“James Bond and Beyond Tour” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Phuket Adventures - Private Tours

Phuket Adventures - Private Tours
100/24 Moo 5, Chalaemprakiat Rama 9 Rd | Rasada, Phuket Town, Phuket 83000, Thailand
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #141 of 236 Activities in Phuket Town
3.5 of 5 stars 60 Reviews
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Phuket Adventures Co., Ltd. organizes high quality speed boat excursions to the Phi Phi Islands, Phang Nga Bay (incl. James Bond Island), the Similan Islands, Krabi, Tachai Island and many more destinations in the Andaman Sea. We own a fleet of 12 boats, ranging from 2-engine 15 seats to 3-engine 35 seat capacity. All our boats are equipped with ultra-modern 4-stroke engines because we believe that protecting and safeguarding the environment is the only way to survive.
Melbourne, Australia
5 attraction reviews
“James Bond and Beyond Tour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Our tour was quite good compared to some of the other reviews I have read here. Our tour guide, Mack, was very friendly and humourous and did his best to be helpful and accommodating. We positioned ourselves at the front of the boat and were lucky to have other friendly tourists sit with us. We did a similar tour 14 years ago and had an idea of what to expect. However, I was overwhelmed with the popularity of James Bond Island. Our boat pulled in on the other side of the small island and therefore had to trek up and down a narrow staired pathway. Many tourists stop mid way to take photos and hold up the traffic flow. By the time you get to the other side, you almost have to make your way back. The stalls holders are pushy and quite rude. I had to use the toilet whilst I was here and it was very primitive and dark inside. Avoid if you can!

The caving was ok, but I would not recommend if you have any difficulties climbing or are claustrophobic. The sea canoeing is interesting but be prepared to tip your guide at the end. The set lunch at Panyee Village was ordinary. Being a non-seafood eater, the choice was limited. We wandered a little bit through the stalls, but the humidity was stifling and unpleasant. Our last stop was to an island for swimming and recreation, unfortunately our guide realised halfway there that 2 of our passengers were left behind at the fishing village. We had to stop while he radioed back to another boat to pick them up. They did rejoin our tour and all was ok - but it does highlight that you need to be back to the boat at the designated time.

When we did reach the swimming location, I was disappointed. The water was dirty and grey. Not the beautiful colour I was expecting. There was a bar selling drinks, but it was a primitive setup.

The trip was quick and we returned on schedule. The crew were great and skillful. As we pulled in to port there was an expectation to put a tip in for the crew. All in all it was a great but tiring day.

Visited April 2014

Bucharest
“Terrible day”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We booked (me and my wife) a trip to James Bond Island with Phuket Adventures (begining of Feb 2014). Very bad choice! It went from unpleasant to really frightening.

1. When we reached J B island, the speedboat got broken due to inexperienced "captain" - the boat hit a rock and one of the engines got broken

2. A long tail boat came after us to take us to the floating village => serious shower for almost all the passengers (very bad for your camera/ phone if you don't have a plastic bag)

3. Floating village - interesting but very dirty; a long waiting time for the new speedboat to arrive - finally, the boat arrived; the next stop - canoe = nothing special

4. Because it was very late, the guide told us we should return in Phuket (around 3 pm); After less than 10min, the new boat got stuck on a sand bank. At first it was funny to see all sort of marine creatures on the sand but then we realized that we had no water on board. The guide did not take the water from the broken speedboat. Until 6pm we stayed there without drinking water although the sun was very hot. At 6 pm, the guide told us that another boat is going to take us to Phuket but we have to move on another sand bank. That was the moment when we realized there was only one life vest on board! Although it was very hard to convince the people that don't know how to swim, in the end we decided to go. We managed to move on another sand bank and in the same time, a small boat (max 4 places and we were more than 30) from the floating village came to bring us some water. The small boat left us there waiting for the speedboat. but... the water started to raise very fast... I remembered from the previous trip that the tide was high (4m between tides). Everyone was screaming at the guide and in the end we decided to return on the boat... At 7 pm another speedboat arrived. Surprise! The broken speedboat... It was already dark!!! The guide told us to switch the boat once again. We did so!

