“We love this place. Fantastic food. Great view. Exceptionally nice people.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Playa Esperanza

You added Hotel Playa Esperanza to your Saves list
Hotel Playa Esperanza
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   S'Albufera Avda 4, 07458 Playa de Muro, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Playa de Muro
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boulder CO
“We love this place. Fantastic food. Great view. Exceptionally nice people.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have been to Mallorca twice as cyclists. On our first trip, we stayed here as it was recommended by other cyclists. On our second trip, we made a point of spending several days at this particular hotel. The buffet if one of the best I have ever had (which is important to a hungry cyclist). The rates are good. The view from our room was wonderful. Also, the staff was very nice and accommodating. We will be back. My only suggestion to the hotel is to upgrade their wifi service as, during the evening, we could not get access.

Room Tip: It is worth it to get a sea view and to us worth it to upgrade to larger room.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Polish first
Majorca, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Fantastic three nights.Staff amazing .Room 3418 great.Able to sit up in bed and watch the sunrise each morning.Food excellent and service friendly and very efficient.Back again soon for a nice relaxing weekend .

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are best for me.I love the 6th floor suites.Well worth the extra payment.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2014

having stayed approx 30 times in as many years from the 17th to 21st oct 2014, i can highly recommend this hotel to all travellers . i ve travelled all over mallorca in the past , stayed at various locations but this hotel is my favourite hotel .
ideally located by the beach with inviting crystal clear water ,, outstanding views and good value for money hotel .it s worthwhile to opt either for side seaviews or if your budget allows to pay a bit xtra for the corner balcony rooms to the front.it s advisable to email the hotel direct prior departure .i always rent a car at the airport , be aware that all companies will hassle you with xtra options in addition to your online booking .THIS is not necessary and will cost u more money ..
it takes approx 40 min to drive from airport to hotel.
sun loungers are avail at xtra cost in front of hotel by the beach .approx 10 euros per couple per day .. bit pricey but .. u r on holiday .there are some free loungers around the hotel pool though .
meals in the hotel [go for halfboard ] are of good choice and quality .there s something for everybody here . entertainment is average .. and rooms are spacious and clean .
i would recommend this hotel to families or couples.
there are some fabulous short trip options in the area , THE OLD TOWN of alcudia is pretty and romantic so is pollenca TOWN .ideal for good quality traditional tapas and lunches .
a couple of hours away from tourist sites , traditional mini villages with historic buildings .
arta is nice on market days , so is puerto de pollenca ..also mal pas is is funky , when sun goes down , that s where u want to be .a fab view over pollenca bay .. with a glass of chilled vino .money can t buy this view .. !!!. also alcudia harbour is interesting with numerous good restaurants lining this peninsula , there s also the botel hotel which i think got the bestview of
playa de muro .
all achievable within half an hour of driving from the hotel .
ok there are many more places to visit .. further away ... check tripadvisor or check with me if interested .
enjoy

Room Tip: corner balcony room high level 3418
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2014

my wife and i stayed at the playa de esperanza from 28sep to 5oct 2014 for one week we are both in our seventies and found the hotel suited us very well everything from the room to the food to the staff was excellent.don,t worry about the loud entertainment it finishes at 11pm prompt which we thought was about right.the bus stop is outside the hotel and runs regularly.we stayed in room 3026 which has a very good side sea view and pool view .i have just read one review criticising the breakfast i disagree there was every possible choice.the hotel is right on the beach with many sunbeds on the grounds but if you want to be right on the beach it will cost you 10.65 euro.for two sunbeds per day.

Room Tip: we stayed in excellent room 3026 so any room begining 30 would be good
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2014

