My daughter got married here. Several dozen friends/relatives stayed in the villas for a few days surrounding the wedding. Aside from the beautiful beach, which is the reason my daughter chose it, there is little to recommend this place. The villas as a whole and each room within the villas are a bit cramped and offer fewer amenities than comparable places. It is overpriced. The restaurant is likewise overpriced and limited in selection. The location is far from anything, with a drive of 30 minutes to get to Jimbaran. The staff (including and/or especially the manager) had not the slightest interest in working out problems that we encountered upon arrival. For example, one villa that we booked online as a 4-bedroom turned out to only have 3 real rooms plus a portion that could be separated with fold-out walls/screens, but with no shower. This might be fine for a family but it wasn't for the 4 couples who did not know each other who were designated to sleep here. The manager's response was, "Didn't someone tell you when you booked that it wasn't really a 4-bedroom?" Of course not. We booked online, and the only info that the online sites have is whatever info the hotel supplies. In another 4-bedroom villa, the downstairs rooms were unusable because of mold and mildew. No help whatsoever from the manager. So we had to make do. I'm a patient guy and never raise my voice over anything, but left with the impression that the manager shouldn't be managing anything, especially not this hotel. The people who were friendly and helpful were the groundskeepers. If they ran the place, I'm certain I would have enjoyed it more. By the way, my daughter's wedding was fantastic down on the beach. Our Bali-based wedding planner told us his company was in a constant struggle with Karma management and basically the wedding turned out great in spite of the hotel. Would I stay here again? No.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Karma Kandara 5 Star resort villas epitomize Bali's exclusive private pool villa experience. Globally renowned as the place to be on 'Billionaire's Row', Luxury Karma Kandara Resort is an ideal destination for friends, family and incentive group gatherings. Discover captivating views, world-class dining and Karma Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Karma Kandara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karma Kandara Hotel Ungasan
- Karma Kandara Hotel Denpasar
- Karma Kandara Denpasar
- Karma Kandara Bali/Ungasan