5. Open sea trip = the nightmare - It was very, very dark and we started our 1h trip back to Phuket island. The sea was very rough and everybody was worried because even on this boat they did not have enough life vests for everybody. After 1h of sailing on big waves, everybody has started to yell! We asked the guide what's happening?? Why we are not able to see the island. She gave us no answer! At 9 pm we started to tell her to call the emergency number but she refused to do so. Actually, a couple of Japanese that we took in the morning from a small island were insisting for the captain to take them back to the same island. Surprise - THEY HAD NO GPS!!!! WE WERE LOST AT SEA in the middle of the night!!!! We start calling the emergency number but we did not manage! After desperate tries, we managed to reach police but almost impossible to hear something because of the terrible noise. Although we managed to have the Geo. coordinates, the "captain" did not want to stop the boat for the coast guard to reach us!!! In the end we convinced the captain to use the GPS from the phone of one passenger. Another 1h and a half of wandering the sea and finally we reached the small island where the 2 Japanese were accommodated. Although it was very hard to convince everybody, we continued the terrible trip to Phuket and we managed to reach the port at almost midnight. A live band was waiting for us and all the employees that were present tried to calm us by offering some presents. I called the police and I requested them to refund the trip. In the end we managed to get our money back but we would have payed 100 times more not to experience something like that!!!

STAY AWAY FROM PHUKET ADVENTURES!!!

Visited February 2014
Phuket, Thailand
“Never ever use their service again - racial discrimination”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

I used their service to phi-phi island on March 12. The speed boat was super crowed though the travel agent promised us they add guests only upto 50% of overall capacity of the boat. More to that the guide is biased with color of the people. After the last stop I went to sit at the front of the boat, the leader/guide (his name sounded like prone) came directly to me and told its too heavy and I should move inside the boat, I questioned why didn't he ask anyone else. He said, they have swapped with others already, I know for the fact the most of them (all white people) was sitting at the front of the boat for most of the trip. I told him I ain't going inside as I felt insulted and hurt the way he asked. However my act appeared childish so I didn't feel like sitting at front and went in. I don't recommend their service to anyone and never ever will use their service again.

Visited March 2014
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Phi Phi Island by speedboat -GREAT DAY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Booked on Thursday, went on Friday. We have absolutely no idea what all the complaining and moaning is all about.

Collected and returned to hotel, great reception at harbour location, staff were polite and courteous, speed boats were perfect, tour guide and staff were attentive and amusing.

A full day visiting numerous islands with a generous lunch, left the harbour at 9.00 ish and returned at just after 5.00.

Yes, there were many other boats and lots of other tourists at all locations we visited but what do you expect when this is one of the most popular attractions in Phuket.

Would highly recommend to others.

Visited March 2014
Paris, France
4 attraction reviews
“Just OK and they "remind you" about tips non stop”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

The trip was pretty much ok. The boat was nice and fast, but in pretty bad shape - mostly cosmetic problems from what I could see. The boat was overcrowded and we were forced to sit out in the front in the sun all day. It was nice for a whole but then too hot and too windy. There was no possibility to move inside because it was full. On the James Bond Island trip, we ft quite rushed throughout the whole day. Each stop we had about 30-45 minutes maximum. First stop was a canoe trip led by a guide through caverns along a beautiful island. The canoe trip was about 20 minutes and so beautiful. What absolutely ruined this however was the guide who tapped me on the shoulder every 1-2 minutes to tell me about the tip and how much money he wanted. "Don't forget me baby. Tip tip tip. Baby baby tip tip tip". This actually spoiled most of the nice experience. Lunch was ok but then we had to wait 40 minutes at a floating market selling junk before going to the next stop which was James Bond Island. It was really beautiful and fun to see. But it was so so so crowded you could hardly walk around. We stopped for 25 minutes. Next stop was a cave with stalagmites and stalactites. We were supposed to each have a helmet and flashlight but there were not enough of either. Then my flash light didn't work. But the cave was really fun and interesting. By 3pm, there were no more bottles of water available on board. Next stop was a beach where we stayed for about 50 minutes before the ride back. Just before arriving back, we were told we should leave a tip and the guide told us the amount we should leave, which I found quite tasteless.
The day was a good experience overall and we don't regret it, however after this first one, we did cancel the second tour to Phi Phi island that was planned for two days later.