My partner and I stayed here overnight having spotted this gorgeous location on a browse through the Mr and Mrs Smith website in search of B&Bs in France . This hotel is situated just down the road from where my partner has a home in the Charente in France , so our visit on this occasion was intended as a short one night treat away from home which is exactly how it turned out.
We loved every minute . The hosts Max and Pierre could not have done more to make us feel welcome and ensure we were comfortable and well looked yet they were discrete and unobtrusive leaving us to explore the beautiful property and surrounds at our leisure.
The Logis is featured in over 40 worldwide glossy publications and it's easy to see why, it is stunning ! The attention to detail resulting in an overall harmonious and chic retreat that begs photographs wherever your line of sight takes you -the Logis is a feast for the eyes of any enthusiastic interiors and architectural enthusiast !
The food served at dinner and breakfast has a well deserved reputation , Pierre who is the Interior designer of the duo , turning his hand to delicious dishes such as Duck cooked to perfection and a Panacotta to die for !! all served in their fabulous reception room.
Max has a natural and easy charm and his enthusiasm and genuine appreciation of compliments is endearing making him the ideal host . He related a story to us of a previous female guest having burst into tears as she and her partner took their leave, a feeling I could well understand as we reluctantly took our leave from this sanctuary of understated luxury and harmony the morning after a short but very memorable sojourn.
We will be back in the near future !
- Also Known As:
- Le Logis De Puygaty Hotel
- Le Logis De Puygaty Hotel Chadurie
- Le Logis De Puygaty France/Chadurie
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Two and a half hours by high-speed train from Paris-Montparnasse, the Logis de Puygaty is a design-boutique property located just south of Angouleme in France's cognac region. Nestled in the region's vallied countryside where forests meet vineyards, this 15th Century fortified farm has been restored and its rooms feature state of the art accommodations designed with a contemporary twist. ... more less