We spent part of our honeymoon at this resort.
The welcome ceremony is very nice (they take a picture of you and you get some tee- the picture they will hand out to you once you leave). You can relax in the lobby while they are taking care of the registration. The villas are beautiful. So private and so much space!! We also had the Indonesian BBQ in our villa which was nice!
The spa treatments I can highly recommend. We had two massages, the second one we got 50% off. I think that was because they were not that busy so they offered this deal to us- we could not resist. We had many massages in many places but I would say this was one of the best. They just focus on so many little details. We felt very relaxed.
Another great experience was the Ju-Ma-Na restaurant. I would rather take a table inside since outside seemed to be very windy and once the sun goes down it gets quite dark. The food was one of the best we had! Seriously. They have an open kitchen so you can watch the cooks while they are cooking. They also have a really nice welcome ceremony once you arrive which includes washing your hands. I have never experienced that but thought it is again focusing on details. Food as I said is really of high standard and compared to European prices not expensive.
Staff in general was really genuinely nice. Also during the breakfast. I think on the last day they even wished us a safe journey back- I don’t remember that I have ever told them my name but somehow they must have known.
When you leave your villa for breakfast make sure to turn on the sign for the housekeeping. Then the cleaning will be done once you are back from breakfast. They have a really wide DVD selection and also many books in several languages available (English, Germany, Chinese). They also offer daytrips or snorkeling trips for a fee. Every day we received some fresh local fruits which was really nice since in Europe we usually don’t eat these kind of fruits. You also receive plenty of water for free.
Overall we had a really nice honeymoon at Ungasan. It is a rather private hotel so during the day we did not see many people. Also the main pool was rather empty. I think because most of the people stay in their own private villa.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali Hotel Ungasan
- Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali Hotel
- Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set high on the cliffs near to the Uluwatu Temple, Banyan Tree Ungasan brings definitive fine cliff top living to the renowned beach island of Bali. An all-pool villa resort located at the southernmost point of Bali, Banyan Tree Ungasan offers one of the best unparalleled views of the Indian Ocean, complete with a level of comfort and privacy synonymous with the Banyan Tree brand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Splendia, Tingo, Amex, HotelsClick, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Otel, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.