“Bad food - vomited 3 times in the night” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #689 of 889 Restaurants in Phuket Town
Cuisines: Thai
Schnaittach, Germany
“Bad food - vomited 3 times in the night”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Unfortunately we read a good review in the Stefan Loose guidebook that this restaurant
would be good and inexpensive. So we decided to go there during our stay in the Thai Palace
Resort. We ordered fish in coconut milk which tasted sour and shrimps in coconut milk which
tasted also not good.
Furthermore I ordered a fresh coconut which smelled also not so "fresh". But we were
very thirsty and hungry and ate this food...
I had to suffer that during the night. I vomited three times.
My husband not but he didn't drink the "fresh" coconut and ate less of the shrimps...
Only the waitresses were very friendly and fast...
If you want REALLY good food in Rawai you should go to "Nikitas" restaurant which is beside
Sala Loi. I wrote also a review for Nikitas (but only in German). I think that a lot of restaurants
in Thailand have hygiene problems. I have seen Thai people which didn't wash their
hands with soap (only with water) after toilette. Somebody who lives more than 15 years
in Thailand told me that this is common and that they don't wash the vegetable before cooking it (he leads a restaurant but forces his staff to take care of it), too.
He told me also that "crushed ice" (which they use for fruit shakes) is very dangerous because some of the Thais use not clean drinking water for preperation of their ice. Also the Thailand label "Clean Food - Good Taste" doesn't give you security. A few years ago we ate in such a restaurant and I vomited, too....Despite of the fact I love Thailand and their food IF it is clean and good...

• Visited February 2012