“This restaurant is well-recommended. Can't believe of the bad reviews” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Phong Phang Restaurant

Phong Phang Restaurant
22/2 Moo 3, Soi Parlai, Chaofa Road | Chalong, Phuket Town, Phuket 83000, Thailand
(66) 076.282.270
Improve this listing
Ranked #686 of 888 Restaurants in Phuket Town
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Kuala Lumpur
“This restaurant is well-recommended. Can't believe of the bad reviews”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We booked our one day tour to the Phuket town visit with a local travel agency and lunch was part of the package in our trip. We were brought to this restaurant for lunch and this restaurant is located at the beach and with a scenic view. We had our bet Thai food in this restaurant and yes, they serve very good quality Thai food. We were served with Thai tom yam seafood soup, fish fillet cooked in thai style, fried vege in Thai style and squids cooked in Thai chili paste. I have been to various parts of Thailand and tasted the food there, but this restaurant serves excellent Thai food. The portion is abit small, however, it is sufficient for both of us. The interesting part of this restaurant is one of the friendly host named Uncle Lin or his Thai name, Sabta. He is a Thai-chinese and he was extremely friendly to us throughout our lunch. We received a great customer service from him. Overall, this restaurant is definitely highly recommended.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Thai first
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“Surprised by the bad reviews, we had a great time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Our driver bought us to this restaurant after asking him to take us somewhere pleasant to eat. Yes the bathrooms/toliets are pretty dire but many are in thailand. The view is outstanding, its worth visiting just for a drink to soak up the wonderful scenery. The waitresses were a little slow especially when we wanted to pay...it took them a while to see to us and to clear the plates. It didnt cost too much either...however the 5 of us all had noodles/rice with chicken, beef or pork. We didnt have any seafood. The food wasnt mind blowing but it was pretty yummy.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Potomac, Maryland, USA
“Bad restaurant - Cheated on the size of the dishes - M smaller than S and charged more than twice”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Our driver took us here for lunch. They had S (90 Baht), M (200 Baht) and L (280 Baht) size dishes. We asked what's the difference, waitress said S is for 1 person, M for 2-3 persons.
I ordered a S size fried noodles with shrimps and a soft shell crab (supposely 2 crabs cut in small pieces) and my husband ordered a M size fried noodles with seafood. He thought he would share his dish with me and I would share the fried soft shell crabs with him. When the dishes came, the soft shell crab dish was tiny. My husband M size dish is about the same size as my S size noodles (maybe even a bit smaller). My husband had to eat some of mine b/c he was still hungry and I dared not eat any of his M dish. I pointed it out to them, and they kept saying that his dish is M size and charged me more than twice my S size dish. A REAL Reap off! Whatever you do, do NOT order a Medium or Large size dish here.Soft shell crabs were dried and very salty too. I do not recommend this place. Our friend complained that the fried rice was tasteless and dried. If you ever have to eat here, the only dish worth ordering is the S size fried noodles with shrimps at 90 baht.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, WA
“Please, please do not eat here! ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Like everybody else, our driver recommended this place for live seafood and we trusted his recommendation. Unfortunately we tried to check it out first on Trip Advisor but couldn't understand the name of the restaurant to do so.

Place is set up for large buses, that should have been our first tip that it wasn't a good restaurant.

It just gets worse from there. Food was mediocre at best, found hair in one dish. Bathrooms have no sinks to wash your hands in so it's very likely that the staff does not wash their hands at all!

I am completely disgusted with the driver and the restaurant, and as I write, I am just waiting and hoping that my family does not get sick.

London, United Kingdom
“The "Phong Phang Sting"... Avoid at all costs!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

First your local taxi driver offers to take you to "nice seafood restaurant".....we arrived at the above, ordered 1 soft shell crab dish and four tiger prawns with a large rice and a glass of wine and 1 soft drink. We were told the prawns were 150 baht per 100 grams, fine. Had nothing else, asked for bill, 1850 baht or £37!!!! Like an idiot we paid and left. The catch is the weight of prawns is never given to you so you cannot work out that this is a ridiculous cost. It's a nasty trick and untypical of
Thailand. We see from other reports we are one of many to be caught this way, the scam is systematic and ongoing. AVOID.

• Visited December 2013