“relaxing holidays in this beautiful resort - very nice staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali

Save Saved
You added Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali to your Saves list
Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Melasti | Banjar Kelod, Ungasan, Bali 80364, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
15% OFF FOR YOUR WEEKEND
Ranked #2 of 10 hotels in Ungasan
Zurich, Switzerland
“relaxing holidays in this beautiful resort - very nice staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We spent part of our honeymoon at this resort.

The welcome ceremony is very nice (they take a picture of you and you get some tee- the picture they will hand out to you once you leave). You can relax in the lobby while they are taking care of the registration. The villas are beautiful. So private and so much space!! We also had the Indonesian BBQ in our villa which was nice!

The spa treatments I can highly recommend. We had two massages, the second one we got 50% off. I think that was because they were not that busy so they offered this deal to us- we could not resist. We had many massages in many places but I would say this was one of the best. They just focus on so many little details. We felt very relaxed.

Another great experience was the Ju-Ma-Na restaurant. I would rather take a table inside since outside seemed to be very windy and once the sun goes down it gets quite dark. The food was one of the best we had! Seriously. They have an open kitchen so you can watch the cooks while they are cooking. They also have a really nice welcome ceremony once you arrive which includes washing your hands. I have never experienced that but thought it is again focusing on details. Food as I said is really of high standard and compared to European prices not expensive.

Staff in general was really genuinely nice. Also during the breakfast. I think on the last day they even wished us a safe journey back- I don’t remember that I have ever told them my name but somehow they must have known.

When you leave your villa for breakfast make sure to turn on the sign for the housekeeping. Then the cleaning will be done once you are back from breakfast. They have a really wide DVD selection and also many books in several languages available (English, Germany, Chinese). They also offer daytrips or snorkeling trips for a fee. Every day we received some fresh local fruits which was really nice since in Europe we usually don’t eat these kind of fruits. You also receive plenty of water for free.
Overall we had a really nice honeymoon at Ungasan. It is a rather private hotel so during the day we did not see many people. Also the main pool was rather empty. I think because most of the people stay in their own private villa.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Helmy_Shaukany, Manager at Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear viele_tipps
Thank you for the gracious comments.
We all here at Banyan Tree Ungasan truly appreciate it.

531 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

A great experience! My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Banyan Tree Ungasan.
THE ROOM
The layout of our sea view villa was both spacious and cozy. We spent a significant amount of time in the pool and bungalow area, but did take some time to enjoy the nice interior. The view wasn't spectacular, but the foliage was beautiful enough to remind us we were in a tropical paradise. The AC wasn't particularly cold which was a bit unpleasant. And there was a plate set out which was dirty.
THE SPA
The spa is a bit pricey and I felt the treatment was a bit disjointed, but I walked out of my treatment feeling totally relaxed and energized. My therapist had magically soft and smooth hands.
THE FOOD
As mentioned in my title, we booked a private cliff-side dinner which was lovely. The food was interesting and tasty. Then, when we were about 80% of the way thru my main course, it started raining. The server asked whether we wanted to move our dinner to the restaurant, which we agreed to. There, they promptly served new USD200 steak and lobster courses to make up for our unfinished dishes. Very generous service really made us feel like they valued our experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear edjakarta,
Thank you for taking the time to post comments of your recent stay here at Banyan Tree Ungasan. My sincere apologies for some of the shortfalls experienced - they have been thoroughly addressed.
With best regards,
Marlow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for five nights at the end of our honeymoon. The villa was incredibly luxurious with a huge bathroom and bed. It was amazing to be able to jump straight from you bedroom into your own private infinity pool. Having you food brought to you for in villa dining was also very special. I would recommend the Indonesian BBQ. The two restaurants were great and the cliff top dinning at Ju-ma-na was incredible. We were told when we arrived that the hotel was running at full capacity, although the facilities seem very under used, the gym and the private beach were virtually deserted and we had them pretty much to ourselves. The staff were charming always willing to go out of their way to help.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had a truly memorable stay at Banyan Tree Ungasan. We were also looking at many other properties in Bali beforehand, but ultimately decided to choose Banyan Tree, mainly because of our amazing experience at Banyan Tree Samui 2 years ago.

