“Don't Worry, Just Book, You'll Love It!"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali

You added Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali to your Saves list
Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Melasti | Banjar Kelod, Ungasan, Bali 80364, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Ungasan
singapore
“Don't Worry, Just Book, You'll Love It!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Since I benefited from many reviews I will add my own. I stayed here fr 19-21 July 2012 and overall, it was a great experience that was blissful, relaxing and pleasurable in an unmatched way.It really depends on what you want out of your holiday.

It is not near Kuta area and not all taxi drivers know their way. The beach at Banyan is very beautiful, soft powdery white sand, beautiful endless ocean and sky, but it's small and you cannot do any activities there, except maybe host a wedding.

Still, it's one of the best resorts in Asia and staff try very hard to please. From Agus to Putu, to the bartender, spa and technical assistants, and buggies passing you, they are all extremely polite, nice and helpful in every way they can.

I stayed in both cliffside and ocean view, both are really fine. Of course, the highest category is always best in terms of louder ocean music, bigger night sky with stars, no roofs etc. But, the ocean view rooms are also luxurious and will still give you a very pleasurably relaxing time. On infrastructure, I dont think any resorts can beat Banyan Tree, a long deep pool, a big strong jacuzzi hot tub, a very spacious sala, and huge villa. I struggled too between a few resorts as to which would be best value for money, and based on infrastructure, I think Banyan Tree wins hands down. The villa is so self sufficient I am happy not to go out at all.

On food, my experience was very good, the prices are typical of 5-star hotels and room service was great. Naturally, food is subjective, I'm Asian and I was very happy with the mee goreng. They were thoughtful enough to provide me wth cut chillis in soy sauce on the side and a glass of water, even though I had earlier said no need. Breakfast was very good too, especially the french toast and waffles. To gripe, I wish the brewed coffee was more robust and aromatic and it's time they upgrade the coffee machine in the villas.

You have to be there in order to really understand the magnificence of the place. Words and pictures dont do it justice. I am very pleased and will stay there again. It's endless ocean, blue skies, gentle breezes and starry starry nights.

I agree with other reviewers that the doors take some effort its's not a big issue. As it's been some years, I wonder if they flip the mattresses regular. Its a damn good plush mattress, but as with all beds, over time the centre can sag a bit. If you keep the place clean, you don't have to worry about ants. It's really very well maintained.

So, don't worry, just book yourself a villa and enjoy and experience for yourself. I struggled with all the dffferent reviews for different resorts, and decided to give it a try. I am very happy with the choice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali and were bowled over when
we were upgraded to the Presidential Suite. It was over the top experience for us. The villa was the ultimate and the ocean view from the villa was stunning. The 25 m infinity pool, the jet pool, the billiard room and the personal gym were creature comforts. Our only regret was that our stay was too short.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I spent few days with my families in the hotel, the room and the view is excellent. The food is ok. The service is good although some minor problems, the staffs are helpful. There is a resturant called JuMaNa which located of the cliff edge, the food is very good, but they only serve the dinner, however, you can see almost nothing in the night, but the view is pretty good duirng the day. The only thing missing is the beach is too "raw". In conclusion, the experience is good.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

It's hard to rate the entire Banyan Tree property as a whole since there are different types of villas available. However, if you want a truly magnificent experience, go for the Cliff Edge Ocean View Villa. It comes at a steep price, but you'll rarely find a hotel room with a view that makes you go "wow". At least that's the case for me.

The f&b options are limited if you compare with the likes of Intercontinental or other major resorts in Bali. Luckily, the food is of good quality especially with Jumanu. I can't comment on consistency, but at least the meal we had that one night at Jumanu could easily be pitched against many one Michelin starred establishments around the world.

What really sets BT apart from other great hotels in Bali and throughout the world is not the hardware, but the service from the staff. Almost everyone we encountered remembered our names and genuinely cared about the comfort of our stay.

With an outstanding staff and killer views, it's hard to find another resort in Bali that can rival the experience we had.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

This hotel is very good place, very good view. Very clean and comfort. All staff very good work. All is very good. Romantic place for honeymooners.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

As a villa, when I first stepped into it, I saw lots of falling leafs/flowers in the pool. At night, I have to find all switches to turn all lights off. Wanna go some where, I have to call buggy. Went Fumana/Bambu for afternoon tea or dinner/lunch, I don't know where to call buggy to go back to room. I tried to follow the map to walk to Fumana, it always brought me to dead end because it has only one way from my room. The turtle club for kids is good, but it is so entry level if comparing to many other kids club. The main pool is actually too small, and the water is pretty cool. The same problem also happen to the pool in our villa. You should have some heater if your water is always so cold.

And, on the day for check-out, we stand outside for the arranged buggy to come by 12:15, and it was 30 minutes late. (this arrangement was made by you, not mine.) Fortunately my flight is on 15:30, I have plenty of time to wait for buggy.

It is really not a pleasant stay in your villa.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have come to Bali since 15 years and saw most major resorts. I came back the second time to the BT and really liked it even better. The service is much improved and the villa's are top notch with large size plunge pools and a jacuzzi. The restaurant/food choices are outstanding and the resort in general is amazing. Definitely come back soon again.

Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com

Been to Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali? Share your experiences!