The only good thing at this resort is Dain the waiter. He was very sensitive to us from the first moment he saw us even though we did not say a word. He picked up on our expressions and noticed that our meal for dinner was soup and salad. The rest of the food was just disgusting!
By the end of our 3 night stay, the food did improve in selection and variety. We enjoyed the dinner the Saturday night and breakfast Sunday morning and also lunch.
The rooms need improvement. We did not have a TV remote until the last night although we repeatedly asked Esther at the front desk where all of our requests to her went to deaf ears like dirt on the floor after they moved two single beds to make a king. The dirt remained until the last day when another cleaner gave our room the best cleaning it ever had.
When we asked Front desk Esther to book us another two rooms for our family who were joining us on Friday and Saturday, she said they had no rooms. When we asked Esther in Reservations, she accommodated us.
The people make the resort and there are more people there that do not make it.
This resort allows locals who cook outside, take all of our patio furniture, and leave the garbage overflowing. Not very good!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "best beach resort experience in Tobago" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Turtle Beach by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Beach By Rex Hotel Scarborough
- Turtle Beach Tobago
- Turtle Beach Rex Resorts
- Turtle Beach Hotel Tobago
- Turtle Beach By Rex Resorts Tobago/Plymouth