We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights on the 7th July 2013, it was our first family holiday with our 2 year old son, our review is as follows:
* The hotel itself is small, basic, a little dated, but very clean and practical.
* Upon arrival there was no travel cot in our room as requested, but the staff got us one straight away once we informed the reception.
* Staff were very friendly, hardworking and helpful. The barman Toni was very welcoming and funny, and really appreciated a little tip and looked after us, including putting warm milk in our sons bottle.
* The entertainment team were excellent. Layla and her co-worker worked round the clock to offer the children a range of fun activities. The night entertainment included a children's disco, bingo and a feature act like parrot show, singers etc.
* If you like a range of fresh and healthy foods this hotel is for you. Everyday there was a wide variety of fresh fruit, continental and english breakfast, salad, chicken, fish, pasta, rice etc.
* The all inclusive was excellent value for money as it included three meals a day at set times, sandwiches, quason's and fruit were provided from 10pm as a snack if you missed breakfast, wanted a light lunch or snack before your evening meal. This was great for us as our little boy was often asleep during the lunchtime buffet. The all inclusive option also included icelollys, cornetto icecreams and icecream sandwiches. The hotel also provide the option to request a picnic the night before if you are planning a day out.
* The pool was clean and is split into two areas,a small baby pool and the main pool. The main pool was ideal for our two year old as it is really shallow when you first got in so he could sit and play, though the pool gradually got deeper as you walked down some steps which you didnt always see at first.
* Air con was provided free of charge and was very cold.
* Initially we thought we would be staying in Alcudia, though on arrival was not dissapointed, Play de muro is just a mini Alcudia. The hotel is very close to a wide variety of bars, restaurants and shops. We only ate out once for my husbands birthday, though was spoilt for choice as most of the restaurants had childrens facilities e.g bouncy castles and play areas.
* The beautiful beach is a 2 minute walk from the hotel.
* The hotel also had facilities for older children including wi-fi, a pool table, videogames and table tennis (all at an extra cost).
* You can catch a road train right outside the hotel which runs every half hour and gives you an open air tour of canpica fort, play de muro and Alcudia. Your ticket entitles you to travel all day both ways.
* Overall we really enjoyed our stay at the Rio Mar. It was excellent value for money, a nice relaxed atmosphere and ideal for families. We would definately return and hope to do so soon =D
We had room number two which was great having a young child as it was right next to reception and we...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.