“What a Special Place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Karma Kandara

You added Karma Kandara to your Saves list
Karma Kandara
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Villa Kandara, Banjar Wijaya Kusuma, Ungasan, Bali 80362, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Direct Booking Offer
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Ungasan
perth
“What a Special Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

My husband and I went to the resort on the last day of our week in Bali and were totally blown away by the beauty and fantastic design of the place. We only spent the afternoon there so I cant comment on the villas although they looked gorgeous from the outside. The view from the restaurant is to die for- right at the top of a moutain and you really can see for miles. We had a fantastic lunch- gorgeous food using top quality produce and the service was impecible. There is an amazing wine list and all drinks/ coctails are made with the best quality spirits you can find so definitely a step above average.The staff were all so accomodating and friendly and went out of their way to welcome us and make it a special afternoon. After lunch we went down to the private beach which is accessed using a cable car. Unlike the other beaches I saw in Bali, this one was pristine with beautifully clear water and perfect for swinning in. There were plenty of sun loungers available and lots of very attentive staff if you wanted drinks or towels. There is a trendy beach bar playing really chilled out groovy music which created a lovely ambiance. Although we ate upstairs, there was also food available from the bar too which also looked delicious.
We both had massages in the spa later in the afternoon which is again in a gorgeous location overlooking the sea and it was a totally relaxing experience. The sauna and jacuzzi we had afterwards was the perfect finish to the afternoon and once again I cant rave enough about the lovely vista!
Karma Kandara really is the perfect place for a special occasion and I honestly could not fault it in any way. Next time we visit, we will definitely stay for a couple of nights as well.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Karma_Kandara, General Manager at Karma Kandara, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Dear Paula, we appreciate you and your husband choosing Karma as your final Bali destination before returning home and are happy to hear about your overall positive experience with us. We really hope you are able to soon fulfill your wish to return and visit us for a few days. If you think the day trip was fantastic, wait till you stay at one of our villas!

Karma Resorts Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2010

it is not very often I am motivated to comment on service received or location of a resort but at karma Kandara they really do have it all. If you are lazing around by the pool, relaxing in your Villa or eating at their restaurants you will not be let down. The service is first class, the views are stunning and the food is excellent - nothing is too much trouble for their whole team. I can not say enough about this first class resort. I also visited Karma's other resort in Jimbaran and this is equally impressive.

Well done and thanks to all the karma staff again - I will come back.

Gavin May

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Thanks for taking the time to write, Gavin. It’s nice to know that we motivated you enough to do so! Since you enjoyed your time at both Karma Kandara and Jimbaran, be sure to check out our other Karma properties on your next travels. They are definitely on par! I’ve extended thanks to our staff on your behalf and they were very appreciative. Hope to see you on your return visit.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2010

Amazing resort with very helpful staff - nothing was too much trouble. Nearly everything you could possibly wish for was provided. Highly recommended for couples or groups as we were. I think it would be a slightly boring resort for young children as it is SO restful and peaceful!!
Highly recommended as a great place for some rest and relaxation.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

Loved the spacious villas, staff very helpful and friendly a little slow on the service for breakfast but it didn't matter as we enjoyed the view. Would definitely recommend, the view and setup is stunning. Woud like to see more indonesian food on the menu, as it's more european food and I will have like to experience more local food. Had a wonderful sports massage in the spa. I just felt as the resort is quite remote which I liked but got bored after staying for a week with only two choicesof restaurants. You need to advise guests about how to reserve a sunbed at Nammos as it can get busy with outside guests and I think inhouse guests need to be able to reserve an area, thanks.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
We are much obliged for your feedback. The three areas we offer food, Temple Lounge & Bar, Nammos Beach Club and Di Mare restaurant feature primarily Mediterranean and Moroccan inspired dishes. Perhaps on your next visit you can request a private in-villa BBQ dinner that could also include a few Indonesian dishes. Our in-house guests have priority use of the sun beds at Nammos. You may reserve one via our concierge. Thanks again.

sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2010

The outlook form the resort is absolutely world class , the villas are huge and perfect for our family of four in a three bedroom villa everyone has their space and much more cost effective then a hotel room

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Not only can our villas be less expensive for a family than a hotel room, but we also have a lot more to offer from spectacular sunsets to luxurious service to sublime cuisine! Thanks for the comments, Erroll and hope to see you again soon.

Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2009

I would just like to say how beautiful our stay was at Karma Kandara. I travelled to Bali with my husband and two children aged 9 and 7. We stayed in Seminyak and Nusa Dua and then went over to Karma Kandara for two nights. I wish I had stayed longer as it was totally amazing!! Working in the travel industry myself I used to sell this resort to travel agents and their clients. Unfortunately I never had the chance to go there, although I always recommended it as I had training on the resort and heard good reviews about it. I am so glad I went with my instinct and decided to try it out for myself!! If you are hesitating or if the price concerns you, I tell you now it is worth every cent spent!! Like past reviews, its obviously not your typical bali holiday. If you really appreciate Bali, the people, good food and service, the beautiful island that it is, and their warm hospitality, you must go there! Everything from our check in, general service, restaurants, nammos beach, day spa, check out etc... was 10/10. I can not fault anything. And oh, yes, their pizzas are to die for! I am from an Italian family and I had the best pizza I have ever had at Nammos Beach in Bali! I could go on forever about the views, spectacular, but everybody knows that! If you ever do see a bad reveiw about the resort - don't take in other peoples bad reveiws and do go and experience it for yourself! Because I had read a couple of bad reviews and had second thoughts. I still decided to go there and I am sure glad I did!. It just says alot for the people that do have bad experiences, or are having a bad day that seem to spoil it for other people. The resort also caters for families with children. Although there were not alot of families around, as it was so peaceful, they would always have the time and patience for our children.

Thank you Jorge, the resort definately met my expectations. I will continue to recommend this hotel to anybody that wants an awesome holiday and is looking for that something special.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
We are glad you were finally able to sample the wares you’ve been peddling to travel agents and clients! And we are very appreciative of the fact that you decided to stay with us despite some negative reviews you might have seen, which obviously goes to show that you can’t always believe what you read. What we offer is most definitely not your ‘typical Bali holiday’ as you’ve personally experienced, Lusun, and we hope that can return soon for another 10 out of 10 experience, including the best pizza you’ve ever had at Nammos!

Esperance WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

My wife and I recently stayed at the Karma Kandara and wish to tell you how we feel about this magnificent Resort.

Being involved in tourism ourselves, we are very critical when it comes to an industry we understand and have high expectations when spending our tourism dollars.
From being collected at the airport with VIP escort, arriving at the Resort through to unbelievable views of the DiMare restaurant and the great Nammos Beach Club at the foot of the cliff, you feel and are treated like you have spent a 'little bit more' on this holiday,
We have no problem in spending money when in return you receive exceptional quality and service and the 'Karma' certainly delivers this.

The Villa we stayed in had a separate pavillion for sleeping and an entertainment pavillion with fantastic sound system which enabled you to relax in your own courtyard with a private plunge pool, listening to your own mix of music on your Ipod. There was also complimentary Foxtel on a flat screen plasma and also free WiFi access for emails etc.

The food was more a mixture of Mediterranean influence and although a little expensive for Bali prices, we left each meal thoroughly satisfied (we are replicating some of the pizza topping combinations available at Nammos now at home!).
For something special we recommend the Spa treatment with some incredible views and the cooking tour from the Resort.

Please understand that this is not your typical budget type Bali holiday destination, if you want that find somewhere else, but be prepared to have a special holiday you will have fond memories of.

We frequently travel to Bali and have stayed in numerous hotels/ resorts in all different areas of the island (Sanur, Ubud, Seminyak, Nusa Dua etc) and by the time we are ready to return home after our holiday, we feel "Bali'ed out". Upon returning home after this holiday, we have fallen in love with the island once again!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
We are always flattered to hear from other professional members of the industry who have a fantastic time at our properties as it shows that we are on the right track! Nice to hear that you were taken care of from stepping off the plane to being whisked to the vistas of Di mare and your private luxury villa at Karma. It means a lot to us that your experience has rekindled your love affair with the island of The Gods and we hope that we can spark up this romance once again on your next visit with us.

Karma Resorts Management

Been to Karma Kandara? Share your experiences!