“A great day.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Phuket Thai Cookery School

Phuket Thai Cookery School
39/4 Thepatan Rd | Rasada, Phuket Town, Phuket 83000, Thailand, Phuket Town, Phuket 83000, Thailand
+66 76 252 354
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Phuket Thai Cookery School is definitely the one and only place in phuket island that offers you a haven of peace and serenity away from hustle of the city. Nestled in a prestine beach paradise on Siray beach, Phuket Thai Cookery School allows you comfort and serenity while cooking favorite Thai dishes and enjoying your home made delicious meal. At the Phuket Thai Cookery School, you will feel relaxed by the beautiful natural surroundings from crystal clear water to the panoramic ocean view that is just a stone throw from your kitchen. You can walk off your food along the beach or lay down on our soft cushions and pillows provided on our wooden sundeck in your siesta break.
Cardiff, South Wales
3 attraction reviews
“A great day.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

A very good day. I was concerned at first by the number of people on the course (19), but credit to the organisers, and the actual layout of the venue which facilitated such a number.

The day was fun, relaxed and hands on. Gave us enough knowledge to have more confidence with some Thai dishes.

Visited January 2013

Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“I feel like a Thai master chef now!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

I did the Friday class which consisted of making chicken in coconut milk soup, green curry, pad Thai, papaya salad and sticky rice. We headed to the markets with our guide and got to sample many local delights before going to the school. It was beautiful walking in and witnessing our cooking stations with an amazing beach backdrop. The chefs were amazing. Humorous and knowledgable. After showing us how to create our dish, we then headed to our station and proceeded to remember to how cook the dish. But between the two of us, we had a helper chef reminding us what to do. We then ate what we cooked and then repeated this process another 4 times. I was absolutely stuffed after the day and didn't have dinner that night. The food we cooked was so delicious and it was great that we got a recipe card for each dish we cooked with the option of buying other recipe cards for dishes cooked on other days.

A must do experience!!

Perth, Australia
5 attraction reviews
“Was not disappointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Firstly, ignore that review by melinda7, I read it before going and did give me a niggling doubt, the amount of good reviews on the school though meant I still booked.
It was fantastic, great teachers, a good injection of humour and I actually cooked some thai food that tasted great. I went with my daughter and we learnt a lot and had a really enjoyable day in such a lovely setting. Everything was very clean, including the toilets Melinda7!!! The only thing that turned my daughters stomach was some the sights and smells at the morning market (in the seafood section) before we got to the school. It's all part of the thai experience though and added to the days experience.
I have the menus from today, the real test is can I reproduce it at home, I hope so as it all tasted so good, sweet, sour, salty and spicy (you can manage the chilli heat in what u cook)... Gladly recommend this experience to others.

“Great food, view and teachers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

We did the Friday 4 Jan class and had a great time!

We learnt how to make 5 dishes - eachof which they helped us to make a 100% vegetarian version of!

Each of the dishes we made tasted great ( you eat what you cook so go hungry!) and we learnt techniques and about ingredients in such a way as to help us replicate the dishes at home. In fact the teachers kept pointing out substitutes we could use if ingredients were not available in our home countries.

The teachers English was impeccable, and they all were cracking jokes and always smiling! A big thank you to James, Get and Ben!

The kitchens were very clean and overlooked the ocean (not an amazing view but there is something very relaxing about cooking to the sounds of the waves)

The only down side for us was the drive there. They picked us up from Karon on time but then took us backwards to get to the class so we could pick up others. On the way to the class the drive was 90min but the way home only 40! Perhaps a driver didn't show in the morning?

All in all a great day and highly recommend.

marseille
“You can do better...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I booked through Expedia which just listed a "cooking class" so I bought it. Even though I paid online we had to pay extra when we got there, which we were not aware of.

We were staying at the Indigo Pearl which had an AMAZING cooking class. We made the best Thai food I've had in my life. My boyfriend and I are cooks so we have high standards.

The Cookery School... Food was bland. Most of the "students" talked over the instructor, the bathrooms are extremely dirty, so I have no idea what the kitchen is like. Gross. Also after the class I had stomach problems all night. BEWARE of this place. Very very dirty. :( nice people, and good view. But don't eat anything from the kitchen.