I read a lot of the reviews on here before going to Turtle Beach so I had a bit of an idea what to expect. It's not cheap to stay at a resort in the Caribbean and this is the cheapest all-inclusive in Tobago so I think people need to keep that in mind. Overall we did have a good time and would recommend it.
All the communal areas are really nice: the lobby, outside and indoor dining areas, bar and especially the pool area! It's a beautiful pool to sunbathe by and will be even better once the bridge is back and the jacuzzi is working. We thought there was a good variety of food at the buffet although sometimes it wasn't as hot as we would have liked. However I regularly saw the chef checking the temperatures of the dishes so it wasn't like it was something that was being ignored and I appreciate that it's not an easy task! Maybe heated food warmers would be a good investment? The all-inclusive cocktails were also really good :)
The only thing we were really disappointed in was the room. I appreciate the '70's charm' but there were a few things that were just broken (bed headboard, table on balcony etc). Our bathroom was particularly bad. I'm not sure if other rooms are the same but there wasn't sufficient ventilation in ours. As a result it was constantly damp so we couldn't keep anything in there for it would end up damp too, including the toilet paper! There was also a leak coming from the roof which resulted in a puddle on the floor. Housekeeping would mop it up each day but not do anything about getting it fixed. I'd already mentioned a few minor problems to reception early in the stay so I didn't say anything about this until a few days in. We were then given a towel to put on the floor which stayed in the offending area for the rest of our holiday. A slight improvement to standing on a wet floor but not exactly a great long term solution...
Even with the problems in our bathroom we still had a great time. A refurbishment of the rooms would make a huge improvement to the overall experience of Turtle Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "best beach resort experience in Tobago" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Turtle Beach by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Beach By Rex Hotel Scarborough
- Turtle Beach Tobago
- Turtle Beach Rex Resorts
- Turtle Beach Hotel Tobago
- Turtle Beach By Rex Resorts Tobago/Plymouth