Have returned from a wonderful month in this hotel during end September - October.
My partner booked this through Thomas Cook earlier in the year. I must admit I was anxious after reading other Trip reviews nearer to departure date.
For us the apartment was perfect; sea views, spacious with two Queen size beds, large lounge, roomy hall and bathroom with a bath.
It is a little dated but it is comfortable and I felt able to relax.
The beds are very clean, linen is regularly changed and a maid came in every single day.
The staff were exceptional, managing several languages and very helpful. Ask them where the locals eat!
Yes, Solferias Hotel is on a hill but most of Carvoeiro is, being part of the seven valleys on that piece of the Algarve. There are building regulations that forbid high rise in and around Carvoeiro, we were on the forth floor (top).
The walk is not very far and there are also three ways to get into the main area and beach.
Hotel runs transport three times a day.
The 'black' ceilings are actually brown and textured, reflecting somewhat the Algarve rock formation. There wasn't too much imagery on the walls which was very restful.
Swimming pool is clean, not to big.
- Also Known As:
- Solferias Hotel-Apartamentos Hotel
- Solferias Hotel-Apartamentos Hotel Lagoa
- Solferias Hotel Lagos
- Solferias Hotel Apartamentos
- Solferias Hotel-Apartamentos Portugal/Lagoa, Algarve
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, HostelWorld, HostelBookers, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fastbooking so you can book your Solferias Hotel-Apartamentos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.