The Banyan Tree has always been my choice of brand if i have to search for hotels in Asia, and finally got a chance to stay on the one in Ungasan Bali for the first time for a friends wedding.
The check in processes, since it was a group was quick and great, although does not resemblance an up market villa type kind of check in. Anyway, we were escorted to the room very quick, and that was great.
The villa was spacious, even the garden is larger than most of the villa i have stayed and visit in Bali, but then again, the plant selections is a bit dull, as if i am staying in one of the 80's villa. We were placed in room 128, which almost of the left wing of the villa, where we dont have any view at all, just a bunch of trees, and we dont feel like staying in a cliff front villa. The finishing is also very mediocre for a USD 700 worth of villa/night. The pool was dirty, and we didnt even swim in the villa at all due to this. The amenities in the bathroom are very little, and nothing to be taken home as a souvenir, while if you want to take home the pouch will cost you something like USD 20. Hmm... not for me.
The breakfast was great, selections was varies, but then again the feel of the restaurant is also a bit old, although they only open for 3 years if i am not mistaken.
Not so many great public area to be enjoyed, the main pool is a bit plain, and even the lobby felt as if it does not have any energy.
I think this is because the villa area is so vast, so they are lacking in concentrating which area needs to be boasted up or merely just left as it is, but for a customer paying quite an extra bucks for it, i think they should do it to extra to the maximum.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali Hotel
- Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali Hotel Ungasan
- Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set high on the cliffs near to the Uluwatu Temple, Banyan Tree Ungasan brings definitive fine cliff top living to the renowned beach island of Bali. An all-pool villa resort located at the southernmost point of Bali, Banyan Tree Ungasan offers one of the best unparalleled views of the Indian Ocean, complete with a level of comfort and privacy synonymous with the Banyan Tree brand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, Tablet Hotels, Otel, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Amex, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.