We last visited this hotel 3 years ago & since then it has been revamped, mainly the restaurants & outside areas. I believe this hotel is a little gem on prossibly one of the best stretches of beach on the island, the sea is clear and it is possible to wade out some distance at waist level. As close to the caribbean as you are going to get 2 hours from the UK.
The hotel is situated at the far end of a busy strip, there are the usual gift shops, spar etc right outside the hotel & it is a good 40 minute walk to the little harbour where there are some very good restaurants as well as more shops. The reception staff were friendly & check in quick with a porter to take cases. The rooms are ok a little bit basic for the price paid but very clean with good aircon which was truly welcome after a day in the sun. Asked for extra pillows & I think they arrived within 5 mins, nothing too much trouble.
We booked half board with the intention of just eating lunch on days we felt like it but after the first day it soon became clear that if you have the intention of staying in the hotel during the day & even just part of the evening all inclusive was a better choice. We paid 36e ( which was actually reduced on an offer, norm 42e!! ) each per adult which sounds alot but when we worked out that drinks during the day ( water, beer & soft drinks mainly) plus lunch & then drinks in the eve added up very quickly & drinks were not cheap, just under 6e for a spirit & mixer. Children paid half price at 18e which was a winner given all the icecreams & soft drinks consumed on a hot day. In the restaurant we were having a good bottle of red priced at 25e which again was included, infact there were no restrictions at all & our fridge was topped up daily with water, soft drinks & beer although we only ever used the water.
The restaurant was never too full which given that it was height of the season was a bonus, the waiters were great always attentive & no waiting for drinks or table clearing. The food was very fresh & a good selection, lots of sea food & even sushi one nite so a different to the usual. The selection of prepared fruit was mouth watering, one night strawberries/pineapple & choc fountain . . .truly heaven. Can recommend if food is your priority on holiday. During the day we mainly used the beach bar, the view is unbeatable & made for a shady retreat in the heat of the day, the buffet is also available in the main restaurant if you want more choice & if not all inclusive was I think a set 14e each but drinks were on top.
We stayed by a smaller second pool as it wasnt crowded & always afforded a decent breeze which was the only way you could endure to sit in the sun, hot til midday & then the breeze got up, bliss. The main pool was lovely but certainly more packed in & alot hotter most days. Getting a sunbed was never a problem. The beach sunbeds cost 8e per day for 2 beds & parasol, these can be booked for days or weeks but they were not keen to offer any discount unlike the last time we were there.
Evening entertainment is all outdoors, a couple of good acts from outside the hotel with most nights down to the animation team, lots of effort & made us laugh so ok. The piano bar at the front of the hotel made a nice change & a nice place for coffee & a nightcap.
Overall I would certainly plan to come back, the island is now pretty expensive & that is a put off value wise, but apart from the overall holiday cost I honestly could not pick faults with this hotel in any way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Playa de Muro hotel is a top 4-star all-inclusive accommodation located on the beautiful Muro beach in Alcudia (Mallorca). The hotel, which has several solarium terraces, Jacuzzi and 5 swimming pools surrounded by gardens, boasts a wide range of sports and leisure activities. The quality of the gastronomy and the friendliness and professionalism of its staff are other reasons that make this hotel one of the favourites for families visiting the island on holiday. In addition, this hotel is a meeting point for cyclists, amateurs and pros alike, offering them a perfect location and wonderful facilities. The world's top cycling teams choose the IBEROSTAR Playa de Muro to stay during races like IBEROSTAR Challenge Mallorca - the first race on the European pro cycling calendar - or the Mallorca 312 International Cycle Tour - whose 5th edition is being held this year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Iberostar Playa de Muro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa De Muro Hotel Playa De Muro
- Playa De Muro Iberostar
- Iberostar Playa De Muro Majorca