“OK, but not great” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 195 activities in Phuket Town
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Sea Fun Divers - Scuba Diving Phuket. Phuket PADI 5* Career Development Centers in Kata, Karon, Patong Beaches. We run our own Daytrip Diving boat we are not diving agent like many companies. We have Direct access to beach diving for refreshers, training and night dives. The best facilities. A 50m x 70m pool, new equipment, latest PADI materials, Nitrox. 5 PADI Course Directors teaching all PADI Pro courses. A superior dive boat diving Phi Phi, Racha Noi/Yai and Shark Point. A genuine commitment to personal service.Learning diving with Sea Fun Divers means access to best training facilities in Phuket.Our own day trip boat takes a maximum of 25 guests, despite the space would allow many more, to ensure fun and enjoyable day diving.Sea Fun Divers offer a selection of Livebaord options for diving Similan Islands and Richelieu Rock
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
27 attraction reviews
“OK, but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I did a one day dive trip with SFD, out of Phuket to Shark Point, the shipwreck, and one other dive. The boat was nice, the food was good. My last dive before this one however, had been almost two years ago. I was quite nervous during the first two minutes. Later on, another dive school told me they should have let me done a scuba review dive first. I understand this is partially my own responsibility, but I was never pointed to this possibility.

Also, the shipwreck dive was not performed according to what we had discussed prior to the dive. I was a bit dissapointed that we only hovered over half of the ship, instead of going next to it and actually seeing the ship structure very well.

All in all this is not a bad outfit, but I have seen better.

Visited October 2012
SeaFunDivers, General Manager at Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for your honest review, unfortunately without the exact date and your name it is difficult to track the facts.

However we always ask our customer about their diving experience and we suggest to do scuba reviews to those with only few dives logged and non diving since long. I should see your details to understand why a scuba review wasn't suggested, in example if you hold a dive master certification and have logged more then 200 dive despite last dive was two years earlier we don't ask for a scuba review. However you will probbaly remember that during your Open Water course has been told to do an introductory dive or a scuba review if you haven't dive for more then six months . many times we have suggested scuba review, that are not free of charge, and customer refused to do it.

about the dive profile there isn't much i can say, may be the guide saw you were nervous and so decided to stay more conservative and I don't see anything wrong in this or change he dive profile according to actual dive condition.

Thank you for your support and hoe to see you again diving in Phuket

Paris, France
20 attraction reviews
“SIMPLY PERFECT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

a great team of people who take you to fantastic spots for diving, who take care of you from A to Z; professionals, but also great fun to be with; a French/Thai atmosphere (wonderful Boris), but multilingual; great equipment, good food on board; up to three dives a day. A videophotographer (David, the Italian) who is also a great diver, does excellent filming under water and edits a 25 minute DVD as soon as he is back on board of YOUR dive.
No doubt one of the best diving weeks (team, location, fauna and flora to see) so far for us!

Visited November 2012
SeaFunDivers, General Manager at Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you very much for support and great feedback that has been passed to all the team.

We are glad to hear we can make the difference during your holidays and hope to see you again

We wish you all the best
Perth, Australia
“VERY PROFESSIONAL WITH A HIGH STANDARD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

It was great to be able to pre-book everything online before arriving in Phuket, as we arrived on a late flight the evening before the dive. Everything ran perfectly, with a beautiful relaxing boat trip out to the dive sites and a very courteous dive master Mr P, who delighted in showing us the marine life, whilst still taking care of the nervous divers and looking after everyone's needs with the equipment.
We were very impressed with the overall standard of everything and after touring around Krabi and Phi Phi, we came back for a further dive trip on our last day.
Looking forward to further dives with Sea Fun Divers next year!

Visited October 2012
SeaFunDivers, General Manager at Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Fiona,

Thank you very much for your support and feedback, I have passed to Pae and all the Team

We wish you all best and look forward to meeting you again next year
11 attraction reviews
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

What an experience. From the moment I first made contact via email until we left the resort on Saturday, Sea Fun Divers were fantastic. I decided to complete the open water course doing it 1 on 1. On arrival into the shop on Saturday 13 October, I felt welcomed by my Instructor Mikael Tärnström. I completed the review followed by the confined dive and was ready to go. My first open water dive was great. I experienced diving with black tip reef sharks at Koh Phi Phi on the Sunday. My next day in the water was Tuesday out at Koh Raya Yai Island and my wife joined me for the day. Prior to my last dive I did the swim test and tread water and showed them all the Aussie way of getting into the water, a good ole BOMB.
I went to the shop most days for a good chat as well purchased fins, mask, snorkel, some shirts a fish chart and a dive computer.
I wish to thank my Instructor Mikael "Obi Wan" Tärnström who taught this young Luke the enjoyment of experiencing the under water world. I will be back.

Visited October 2012
SeaFunDivers, General Manager at Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you very much for your support and I have passed to your instructor the great feedback.

It is always good to have new enthusiastic divers and we are proud to make our new divers feeling special.

Look forward to see you soon diving with us again
San Carlos de Bariloche, Argentina
“PADI open water certified!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I had the opportunity to dive with SFD during my one week break in Phuket in August 2012. I contacted them at least 8 weeks before arrival since I was taking the e-learning class for open water PADI certification. since my first contact they were very kind and supportive willing to answer any questions related to the class. I stayed at the Kathatani resort that is walking distance from SFD. they book me for 2 different days, monday and tuesday. they actually put me on monday in a different boat that in my opinion was just too crowded. still a perfect diving day but too many people in my opinion. the second day was using their own boat and it was amazing! 6-7 divers only. their own boat is ver confortable and served nice food. I liked it better. I had 1:1 class and the instructors are very professional. I would strongly recommend it to anyone trying to get a perfect diving day. btw, they were sharp on the pick up time. the transportation was also first class !!! will dive with them again next time in Phuket!

Visited August 2012
SeaFunDivers, General Manager at Sea Fun Divers - Day Trips, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for your support and review, we very appreciated your comparison between teh two boats and we are sorry that on Monday and Friday our boat dives location that are best for certified divers but don't suit courses for beginner.

Once again thank you for your understanding and hope you will enjoy diving around the world as a certified diver and also to see you again here in Phuket