“Fantastic Holiday” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Plymouth
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Lovely holiday at Turtle Beach. Was a bit worried at first as there seemed to be quite a lot of negative comments on here - however I certainly had no issues at all. Room was excellent nice and clean and large. Fridge provided and ice maker outside the room - not that this was needed as the bar provided everything! Food was good and varied - I saw no queues or problems with food running out. The outside restaurant was lovely overlooking the beach. Everyone was very friendly and this was especially good for me as I was travelling on my own. Met some good friends both in the hotel and out - see you soon Val and Yvonne:). Special thanks to Dain working in the restaurant and Aubrey on security. Had a lovely time and will be back!

Room Tip: If you dont want to walk too far, dont go for any room higher in number than 119/219 or so.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
LeslieAmedee, General Manager at Turtle Beach by Rex Resorts, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Many thanks for choosing Turtle Beach by rex resorts for your holiday and for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at the hotel.

We are pleased to know that we delivered to your satisfaction on our promise to offer warm and consistent service, good food, clean comfortable rooms and environment. Your salutations will be extended to the staff mentioned.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Leslie Amedeé

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Polish first
Chaguanas, Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I stayed at Turtle Beach Hotel for Christmas 2013 along with my sister and her family. The experience was phenomenal because the food was so fantastic, the rooms were airy, roomy and very clean. The staff, especially Ms Moore, was quite accommodating and friendly. The check-in time was too long as our rooms were not ready in time, but for the duration of our stay, we soon forgot the delay, and my husband and I had no other complaints. Being right on the beach is a plus, and the massive pool is unforgettable. I'll definitely be staying here again. Hats off to a great hotel.

Room Tip: Room 107 and 108 are closer to the dining room. But for turtle watching, I'd definitely choose t...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
LeslieAmedee, General Manager at Turtle Beach by Rex Resorts, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Thank you for choosing Turtle Beach by rex resorts for your short yet special (Christmas Celebration) family vacation and for taking time to post a review on your stay at the hotel.

We do apologize for the unexpected delay on check-in, which was due to problems experienced with our Laundry Department. Albeit a lengthy delay, the problem was resolved and we have implemented a back plan to avoid such delays in the future.

I am pleased to know that the staff were able to impact positively on your stay with warm and consistent service throughout.

Once again, thank you for choosing Turtle Beach by rex resorts and we certainly look forward to welcoming in the not too distant future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

this is a very late review but When i arrived at this resort it was disappointing .. i never booked the hotel it was a group of 25 for a wedding but every day i was there it grew on me and by the end of the holiday i really loved the place. food is good. locals are brilliant. bar man are very slow if your all inclusive

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
We are thankfully that Turtle Beach by rex resorts was the hotel chosen to host the wedding party, which you were a part of.

I note your comment of the initial disappointment, but more importantly and gratifying, is the fact that we were able to turn it around with the warmth of service, good food and fantastic location.

The issue with the slow service from the bartender is not our acceptable mode of operation and I do apologize. This has been addressed with the bartenders to ensure the promptness in service standards is not compromised in future.

Once again, thank you for choosing Turtle Beach by rex resorts and for taking the time to post your review on your recent stay with us.

Regards

2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I booked 5 nights here for my bf and I months in advance. I requested a room with king sized bed and nice view the lady who took our reservation assured this, arrived at 2.30pm check in was 3pm never got a room till 8.40pm along with over 4 groups of ppl waiting on rooms. The room we eventually got was dirty and disgusting. The next day we got a better room for the next 4 nights. However nice resort horrible service & disorganised! Never again!!!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for choosing the Turtle Beach for your recent stay.

We thank you for taking the time to review our resort and regret the inconvenience experienced when you arrived. Also that you were not kept informed of the reason for the delay which we acknowledge is not welcomed after a long journey.

The reason for the delay in having rooms ready was due to an issue in our laundry department. This was subsequently rectified and we have now introduced other backup plans to avoid repeat of these issues in the future.

Despite the discomfort experienced, we are thankful to you for choosing Turtle Beach by rex resorts for your short holiday. Once again, my sincere apologies for letting you down, I do hope that you will reconsider and will permit us the opportunity to extend a warm welcome back to our resort in the future.

Sincere regards

Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

By the time we arrived here we had been in the Carribean for nearly 3 weeks - 10 days in Antigua, a 8 days in St Lucia and then Turtle Beach in Tobago. Perhaps we were therefore very ready to sample the truly lovely relaxed ambience, which I couldn't fault. Lovely long walks along the beach, opportunities to help the fishermen bring in their nets and watch them harvest their catch, turtles, and plenty of white sand and beautiful palm trees. Food and accomodation was fine and the staff were lovely. If you're able to holiday in the sun and enjoy what is truly a spectacular location without niggling about every small detail, Tobago and the Turtle Beach offer a fantastic Caribbean experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
LeslieAmedee, General Manager at Turtle Beach by Rex Resorts, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Very true to what we press so hard to deliver and maintain consistently, warm and friendly service, clean and relaxing comfort in a fantastic setting (location), and good food.

It is wonderful that the end of your Caribbean vacation was in Tobago at Turtle Beach by rex resorts and we were able to deliver to your satisfaction.

Thank you for choosing us, cause we are fully cognizant that there are so many options/choices available and I am indeed pleased that we were able to truly show our appreciation through our product and service delivery that made your stay with us and in the Caribbean a wonderful one.

Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My son and I stayed for a week over Christmas. I had been here 26 years ago and was pleased to see how little Tobago has changed. The hotel is rather dated but our room was large, light and comfortable with a balcony overlooking the beach. The staff were friendly and helpful. The pool and bar area were lovely and right next to the beautiful beach. The food was varied , tasty and plentiful. We had a very chilled and relaxing holiday and I hope I can return again soon.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Twenty six years on and we are still able to impact your vacation positively. Thank you for return even after so long and we do hope the next visit will not take that long.

I am indeed pleased that we were able to deliver on our promise of warm service, clean and relaxing comfort and good food.

Thank you for choosing us again and for taking time to write your review.

Regards,

Wirral, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I took 23 friends and family to my Wedding in September 1999. Rex had just started doing Wedding's and we may have been the first ones to get married there. I am so excited to be going back this time with my husband and 3 children and 4 family members. The hotel was clean, staff friendly and food delicious. We arrive April. See you soon Tobago.

• Stayed January 2014
We look forward to welcoming you again and will do all that is possible to make sure this visit is just or even better than the last.

Thank you for choosing us and for sharing your review.

Regards

Leslie Amedeé

Been to Turtle Beach by Rex Resorts? Share your experiences!