“Lovable staff and great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Natura Vista

and 1 more site!
You added Natura Vista to your Saves list
Natura Vista
G. Hornijas St. Barangay San Pedro, Bingag | Dauis, Panglao Island, Dauis 6339, Philippines   |
Ranked #1 of 7 Dauis B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Quezon City, Philippines
“Lovable staff and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I super loved my stay here!.. everyone was nice, hospitable and lovable. People should stay here and do all their tours :)

I did countryside, firefly and dolphin watching island hopping last May 1-3, 2013. Massages were excellent too - perfect after a long day outside.

Complimentary breakfast was super good too not to mention their Sinigang na Baboy and Chilli Shrimps.

They also did as I requested - rose petals on the bed and sparkling white wine as we got inside the room. It was a nice surprise to my hubby as he wanted a romantic getaway.

Cheers! See you around Mami Marilyn :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Finally escape from a busy city of cebu, natura vista gave us a relaxing place to re charge for our next distination. My son of 6 years old enjoyed the unique hammock he did not see in other resorts....theres still a lot of place to improve, and looking forward for it next time....its our another home away from home in bohol......more power to the owner and staffs of Natura Vista , bohol...

Room Tip: Try to visit the local beach, not to far, and white sand too.....good exercise...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kuwait City, Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

a small and quite vacation house perfect to those who are looking for a real provincial vacation.. i strongly recommend this place....worth each penny...and the staffs are very much polite and nice.

a place where nature & hospitality meets.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This review is a long time coming.

My wife and I spent our 2013 New Year's eve at Natura Vista. We made last minute bookings during peak tourist season and our host at Natura Vista - Queenie really went out of her way to accomodate us. We spent 2 nights at their "associate" B&B - Coconut Farm and the new year's eve at Natura Vista.

WHAT:
Ntura Vista is really a vacation home and not a commercial resort. If you are looking at big luxurious rooms and a lot of privacy, this is not the place for you. If you are looking to experience how it is to live in a traditional Visaya bunglow and experience the local hospitality - you can't do better.

It is located amidst rustic Visaya fishing community - and no, it doesn't mean the sorroundings are smelly and unclean! To the contrary, the entire village is clean, well maintained and rustic-pretty.

THE GOOD:

- Natura Vista and Coconut Farm are both superlative examples of the Visaya hospitality. They really did go out of their way to make my wife and I feel at home. My wife is vegetarian and our hosts were extremely helpful in making sure that she had plenty of vegetarian options.

- Our trips to White Beach, Chocolate Hills and the Panglao Island Tour were all organized by our host. Once again, our driver / tour guides were extremely courteous, professional and knowledgeable.

- Natura vista is 5 minutes walk from a fishing beach which is lovely. The local fishermen that mill about were very fiendly

THE NOT SO GOOD:
- Since this is a holiday home, don't expect a lot of privacy. So if you are a loud noisy group that wants to just let your hair down - not the place.
- If you are visiting Bohol for diving, definitely not the place since most dive sites are quite far from this place and will require you to spend a considerable sum of money to just get there.
- The place can get boring if you plan to spend a lot of time indoors.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I would classify this "vacation house" as a camp site or hostel.

The place reminded me of the camping trips in elementary and high school... only, this was a fancier. A "grown up" version... without the bon fire.

The owners did a great job bringing out their creativity in making the place look "native". I can see why people find comfort and enjoy this place.

Our room was very small and cramped, lacked toiletries, just like a camp ground or hostel... except with AC, hot water, and TV. I'd call the room "cozy," but the thin rayon beddings just weren't comfortable for me.

In terms of service, Natura Vista didn't manage our expectations very well... from early pickup charges, to overpriced transportation fees... from lunch cruises without a cruise, to day tour that's nothing more than being driven around, to pay entrance fees at every stop in the so-called "tour", to soiled towel charges.

These expectations and extra costs may be negligible to some, but for those who budget for their trips, being nickled and dimed for everything AND not meet expectations will quickly ruin the vacation. They will service you with friendliness and smile, so be prepared to adapt quickly.

Room Tip: The place is setup like a hostel / dormitory / camping. Majority of the rooms share bathrooms so req...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Pasig
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed at Natura Vista Bohol for 4 nights and 5 days. Best experience I have had. Very quaint, relaxing. And perfect if you really want to get away from city life. The staff were very courteous and was very accommodating in all my requests. The tours were very good as everything was taken cared of - prompt and very safe transportation, the driver was very patient with us (although I was alone when I went there, I was with other people during the tour). I got to meet new people as well that also liked the place very much.

