“Special honeymoon” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Plymouth
Sidcup
“Special honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I have been meaning to get round to this review and haven't had time, but I am so glad to see it is now the number one hotel for the area. And so it should be!

We had the most fantastic honeymoon, with sparkling wine and fruit in the room upon arrival. The staff were beyond fantastic and couldn't do enough for you. We had many conversations with Mr Lawson, we knew we was in safe hands with him and he always had a smile on his face and a lovely warm greeting.

If you take any excursions with the beach vendor, Keith A Team is the best. He isn't too pushy, has great value for money and is a really nice genuine man. If you need souvenirs, do visit Henry. You can 100% trust this man to deliver high quality leather goods.

The food in the hotel - some of the best we have ever had. Steaks, pork chops, roasts (and thanks for getting my husband hooked on to the hash browns!) anything you can imagine, it was here. The drinks were great, the non alcoholic cocktails were to die for. Oh how I crave a Bentley as I write this!

The entertainment was a little different, mostly good (fantastic DJ twice a week, Princess Adani this girl can sing and the limbo guy, amazing) but you do have a bit of a cringe factor (a guy with a red beret and a keyboard, and a mother father son trio) but they were friendly warm hearted people who have interesting life stories if you speak to them after their performance.

The rooms, in a word, massive. Huge with beautiful views and amazing amount of facilities for a 3 star property. Fridges, hairdryers, safes, huge beds, double vanities, etc. Cleaners always cleaning your room.

Count the lizards on your way to the lobby and pool, great fun!

We loved it so much are returning next year!

Room Tip: Any room is great! But higher floor rooms feel more secure
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Polish first
Trinindad and Tobago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Had a lovely long weekend at this resort. Visited with my family and friends, a rather large group. We arrived almost 7 am, but this was not a problem as we were allowed to use the facilities while we waited to check into our rooms. Spent the morning on the beach, not in the water, but watching the fishermen bring in their nets with their catch of the day. This was nice as guests staying at thehotel joined in as well.We got to our room a bit before 3. The rooms were spacious and had a lovely view of the ocean as it is practically on the beach front. Meals were excellent in the restaurant and dinner was a pleasant surprise as there was a local steelpan band playing live, which was quite enjoyable as I had never heard live steelpan before. The service was also great and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The pool was great as I spent most of the next two days in there as well as the hot tub. There was a swim up bar, where we sat and had drinks and chatted with the bartenders as they were really friendly and gave us a lot of advice on where to visit on the island. We were told that when turtles come to lay eggs on the beach, that we could come to out to see it and were even offered a wake up call when the time was right. Am amazing sght to behold as these gentle giants came in to lay their eggs. I was even even luuled to sleep by the sound of the waves at nights, which was entirely satisfying. All in all, a great stay at a lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms closer to the pool, its a shorter walk than the beachfront rooms.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

The resort was a bit tired looking on arrival and the rooms weren’t much better. If you’re after value-for-money then you might want to look elsewhere in the Caribbean. The all inclusive package wasn’t as good as others I’ve experienced. The buffet was very predictable, like most A.I. resorts, but the food wasn’t enjoyable at all. Not much on the entertainment side of things either, we spent the entire holiday playing table tennis and lounging around the pool which we could’ve done anywhere in the world at less of an expense. The local tour suppliers are much cheaper than what the hotel offers. Watch out for the all inclusive fishing / snorkelling / dolphin trip with BBQ though, not worth the £60 we paid each. There were no fishing rods on the boat, the snorkelling lasted all of 10 minutes and I never seen a dolphin the entire duration of the trip or holiday for that matter. Not that any of that mattered, me and my brother had an amazing trip. The guys on the boat were a good laugh, the music was great and most importantly there was more alcohol than mixer in the free cocktails. Back to the resort, I’m sad to say my fondest memory was leaving to go back to Trinidad. This hotel is by no means a reflection of what Trinidad & Tobago has to offer.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Oslo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I had such a good stay at this hotel. very nice staff friendly great pool and food was ok. there was always a lot of guest to chat with and staff always clean the rooms. east to leave room and come back. great view of ocean kind of rough to swim though.

Room Tip: get room facing ocean. u get nice breeze
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Trinidad
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Decided to go to Turtle Beach for a weekend of rest and relaxation, so my husband and I booked the All Inclusive package. Upon arrival on Friday evening, the atmosphere seemed nice and clean. We were given the keys to the room which was also very clean and well presented. However it was only when we started living in the room did the problems arise. At first, the air conditioning was not coming on, then after taking a shower we realised that the bathroom floor was completely covered in water, later the TV refused to come on and when it did one could barely make out anything. Later that night we went down to dinner which by far was the worst plate of food ever. They definitely need to change the chef! Over the next two days the food (bfast/ lunch / dinner) did not improve in taste.

Each time we needed fresh towels or the room cleaned, I would have to call reception and ask them to send someone. Once they even told me if I see any one I can ask them myself.

This was most frustrating! I will never return to Turtle Beach again and do not recommend this resort to anyone!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Just had a fabulous week at Turtle Beach. Friendly staff and locals. Great pool and lovely food(soups are fabulous). Baby turtles and Giant turtles not to be missed and right on the doorstep. Lots to see and do, and a big thanks to Keith,the hotels trip organiser who looked after us on the boat trip with Island party and barbeque. What a mean limbo dancer he is. Great fun and definatly back for more of the same.
Lynn and Tony.M

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

After a 30+ year absence, I returned to the Turtle Beach Hotel to a familiar setting. The beach is very pleasant. This older hotel has much charm with good service and easy access to the island's many activities. We saw two huge turtles come up the beach and lay eggs, one in front of our room, drawing quite a crowd! We only had breakfast included in the package as we preferred to eat at local restaurants and pass on the buffet food. I didn't like charging my credit card when the booking was made over a month in advance. The room came with one king and a small separate room with a single bed that worked great for my daughter. We couldn't retrieve voice mail from the room phone and the problem couldn't be fixed by the staff that responded quickly to the issue. We had no problems with beach roaming vendors and walked the beach as far as we could in both directions without being disturbed. The beach was clean. I didn't understand why hotel guests used the fresh water swimming pool so much! Excellent taxi service at a fair rate was provided by Eddy. Be careful on the wodden steps if you have a second level room as the steps are not evenly spaced at the top. Turtle Beach over the Fourth of July is a very relaxing experiencing.

Room Tip: Be specific with your room requirements. Three floors are available. All access is from the outsid...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Turtle Beach by Rex Resorts? Share your experiences!