The Good:
First and foremost I have to point out the amazing staff. Everybody was so warm and welcoming and helped to make our stay truly special. In my opinion the staff are what makes the Banyan Tree experience that great. One member of the reception staff really stood out: Frita. I've rarely seen someone that dedicated to her job und that warm and welcoming. Her smile is somewhat contagious. She's a real gem and Banyan Tree is lucky to have her. Andi at reception was great as well. Also a big shoutout to all the Buggy drivers. Always with a smile on their faces, happy to chat with us and genuinely friendly. Great! We didn't see many of the housekeeping staff but they were very friendly and professional as well.
Secondly, the Villas. They are just gorgeous. We were very lucky to get exactly the Villa we wanted and - apart from the minor flaws - we enjoyed it a lot. The view is second to none.
The food is also really good, although we didn't have dinner at the resort but preferred to experience some local restaurants. Breakfast and lunch at the villa as well as at the pool bar were very good.
We loved the flexibility of the staff. When we learned that the Bambu restaurant was closed for a wedding at our last day on the island, the staff at reception quickly organized the HotPot dinner at our villa. Very well done.
The hotel grounds are immaculate. Gardeners everywhere, beautiful flowers and trees. Very well maintained, Kudos!

The Not-So-Good:
We had some minor flaws in the Villa, but they were taken care of immediately. I have to say though that Housekeeping should be able to recognize these issues before they are visible for the guest. A dirty floor is something that just shouldn't happen.
The terrace at Bambu Restaurant is beautiful, but the roofing construction is very noisy when it is a little windy. And I mean, really noisy. It shouldn't be hard to fix, but the staff seemed to be used to the noise. It didn't bother us enough to tell someone, but I'm sure there's an easy fix to that.
At three differrent occasions, dialing 0 didn't get me through to anyone and the phone rang for about 20-30 seconds. Guest services was quick to call me back and apologize. Not a big deal really.
We wish we would've known that the beach is not suited for swimming. I read so many reports and articles, but I must have missed that fact. Of course, the Hotel is not to blame for that at all.
At the beach there was some litter (plastic bottles etc.). The guy down there didn't really seem to care and did nothing to remove the items for the 2-3 hours we were there.
Spa prices are quite high, considering all the great value offers oustide the property. I was under the impression that Spa sales weren't that good as a Spa employee spoke to us after breakfast, offering a discount. We had a similar experience at BT Samui. Would have love to check out the Spa there, but the value just didn't seem to be very good.

Don’t get the impression that we didn't have an absolutely teriffic time at Banyan Tree Ungasan - we honestly did. It’s an amazing resort.

Room Tip: Go for the Pool Villa Cliff Edge Ocean View - it's worth it!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bandung, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

when I entered the Lobby area of the Resort, all staffs I met there greeted me and called me with my own name, and seemed they are very happy seeing me again. gee, it is really like coming back home and meet friends there.
i found the room was still clean and tidy and the jacuzzi was nice and could release your tensions after a long business meeting.
as usual, I love the Chinese foods served there in The Bambu restaurant for breakfast.
I really enjoyed the service and food there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Paulus K K,
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay here at Banyan Tree Ungasan Bali. We truly appreciate it. We are looking forward to welcoming you "home".
With very best regards,
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I was stayed at Sanctuary Garden Villa.. it was a stunning Villa with a large swimming pool.. the service also great.. the Jumana Restaurant has a great food quality and good ambiance overall I felt satisfied and willing to stay again in the next future

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Nice and spacious villa with breathtaking ocean view. Stayed there for two nights, got free upgraded from 1-bedroom to 2-bedrooms villa. Private pool and jacuzzi in villa.Internet is available and free. Beautiful beach also. Would visit there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com

Helmy_Shaukany, Manager at Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor member,

"Breathtaking Ocean View" Thank you very much for your gracious comments. We truly appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear your praises of our product, service and overall resort. Thank you once again.

Helmy Shaukany
The Management

Been to Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali? Share your experiences!