So where to start.....Location of this hotel is just perfect: on the beach, close to a beautiful natural park, bus stop to Palma and other towns is just in front of the hotel. Playa Esperanza definitely has many advantages. On the other hand, breakfast they serve is very poor, every day there are the same dishes and after a couple of days it starts to be irritating. Dinners, on the contrary, were always diverse and represented national cuisine of different countries. But again very often I couldn't find anything delicious - food was too salty and just not tasty. Especially fish. Moreover, food sometimes was not fresh. However, to be fair, I really enjoyed last two dinners (Italian and Tex-Mex cuisines); they increased my rating of this hotel. Our room was on the third floor, and the view from the balcony was amazing. But in the evening animation program was right under our balcony. For me it wasn't such a big problem, as usually I wasn't in my room at that time. But for seniors or people with small kids it could be a problem, because it was very noisy inside the room. C'mon, people try to have rest there, not to become deaf from fake voices of local animators. And, oh my gosh, animation programs were soooo boring... But of course it depends on taste. I have to say, that animation was maybe more for kids. Another epic theme is room cleaning. I don't know the internal rules of the hotel, but I had feeling there was just one maid for the whole hotel. To have the room cleaned took ages. This was for me, maybe, the most annoying. At our first day there, we had to wait for room to be prepared for more than six hours. It was just too much, even though I count with the fact that we arrived early (about 8 am). I want to ask management of the hotel to think about people. If you know that room cleaning takes so much time, isn't it better to ask a maid first to clean the room of the people that are waiting for it after long and tiring journey? As a conclusion, I want to say that I would definitely come back to this hotel again, because it has certain advantages, but only after they improve their standards of service. They really lack it. I have to say that in many other hotels (for example, 4-star hotels of Riu strand) of the same range I paid less money, but the service was much better. And also food.

Room Tip: Try to book room on the opposite side from the pool if you don't want to enjoy too loud animatio...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014 via mobile

This is a good hotel and having previously stayed at the neighbouring Iberostar, the Esperanza would be my choice out of the two. This is primarily due to the excellent staff, management, service and due to the friendly ambience of the place.

The hotel is situated at the quieter end of the resort with direct access onto a fantastic beach.

The hotel is predominantly patronised by Germans but for me this is not a problem as I prefer not to hear the sound of other English voices as it makes me feel I'm on holiday. The old cliche of towels on sunbeds is however evident so best to keep in the game and get your bed early doors for the best selection. The evening entertainment could also perhaps look to not always focus on the Germans though I appreciate they make up the majority of guests.

One of the hotel's principle good points is the excellent food and efficient waiting staff. The buffet style restaurant offers a choice of two sittings and a table is allocated for the evening meal for the duration of the stay. This mitigates what can be a chaotic circulation of the dining room. The food though is plentiful and delicious and credit should be given to the chefs and catering staff.

In all, what the hotel may lack in a certain refineries, it makes up for in excellent service and friendly staff.

A couple of small gripes such as the slow lifts, small standard rooms (for 2 adults and child) and a need to upgrade the exterior to the spa access and pool apron would not put me off from staying again in this well run hotel. If you prefer your privacy, I would also suggest a pool side room as the road facing rooms have low balcony divides.

P.s Please can the Hotel buy a new dartboard!

• Stayed August 2014
Celbridge, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

Myself and my daughter aged 17 stayed from June 12th to 17th and despite the weather being dreadful for most of our stay, I have to say that our experience in the Esperanza was fantastic. We stayed here back in 2008 and had a great time. I can safely say that it is as good as and better than the last time. The hotel has been redecorated throughout with the exception of the bedrooms which is a shame as this is the only thing that lets the whole thing down! The beds and linen etc are all lovely and clean and comfortable but the furniture is very dated and showing its age. The mini bar was not stocked despite it being mentioned on Booking.com. Bathroom and shower area lovely with no issues at all. Paid extra this time for a Sea View and it was worth every cent! The view and sounds from the sea are just lovely and relaxing at any time of the day or night. For those who wanted to be entertained, there is a full programme to suit every taste and it all ends at 11.00pm which is great for the rooms overlooking the pool!

I cannot say enough about the food and the whole dining experience...... it was the MAIN reason that we returned this time and it did not disappoint. There is an extensive range of food at both breakfast and dinner with something to suit the pickyist of people! Love that they will keep your unfinished bottle of wine for you and have it at your table for you the following evening. They staff and management are superb and despite the offering being a buffet, there is NONE of that rushed buffet feel about the whole experience. You are allocated your table for your evening meal at the beginning of your stay and that is yours for the duration.... no scrammbling for either table or food! Breakfast is a delightful affair and again, no rushed feeling as there are plenty of tables both inside and out and you can enjoy the views and the sounds of the sea over fresh coffee and croissants! Bliss.... Lovely crisp linens and silverware on the tables.. cant say enough about the whole dining experience!

As the ONLY TWO Irish people in the whole hotel for the week, I would urge more Irish folk to try this hotel if you are looking for a little piece of heaven and relaxation! 10 out of 10.Lots of German / French and Russian visitors and all very civilised and friendly but a little more difficult for kids and teens to mix but wouldnt take any marks off for that!

10/10 Hotel Esperanza cant wait till the next time.

Room Tip: Choose a Sea View - Extra but worth every Cent Nightly music till 11.00pm but all finished very pro...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Playa Esperanza? Share your experiences!