“Unbelievable Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: After 12 years designing and developing one of the World's most highly awarded Ecotourism companies, John "Caveman" Gray goes his own way by forming "John Gray's SeaCanoe" with 18 of his most loyal and experienced guides. "After 12 years in Phuket, the experiment ran its course and I was packing for Polynesia," says Gray, "but when all these guides showed up, I had no choice but to stay and do another start-up."
New York
3 attraction reviews
“Unbelievable Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Everything about this tour was so scenic. The staff was friendly, the food was great and the caves were unreal. This is a must for anyone visiting Phuket.

Visited May 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
“Highlight of our trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

4 of us went on this amazing sea canoe trip -Hong by starlight. Initially the price stings a bit but when you're out there it all becomes worth it. The food was also very good. Staff were friendly and helpful. I've uploaded some footage of the canoe trip on youtube:

Visited September 2012
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
10 attraction reviews
“There is nothing else like this anywhere!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Do not hesitate to go on this trip!!! For the money you get all your transportation, more food than you could ever eat, an excellent guide, group kratong session and the offering ceremony using them and a lifetime of memories!!!! Thanks!!!!

Visited October 2012
Brisbane
11 attraction reviews
“You MUST do this tour if you are in Phuket!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My parents and I did this tour when we were in Phuket and I must say that it was the absolute highlight of my trip. The food was the very best food I ate on the entire trip to Thailand. In fact, it may have been the best food I have ever eaten. The last trip to light our candle floats we made was positively magical and the staff were a pleasure to spend the day with.

I would encourage anyone to do this tour and it seems it would be suitable for all ages. There were small children right through to grandmas and grandpas on our tour. It's a late start too so you can have a sleep in which is nice while you are on holidays.

The staff were very knowledgeable about the area and had informative answers for everyone's questions. If there is only 1 tour you do in Thailand, do yourself a favour and make sure it is this one.

Visited August 2012
Singapore, Singapore
20 attraction reviews
“Amazing nature experience, food cooked on the boat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Bring your iron stomach, matey! John Gray's sea canoe is an amazing nature experience with yummy but questionable cuisine.

Free pickup from hotel. We were dropped at an awfu(lly dirty) shack by the ocean to sit and wait for the stragglers. It was 20 minutes of the kids asking for this and that--hungry for the promised thai lunch but faced with chips, ice cream etc. Finally got on the boat and were served lunch. A few platters everyone dove into and finished. Last one it=no food! To be fair, they didn't say it was a light lunch.

They explained about the canoeing and caves. It was truly amazing. I wish the guide had explained more on the boat. It's one thing to be awestruck, it's another to have learned a great deal.

Coffee/tea break back on the boat was fun.

More canoeing and this time a swim in the ocean, too. Chance to paddle on your own without guide.

Seafood dinner on boat, more food this time. Separate food for vegetarians (us) but meat eaters dove into in even though the crew asked them not too. Seriously, can't I have one small platter of veggies to eat? I took extra time trying to feed my kids, by the time I got up there the carnivores had nearly demolished my little tray. :)

Next we did the Thai offering in the darkness from the canoe. Lovely!

Long boat ride back, long van ride back. Kids slept. Lots of time to reflect on the beauty.

Visited October 2012