After experiencing this, I will make it a point that i will go back to Natura Vista Bohol at least 3 times a year. It was a very relaxing experience for me. Which is exactly what I need.

Kudos to Natura Vista Bohol for a great place to stay in. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Book in advance. This place gets filled up easily!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed at Natura Vista for 4d/3n thanks to a voucher off a dealsite.

First off, Pros: Staff gave us a warm welcome and was very friendly. Our room (double) was small-ish but cozy, but definitely won't be to everyone's tastes. My bf and I liked our room, at any rate. Sheets were scratchy, but you'll get used to it. Layout of the place was very cozy and homey. I found the alcove underneath the family room a nice place to read and relax.

Aircon was satisfactory. No corkage fee, so you can bring your own booze/chips.

Now, Cons: Place is far from most everywhere else, so budget travelers better be prepared to shell out P500 for a one-way car/van drop-off, and another P500 for pickup. Not really "perfect for nature lovers", as the main building insists on playing contemporary music on loudspeakers. Can't really hear the sound of crickets chirping, birds singing, etc over that. The "sumptuous breakfast" was cheap fare, no effort in preparation whatsoever. Don't bother with the lunch and dinner here, overpriced for its quality. Take advantage of the no-corkage and bring your own food.

The "dipping pool" was literally that. A dingy tiled tub in the middle of the area to dip your feet in, measuring maybe 6ft (length) x 4ft (width) x 1.5ft height. I'd be very careful with kids younger than 4 with it, as the sides seem very hard-edged and I can see kids hurting themselves in it.

The room we stayed in was a small space, so don't stay here if you have dive gear. The entire place is pretty small, so I'd advise against family reunions of more than 10pax.

The public beach is a minute walk away from Natura Vista, but the shore has massive amounts of rotten seaweed and some trash. It appears to be a docking place for boats, so swimming might be a bad idea. The next place over is Panglao Island Nature Resort which has a significantly cleaner beach (entrance fee P550 consumable) and is a much better place to hang at.

The Bohol Countryside and Heritage Tour was a tour...but not a GUIDED tour. The van literally just drove the group around the tour spots without any information about any of the sites. For first-time Bohol tourists, they'd be taking photos of sites they have no idea about. If you're serious about touring, get an accredited tour guide/van. Bohol is very rich in culture and heritage; shame that the driver didn't know any bits of information to impart on the guests. This is my 6th time to tour Bohol. The drivers/tour guides who were with me on the route before had loads of interesting trivia and knowledge to share with the guests while in the van. Plus, we had to lineup to pay the fees ourselves at each destination.

I had the misfortune of getting my period midway into our stay, so we requested for an extra towel, to prevent messing up their bedsheets. We were surprised to see that we were charged P150 for the "damaged" towel (which we got to keep after), as "there won't be anyone to launder the bloody towel.". This isn't the first time my period came during a hotel/resort stay, and we were never charged for "damaged" towels (or sheets) before.

On a personal note, on our last day at the resort, we noticed two of the other guests had picked up a couple of starfish from the beach and had set them out in the middle of Natura Vista intent of drying the creatures. I asked the manager about them and she agreed that "it wasn't allowed" and that they (Natura Vista) would just throw the dried starfish away afterwards. My bf and I picked up the starfishes, walked out to the public beach, and placed the starfish back into the ocean. What irritates me is, Natura Vista claims to cater to "nature lovers", but that behavior doesn't strike me as such. Natura Vista even has "leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures, kill nothing but time, create nothing but memories" hanging prominently on their wall, but didn't even bother to inform their guests that it is not allowed to take starfish (and coral, etc) from the beaches.

In a nutshell, book this place if you are a traveler looking for a quiet, relaxing place to read or sleep, away from the beach, city, or tours. Don't stay here if you want to experience everything Bohol has to offer. Natura Vista is a "Provincial Experience", but definitely not the "Ultimate" one.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the rooms with the private bathroom. Some of the rooms have a common bath.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
qmlungay, Manager at Natura Vista, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
The reviewer got their package from a group buying deal site at P4,999 (119.28USD) for TWO PERSONS inclusive of the following:

- 3D2N Accommodation (Stayed in Kalipay Cottage with aircon, queen size bed, private bathroom w/ hot & cold shower, TV w/ usb port)
- Airport Pickup & Drop-off (aircon van)
- Bohol Countryside & Heritage Tour (inclusive of van, driver, and fuel)
- Daily Set Breakfast
- Welcome Snacks
- Souvenirs
- Discounts on Additional Nights & Tours (which they availed when they stayed an extra night)

If you buy deals from group buying sites, we the merchants suggest checking the inclusions carefully before buying and booking. We do understand that customers expect to get what they paid for and we at Natura Vista make sure to provide that, and even send it again with the VACATION REMINDERS that we email upon booking. It’s confusing when guests complain about things that were not included. We can't afford to give extras anymore (like licensed tour guides for instance), because we only list these really good deals on group buying sites, not for profit but for marketing and exposure.

