“Magic” 5 of 5 stars

5927 Arthur Highway, Taranna, Tasmania 7180, Australia   |
Melbourne
“Magic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

I stayed at Mussel Boys with my partner in Jan this year for his 30th Birthday. I took a punt on the accommodation as i didn't know anyone who had stayed there.

It was truly such a romantic wonderful place. It was so private, and had everything we needed at our fingertips.
Everything was very clean and the decor was very modern. The kitchen is self contained and has saucepans and cutlery/everything you need to cook.

Milk was in the fridge for use in the morning, the only thing i would say to bring is some oil or butter to cook with. There wasn't anything and because we only stayed one night, i didn't have any.

The king sized bed was extremely comfortable with lovely sheets and pillows. The room was also very large and open, with a couch and Tv - also a spa.

I would definitely recommend this accommodation to my friends and i will def be returning next time i go to Tasmania.

Thanks!!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

The cottages/cabins don't look much from the outside but they are very trendy and modern inside with good quality fixtures and fittings and a lovely king sized bed with a spa bath in the bedroom area, rather than in the bathroom. It had everything we needed, and we enjoyed our stay, but it was disappointing to find the whole kitchen and it's contents were not clean. I had to wash the pots, pans, cutlery and glasses (and in the case of the frying pan, scrub it) before I felt I could use it. I would recommend it to others but check the cleanliness as soon as you check in so you can speak to the manager if it's not OK.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Mussel Boys? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Mussel Boys

Address: 5927 Arthur Highway, Taranna, Tasmania 7180, Australia
Location: Australia > Tasmania > Taranna
Ranked #4 of 4 Specialty Lodging in Taranna
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your The Mussel Boys reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Mussel Boys Tasmania/Taranna, Australia

If you own or manage The Mussel Boys, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.