“Great experience!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Turtle River Falls and Gardens

Turtle River Falls and Gardens
Eden Bower Road | Ocho Rios, St. Ann's Bay, Jamaica (Formerly The Enchanted Garden)
876-974-5114
Clemmons, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Great experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My husband and I visited Turtle River Falls and Garden on our recent trip to Jamaica. We have been to Ocho Rios 7 times and decided to try some new things. I love to view waterfalls, gardens and birds so this sounded like my kind of place. We were not disappointed! We had a blast getting in the water at the falls and holding the birds in the aviary. Our tour guide was very nice and took many pictures of us along the tour. Also they have their own photographer that will take pictures of you as well. We bought the 50+ pictures they took for $25 which I think is very reasonable. And this place is not very crowded so you will get a more personal experience. Definitely worth visiting!

Visited July 2013

Folkestone, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
“A great relaxing visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

If you want a nice quiet afternoon,in lovely surroundings,this is a great place to spend it.Try and go late in the day as it can be hot,but well worth it.

Visited May 2013
Texas
12 attraction reviews
“Wonderful Afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great Experience. We had a guide as well as a photographer with us the entire time, we felt like celebrities =). Grounds are heavenly. Had always wanted to be a guest at the old Enchanted Gardens, but never got the chance. I now see why the place is so special. Several water falls, beautiful landscape grounds. Could spend an entire day. Guided tour and once that is over you have the option to remaining on property and enjoy the pool etc. Well worth the price, and really enjoyed our time there. Learned about many flowers, plants etc, very informative.

Visited May 2013
Fredericton, Canada
51 attraction reviews
“safe safe and fun fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Just back- 1 km. from cruise dock- walkable albeit uphill. Gorgeous property and totally worth the $20 admission as you have a guide and a guard who with you at all times. Really really nice and if you are like me, was looking for something safe to do.

Visited April 2013
Monterey, California, United States
“Go there. You won't regret it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

None of the excursions offered by the cruise line really interested me, but all the positive online reviews of Turtle River Falls persuaded me to try it. So two friends and I started to walk directly there from the port at Ocho Rios. A very nice uniformed man (tourist authority, I think he was) met us on a corner a block or so inland, and suggested we take a taxi, and found us a driver immediately who would take us for $5 apiece (each way). Since the taxi drivers at the dock were quoting a price of $50, we figured this was a bargain. He drove us up the hill, though the gates, and at the entrance building said he'd find someone to help us. Soon a young woman invited us into her sparse office, where she collected our $20 each and asked me to sign in on a sheet giving my name, how I got to the island, and where I heard about the facility.

Then our guide Jordan met us and took us up the trails beside the falls. We were followed by a photographer whose name I cannot remember (the optional photo CD at the end was $20). At one point we put on our water shoes and waded to a bench in the midst of the falls, and had our picture taken there. One friend and I are avid photographers, and Jordan let us take as much time as we needed. A couple of times along the way, he stepped off the trail to open a valve and let air out of the water pipes, and he told us in addition to being a guide, he's also the plumber!

After the falls, we went by the koi pond, where Jordan whistled and all the fish came over. Then it was the aviary, where the birds found my friend's wide-brimmed hat to be a convenient two-level condominium for feeding purposes. My other friend thought the bird feeding alone was worth the price of admission. After a quick hand-wash outside the aviary, we meandered back to the entrance building, where we waited for the photographer to burn our CD. Our taxi driver arrived to pick us up, and we went back to port.

Originally, we were told the tour would take about 45 minutes, but I asked the driver to come back in about an hour and a half instead, and we used up every minute of that and then some, and could have stayed longer. But we were getting hungry, and our driver was waiting, so we went off to Margaritaville for lunch.

Also, we bought bottles of water in one of the many shops at the port and took those with us. There isn't really a concession of any sort at the Falls and Gardens, so if you want to eat or drink, bring it along with you.

The facilities themselves are a little rustic around the edges, but the restrooms were clean and in perfect working order, the people were wonderfully friendly, and the natural beauty of the tropical rain forest and the falls (and the koi and the birds!) are unmatched.

After we left our ship back in Fort Lauderdale, we met up with some people who were waiting to board the next cruise on the same ship, and we told them about Turtle River Falls. I hope they find their way there!

Visited March 2013