Going on holiday with our son, daughter in law and 3 year old grandchild required a hotel with good sized rooms, access to a sandy beach, a short flight time and suitable food. The Playa de Muro met all of these. The beach had good sand, ideal for sandcastles and gently shelving so kids could paddle. The beach was cleaned each day so there was little rubbish around. The hotel had two pools suitable for children. We went mid September so only smaller children were there so they could play happily. There was a kids club but the toddler one was closed at a time when there were only little ones there. There was a childrens play area fenced off and gated but not supervised. We were all inclusive and the food selection was excellent. The drinks were known brands and wine at dinner was bottled though the better ones meant paying a supplement. Other drinks were recognised brands not local stuff you get on many all inclusive holidays. Overall a very good week's holiday.
The only two drawbacks for me were not hotel issues.The first was the poor support from Thomas Cook (we booked the whole package through them). On arrival at Palma airport we were sent out to a waiting coach where all other passengers were given a welcome pack. When the agent got to us she said she had nothing for us and that was it! We were the only ones on the coach going to that hotel. We didn't know if our bookings had gone astray or what. Luckily the hotel were expecting us but there was no Thomas Cook rep at the hotel at any time. The hotel reception found out the times of the return pick up so at least we were spared the usual sales pitch.
The second issue is the vendors on the beach. We were constantly pestered by people selling cheap watches, sunglasses, handbags, massages etc. They patrolled up and down the beach so in a day we would dozens of approaches. In the main they could be got rid of with a shake of the head though on one occasion one got aggressive and was quite threatening. Surely there is something that can be done to get rid of them off the beaches. As this issue is not restricted to this resort perhaps this could be a Tripadvisors campaign?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Playa de Muro hotel is a top 4-star all-inclusive accommodation located on the beautiful Muro beach in Alcudia (Mallorca). The hotel, which has several solarium terraces, Jacuzzi and 5 swimming pools surrounded by gardens, boasts a wide range of sports and leisure activities. The quality of the gastronomy and the friendliness and professionalism of its staff are other reasons that make this hotel one of the favourites for families visiting the island on holiday. In addition, this hotel is a meeting point for cyclists, amateurs and pros alike, offering them a perfect location and wonderful facilities. The world's top cycling teams choose the IBEROSTAR Playa de Muro to stay during races like IBEROSTAR Challenge Mallorca - the first race on the European pro cycling calendar - or the Mallorca 312 International Cycle Tour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Iberostar Playa de Muro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa De Muro Hotel Playa De Muro
- Playa De Muro Iberostar
- Iberostar Playa De Muro Majorca