Natura Vista is indeed a small, cozy place with only 7 rooms, and even in our social sites we have mentioned several times that it's not for everyone's taste. Throughout the stay which was even extended to 3 nights, Ms. Jme and especially her boyfriend who was a gracious gentleman, only had good things to say. She only got upset and complained upon checkout. Apparently, the staff found the extra bath towel she requested soaked with period blood and charged her P150 (3.50USD), which is only half the retail price so she can just bring it home. It was supposed to be just a confidential incident but we’re surprised that this is being announced publicly via this review as retaliation. It was unfortunate that she got her period during vacation, but the white towel was widely stained with blood. We provide toilet papers in the bathroom and sanitary napkins in our store. It's not that there's no one to wash it like she mentioned. It’s just that we want to keep things clean & sanitary for all guests. I’m sure that no guest, reviewer included, deserves to use a bath towel on their face and body that was previously soaked with someone else's period (even though it has been washed). The fee was even very minimal, considering that we got it for double the price.

A lot of the things complained about here would have been attended to right away if she asked the staff nicely. She did mention that the staffs were warm and friendly, even reminding them about the welcome refreshments that were night taken because they arrived late on the first day.
- We always make sure that the sheets are properly laundered and ironed before placing the beddings on, but if the reviewer thought it was scratchy & told the staff, they would have replaced it promptly, no questions asked. No need to get used to it.
- The place is far from the touristy Alona beach, but we did inform both the reviewer and her boyfriend about it during the inquiry and reservation process. The only sites walking distance from Natura Vista are Hinagdanan Cave, Panglao Island Nature Resort & Spa, San Pedro & Sibukaw Public Beaches (which are boat docking stations of local fishermen) and Dapdap public beach and its snorkeling sanctuary.
- Contrary to what this review states, the main building does NOT insist on playing loud contemporary music. The new albums were bought a few days before their arrival because another guest complained that it was too silent, so we bought them new music. During the reviewer’s stay, another teenage guest kept turning the volume up. All the other guests didn’t really mind because she was really adorable. The reviewer could have asked the staff to turn it down and that would have been granted.
- Free breakfast came with the package. Any special request, if done one day before, would have been granted. For lunch or dinner, we gave them a link to our menu during the reservation process. Even informed them that pre-ordered meals has 10% discount. It’s the first time we heard that the foods are overpriced for its quality, since we usually get only praises for them.
- The pool is meant for kids, but of course adults are also allowed if they liked. Even after hundreds of guests here, NOT ONE KID HAD AN ACCIDENT OR GOT HURT IN THE POOL.
- The place IS small, with only 7 rooms. It’s an exaggeration though that it’s not advisable to have a family reunion with more than 10 people. We had group reservations here of 20-25 people and they all had a great time.
- We are in the middle of a fishing community. The public beach is a boat docking station. We never claimed it to be anything else.
- The Bohol Countryside Tour included in the P4999 promo package for two did not include a licensed tour guide. We could have easily provided one for an additional fee.
- Natura Vista does cater to Nature Lovers, no open & closed quotation needed here. We can’t control some guests who insist on getting fishes or corals from the beach. when they told the staff about it, the staff said they’re not allowed to be taken out of the ocean and be brought somewhere else. The reviewer did mention that. They were just a little bit busy that time dispatching tours and check-outs, but were going to throw them back to the ocean. Since the reviewer claims to be such a big nature lover, then we’re grateful that they returned the star fish to the beach. But the staff would have done that themselves.
- Like she said, we do have a sign "leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures, kill nothing but time, create nothing but memories" hanging prominently on our wall as a reminder, but we cannot control everyone.
- It’s a good thing that our reviewer cares so much about the environment, but must also be reminded that leaving the aircon turned on even after leaving for the day’s activity so it stays on the whole day isn’t very earth friendly either. She must consider that the next time she stays in another resort.

Been to Natura Vista? Share your experiences!