Me and my boyfriend stayed in a Suite Villa at Suites Alba for 4 nights in the first week of October. Early October is a great time to visit, as it is out of season, meaning less crowded and less children, but still sunny and 25C - 27C - and best of all it's cheaper.
Service & staff: From the moment we arrived until the moment we left we received nothing but an excellent service. The people working in reception were incredibly helpful whenever we needed anything and also gave good tips about what to visit in the area. We checked out at 11am, but our flight was not until the evening, but they still happily looked after our luggage and let us use towels from the spa as well as the shower. Maids, restaurant staff, reception staff and spa staff were always friendly and forthcoming.
Accommodation: We stayed in a 2 bedroom Suite Villa with a small terrace and garden. The villa was stunning, nicely decorated which gave it a cosy feel. There is a kitchen with a fridge, stove, microwave and dishwasher and you simply have to ask for any cooking appliances and plates at reception. It's best to ask for cutlery before the restaurant opens in the evening as it is delivered by the kitchen staff. The prices for items in the mini fridge ranged from about €2.30 for a soft drink to €39 for a bottle of champagne/sparkling wine.
Restaurant/food: Our package included breakfast buffet, which we really took advantage of. The food was amazing - the selection included fresh bread, a range of hams, salami, salmon, cereal, a large selection of fresh fruit, fried sausages, eggs, bacon and much more.
We had dinner at the restaurant the first night - it was not amazing for us as we are not big fans of haute cuisine. The food tasted great, but the portions were small and it cost around €25 for a main course. It was not until the last night we realised the restaurant had a room service with much cheaper 'normal' meals such as burgers, chicken and salads.
Facilities/location: The location is ideal if you are looking to get away from everything and just want to relax by the water. The resort is located right by the sea and has a wonderful landscape which makes for some great sunset walks. The beach is less than a 5 minute walk away and is simply stunning, clear blue water and surrounded by limestone. If you want to get around and are not travelling by car, you will have to get around by taxi or bicycle. We took a taxi to the nearby town Carvoiero, which cost around €10 - €15 euros. It's a useful place to visit if you want to buy food, souvenirs or simply want to go to a restaurant or have a drink.
We enjoyed our stay so much we can't wait to go back again next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Central Algarve, at the top of the cliffs of Albandiera Beach, the resort is secluded and surrounded by a national park which due to its location, offers peace and tranquility to its guests. With only 50 rooms and 3 room categories, Alba Villas by Epikurean formally known as Suites Alba Villas offers a small intimate resort with the additional services of a restaurant, a bar and a spa. The cuisine is modern Portuguese with a strong focus on local produce. A wine cellar may also be used for entertainment and dinners for up to 16 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Orbitz, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Suites Alba Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suites Alba Hotel Carvoeiro
- Suites Alba Resort And Spa
- Suites Alba Resort & Spa Portugal/Lagoa, Algarve