“One of Tobago's better hotels” 4 of 5 stars

Turtle Beach by Rex Resorts
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Courland Bay, Plymouth, Tobago   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Plymouth
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“One of Tobago's better hotels”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

Booked all inclusive for a long weekend and was very impressed. The room was modern and was very well presented. Nice flat screen TV, lots of channels and a balcony overlooking the sea. The pool area was nice and you could literally step straight out of the hotel onto the beach. The staff were friendly and the buffet style meals offered plenty of choice. Really can't fault this hotel, for the price paid for the room it was excellent value. Would definitely recommend it to others.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Polish first
nyc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

I have traveled all over the world, I have never stayed at a hotel that doesnt have electric sockets in the room, have poor communication between reservations and the actual resort or bland food. I tried to book my reservation directly through the hotel, and was told i couldnt because I didnt live in Trinidad, so I booked it online. I called the reservations number in the states, asked SPECIFICALLY if I should pay for an extra night because I would be arriving in the early morning, I was told that I wouldnt have to, I would be able to get my room upon check-in, be able to eat ( I purchased all incl for 2 adults, 2 children) and there would be a note in our reservation that we would be arriving early. We arrived at 10am, waited an hour & a half to get our room, then was told that we would have to wait until 3PM to partake in the all-incl restaurant- WHEN I SPECIFICALLY ASKED IF I SHOULD PURCHASE AN EXTRA NIGHT STAY SO I WOULDNT HAVE THESE PROBLEMS! So we arrived at 10am, had to wait until 3pm to eat, lunch was stopped being served at 3pm (tea & crackers at 4pm) , then dinner at 7pm. I was supposed to make 2 kids wait until 7pm to eat?!! The manager eventaully "LET US EAT" the dried out & whatever left over food was left at 230pm only after I complained. Horrible customer service! We may only be one family, but Rex Resorts will NEVER get a dime from me again!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

Staff very friendly and clearly there to make your holiday as happy as possible. Rooms a little 'tired' but as you only sleep, shower and change in them, more than satisfactory.

The advise is that Tobago time is slower than anywhere we been, your not being ignored... just be prepared to wait a little bit longer to get served

• Stayed March 2011
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

Hotel - advertised as a 3 star ( or 3 V if you go with virgin) and it is that . If your looking for a clean , comfortable and family / couples ( depending on time of stay) holiday then that is what you will get . The hotel is located literally on the beach and in my opinion you couldnt get a better location . Rooms are clean ( could use a redecoration ) and are a good size , they have a tv but not the greatest selection of channels also a small fridge and French doors leading out onto the beach. The food was ok for Tobago standards but average for uk standards ( unless you like fish) . The pool is a good size and there is a dive shop on site which I used and found good . Some of the local staff in the hotel I found a bit miserable at times but generally ok (all the phillipinos working there were great ) . The locals on the beach who ask you to go on tours and sell craft are generally nice people , we were unsure about going with them but after a trip on a boat snorkelling found them to be really nice friendly people and would recommend using "woodys tours" from the beach for boat trips and "hans tours"(lovely guy) ask at reception for taxis and island tours(has 13 seat mini bus as well) , also heard "frankys tours" were good too but didn't get a chance to use him myself .

• Stayed April 2011
B/WOOD ENGLAND
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

Had a great first week at the Turtle Beach, visited the island beaches, forest and waterfalls. Its an a beautiful place. The hotel staff were amazing and the restuarant was above average and there was plenty to choose from.Rooms were clean, but mosquito were in a plentiful supply in the room. The room upgrade was toffee and totally not worth it, a couple we met had a better room and paid no extra, also had a full fridge. I got stung in the pocket dealing with the beach traders, this was due to my stupidity, mixed with the local puncheon(RUM) mixed with full throttle. A couple of really nice guys we went on trips with was Blacks and Franky . Had a really great time, we also went to Sunday School with Woody another great night. We also done the Carnival with Blacks, totally crazy morning (jouvert). The down side was the pool bar was ment to be open until 11:30, but closed between 8:30 and 9:00. Also we saw two turtles laying, which was another bonus. We had done so much in the first week we were totally shattered after 10 days and ready to go home. We did want any more ash trays, necklaces, trips, massages, birds made from horns, carvings etc. I had them brought all, lock stock and barrell. Now I had to give my clothes away, to fit all the bric-a-brac in my case. I think the Rum and the sun, had turned me loco. A big thanks to all the staff and guest who made it a holiday to remember. Big Show sorry I forgot to leave you my trainers. Also do not forget TJ's just a walk up the beach to Plymouth. A great bar plenty of local characters and live football.It was top draw we were made very welcome.

Room Tip: Mosquito plug for the room, totally for no smokers
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
bognor regis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

every thing was good except bertram and mohamed the bar men that served as slow as poss and never smiled and laughed when we couldnt get served. hotel needs new ping pong table and general tidy up, manager was doing nothing. The men on the beach new where to go and how cheap to go on tours ask Engine Bob he carves on the beach and is trustworthy kind and helpful, Keith the tour guide is allegedly a shark go to engine bob on the beach for tours and taxis not keith.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

We had requested a room with a kingsize bed. The Lady at the desk was not able to confirm that the room allocated to us met our requirements. So off we went to the room only to find that it had twin beds. we then had to go back to the lobby with all our luggage and had to wait until the room was cleaned. By now it was over 3 hours since we arrived at the resort. Not a good start having flown for 8 hours and waited at the airport for almost an hour. It only got worse from then. The shower was blocked and had to be reported twice, no bottle opener to open the wine they had supplied, the cleanliness of the place is below average. The worst was that on room only we had to pay a deposit of 1000 TT (£100) and this was not just a swipe but was taken out of the account with a commission. Thomas Cook on booking did not warn us about this, even though we asked in advance.

Room Tip: Find another place
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Turtle Beach by Rex Resorts? Share your experiences!