“Great Fun” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Game/ Entertainment Centers
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Your trip begins from the moment you arrive into the Port of Ocho Rios or Falmouth; you will be picked up by our well informed driver for a spectacular ride up to H’Evans Scent . On route the Caribbean Sea is so close you feel that you could touch it. And so you begin a leisure drive up hill. The drive takes you through sleepy villages past kids going to school to locals doing their washing H’Evans Scent is located 2000ft up with a view across the green fields of St Ann, our garden parish.Upon arrival at H’Evans Scent Bamboo gates you will be met by our friendly staff who will give you your first real taste of Jamaica, a natural fruit drink made from fruits that are in season, served in a calabash cup. H’Evans Scent was the first to introduce Zip Lines to the Island of Jamaica and they have stayed ahead of the competition by installing rides which are different to what others are offering. Each ride is a different experience, and once you have been harnessed your safety instructions comes next then it is onto the first Zip Line.
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 attraction reviews
“Great Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

You are greeted by Derrick, the owner upon arrival. He is a good looking and fit older gentleman that you will take an instant liking to. His facility is very well run and very organized. I have zipped lined in many locations throughout the world, so I am no stranger to this activity. If i had to emphasize a few points, they are as follows:

1) Safety is a top priority. This operator takes great pride in making sure that his staff is properly trained and knowledgeable in what they are doing. They do not mess around and assure your safety. The staff is also extremely friendly and courteous.

2) I hate to write anything bad about this visit, because I cannot. My only warning is, I do recommend that you are in decent shape to tackle this facility. At 52 years of age, I have very good body strength, but I am not in great cardio shape. I found myself frequently "laboring" for air because of a combination of the altitude and lot of hill climbing to complete the course. If you are 40 and under and do not smoke, you should be fine. If you are over 40 and are a coach potato, do not bother. You will never make it.

If you are going to Jamaica, this is a "must do" stop. You will not be disappointed!

Visited August 2013

Mooringsport, Louisiana, United States
4 attraction reviews
“Great experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is a great place to take those who are in pretty good shape. You will have to walk about 1/2 mile just getting to each of the lines and you need to be able to climb a 45 foot pole in order to do the last 2 lines. I have to give credit to Orlando and the whole crew for their patience. I had to rest 3 times climbing up that pole and he was encouraging me the whole time, telling me to take my time and that I could do it. It was worth the effort. The drive up to the property was an adventure onto itself. The roads are very narrow and winding and you get a view of the real Jamaican lifestyle.

Visited August 2013
Orlando, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Very Impressed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We went to H'Evans Scent with Peat Taylor Tours. We loved the scenery on the ride up the mountain to the zipline. "This was not a tourist area." We were amazed by the kindness and patience of the owner and staff. They even served us a delicious guava punch in a coconut while we learned about the experience. Orlando and all the guides were so encouraging. They helped those in front of us who were really scared. This was our first experience ziplining and we loved it! (family of four, daughters 17 & 20) There was a variety of elements. Very fun! Thank you for a marvelous experience H'Evan Scent!!

Visited July 2013
Columbus Ohio
“H'Evans Scent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Great zip lines, each one unique. Love the "screamer". I would recommend this place and the jerk chicken is a must.....don't skip. We had a great time.

Visited July 2013
Dayton, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
“A fantastic trip - better for older kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I booked with H'Evan Scent on a last minute change of Itinerary from a cruse ship (booked on 6/18/13 for a 6/20/13 arrival date). We were not scheduled to stop in Jamaica but a tropical depression in Belize caused a rerouting and a change in ports mid cruise. Rather than wait in a huge line on the ship to book a shore excursion, I searched for things to do on the internet and found H'Evan Scent mostly by accident. The owner Derrick Evans was an absolute pleasure to work with. We were a group of 28 with ages ranging from 6 to 71 and he accommodated us with basically no notice.

We booked the combined zip lining and Dunn River Falls tour. Overall I'd highly recommend this excursion. But let me expand and tell you why I didn't rate it a 5. To be fair, had we had the time to research our options in Ocho Rios properly, we probably would have scheduled this differently taking 1/2 our group to the zip line and had the other 1/2 just do just the falls. For those in our group that were more adventurous and/or had zip lined before, the consensus was that this was the most exciting zip line tour anyone in our group had ever done. H'Evan Scent does a great job of making each of their 5 Zip lining experiences a different challenge. The highlight was a 1200 ft zip line that you have to climb a 50 ft pole to get to. While this was great for the brave in our group, but it was not suitable for the smaller kids and there were about 5 that bailed out and joined what we light-heartedly called the "Chicken Club" Out of our group of 28, 5 never intended to zip line, 11 were too small (I believe the weight limit was 110 Lbs) and 5 did only half the course because they "chickened out" on climbing the pole. That said, we all agreed that the 23 of us that did zip the first three lines thought they were great. We felt we got our moneys worth (the kids that were too small to do lines 4 & 5 were given the chance to do lines 1&2 twice).

We did get the Jerk Chicken lunch. it was delicious and worth doing, especially if coming off a ship and only spending the one day in Jamaica. We got one lunch for every two people and with all the small kids in our group, that was more than enough.

From there we went on to climb the Dunn River Falls. Our driver, Calvin, did an excellent job of helping to prepare us and escorted us through the "aggressive" tour guides and vendors that surround the falls. We were definitely glad to have him along as it would have been really annoying to deal with those guys without having a guide. I won't say much more about this as there are a lot of other reviews on what is good an bad about the Dunn Fall part of the trip.

If you have only young kids or are looking for a zip line "light" experience (say for those that are pushing your limits to get on a zip line at all), you might want to explore other options. If however, you have zipped before, and are looking to push your limits a bit, I definitely recommend H'Evan Scent. As others said, the drive up to the park is beautiful. I always felt safe (even on the one where you had to climb the pole, you are always tethered) and the staff is extremely nice. Derrick has a well run operation and is just generally fun to be around.

Visited June 2013