“Make the best of it!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Mugla
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“Make the best of it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My and my boyfriend came to this hotel for a week from 12th September. I had read the other reviews and was apprehensive but my boyfriend ignored them as he wanted to make up his own mind. There were good and bad points about the hotel: the room was basic, the mattress quite hard and in our room both the air conditioning and shower were broken but both were quickly fixed. The cleaning ladies were so sweet and friendly, they said good morning to us every day. There are a lot of steps but my goodness the views are worth it! The food was ok and on some days really nice and the waiting staff were very friendly and helpful. The first day we spent by the pool which we thought was very nice, the music however did begin to annoy us and later on in the week we found another much quieter pool which we spent a lot of time near. We went on two day trips a boat trip and to Ephesus for the day. These were incredible, we booked with the seaside travel agency down by the beach with Mr Fish, he was extremely friendly and helpful and made sure we got a good deal, I would HIGHLY recommend going to see him if you want to go on a day trip. On our final day we hired electric trikes which were so much fun and a nice way to get around. Overall we really enjoyed our time in Mamaris and would love to come back, however I don’t think we would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brugge, West-Vlaanderen, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

the hotel was very good, nice rooms and food. The animationteam was also very funny, especially shrek, me and my friend had a lot of fun with him :p there were also a lot of activities, so we were never bored! it was an amazing holiday for sure!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I have been staying in this hotel every summer since i was a child and simply love this hotel. This year i've been there in may and i'll go back in a few days from now. I have stayed in other hotels in Marmaris as well but nothing compares to this one. The staff is very hard working and will always help you with everything they can. Sahin is the best entertainer and takes care of a good customer service, he listens to every guest. Also the view you get from this hotel is amazing because it is located on a hill and not next to the busy main road as most hotels. I don't understand why people in normal health complain about its location on a hill or about the stairs, it aren't that much stairs and you're already being lazy during the entire holiday so the stairs will keep you fit. The beach is located on walking distance. The hotel offers a lot for the money you pay and i think the atmosphere is much better and cosier than in most five star hotels. Not only the staff but also the guests are really friendly and it's easy to make friends because of the entertainment which takes you out to bar street together with other guests in the evening. They make sure everybody gets back to the hotel safely. The rooms are basic and clean with good working airco and clean towels every day. There's a lot of choice regarding food for everyone. Which is also a plus is that you can eat in open air while enjoying the amazing view. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Just go there and i'm sure you'll fall in love with it like i did!

By the way they didn't change their name because of its bad reputation as another reviewer said, but because another hotel in the center is also called Halici and like this they wanted avoid confusion.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

its my second year in Halici Semera Holiday Village, i stayed 3weeks this year. i enjoyed the time when Shrek was an animator, he didnt know nothing about it and made the best of it! He is great with children, older people, and in the night he go with everybody who wants to barstreet and bring us back to the hotel SAFE.Also a lot of games to play in the day by the pool, great shows in the evening.. I was really happy with him as a new Entertainer! the best of all. The food was ok, but they can change a little bit its always the same and when you stay long time its not so good. The staff was always nice to us. Hope to see them all again next summer!

Room Tip: Dont take a room all up, everybody changes there room more down.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Oud-Beijerland, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I want to Halici Semera from 25 august till 1 septembre 2012. It was very nice. The service was very good. The cleaners are good. And especially the Animation team was superb. Barbie and Sahin (Shrek). They communicate good with the customers. And they do a lot op nice and pleasure activities with the costumers. So all the credits to the Animation. The make my holiday complete.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Firstly the good points... Beautiful views, rooms basic but spotless, food nice but very repetitive.
Now for the bad points... As said above, food very repetitive. If you arrive in the early hours you get put into an awful room over the road, out of the hotel, apparently they just expect you to move over the next day. Staff rude. No entertainment at all! Apart from bingo pretty much every night where they charge you ten lera to play to win a thirty lera fishbowl... When we arrived there were two entertainment staff, shrek and barbie, half way through the week barbie for the sack for charging people 5 lera for the free bus to the beach party on a night and was pocketing all the cash... The maids are lovely but I had to complain about them leaving the patio doors open. Last but not least one night I went to the ladies only to find poo all over, when telling staff, his reply was to use the men's, after talking to someone else at the hotel it had been like it all day!!

Overall, yes it's cheap but I really wish I had spent more for a decent hotel. I felt they had given up as it is the end of season, I hope the manager sorts his life out for next year or they will have no visitors! I would say a low 3 star if that due to lack of entertainment and the hotel being quite a walk from the centre of marmaris. I would recommend the jeep safari which you can get for 8 English pound. I am not a moaning person and before I came I read the reviews thinking people were just having a moan as they were miserable but honestly, I am far from it! Don't book here! Please trust me!!

• Stayed September 2012
Kilwinning, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

check in 29th aug two weeks. this is NOT 4 star hotel , its simply a two and nothing more than that.arrived at 1 am on 30th to be told if i dont like the room , come see manager in the morning ( ALARM BELLS RINGING INSTANTLY) i paid extra for a garden balcony view , which isnt even an option at this hotel.any way , so ill be chasing a refund on that anyway. but back to hotel,firts two nights like our back patio door wouldnt lock so was worried about going too far, so slept one night unlocked , second night we had to badger the manager who got it locked at last. next day we moved rooms to a small twin room which was suffice but still two star and dated. the food is simply rediculous ,theyre simply isnt enough choice, chicken turkey stews every second day , then theres chicken or turkey done some other way in between.breakfast is a waste of time. i rarely ate theyre at all , youre better going room only and eating out. stairs you will be climbing will be about 500 a day which will keep you fit , so it kinda doubles as a gym lol. then theres the staff, nice enough , but havent a clue about firts aid and no one seems to be trained at all in first aid, theyre answer to a drunk woman who overdone it was to put her in the baby pool.its 40 degrees shes drunk and topless i may add,so lets leave her in the sun and laugh about it. it was degrading to the poor woman and distressing to myself and girlfriend. my girlfriend got the manager up to sort it out as she was distressed about the isue.she was eventually removed to room and checked every soo often and given water , and it was my girlfriend who wrapped a towel round her to protect her dignity, as she said it could be youre sister -daughter.i took many three trips and went to icmelar for a couple so managed to get away from it all. it used to be called halici village but reputtation got soo bad, they changed it to halici samera. i wonder what they will call it next year . my advice is pay the extra go elsewhere
davy

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Halici Semera Holiday Village? Share your experiences!