“Thank goodness for the Westin!” 5 of 5 stars

Suite & Villa Package
Ranked #39 of 156 Hotels in Phuket Town
4.0 of 5 stars 1,143 Reviews
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
“Thank goodness for the Westin!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

After having a less than desirable start to our honeymoon at another resort in Phuket we decided to move to the Westin. All we can say THANK YOU!!!! They saved our honeymoon from being horrible. With only one hours notice of our arrival they had decorated our beautiful suite and made us a honeymoon cake! The Resort was divine and really screamed luxury. The rooms were equipped with amazing technology and the bed was extraordinarily comfortable. Everyone at the Resort seemed to know we were on our honeymoon and were all extremely accommodating. We ate at all of their restaurants and were blown away - even their room service food was top notch! Drinks at the bar each night were classy and relaxing with great music, service and free delicious canapes. Everyone bent over backwards to make sure our stay was amazing and it was obvious that they treated everyone this way (not just honeymooners). The Resort is positioned on the side of a hill that leads down to the coast and so each room has amazing views and feels secluded and private,

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
StarwoodPhuket, Manager at The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Georgia N,

Thank you for your kind review of your recent honeymoon at the Westin Siray Bay. My team and I are delighted to be part of your wonderful celebration.

Once again, Congratulations on your honeymoon. I am pleased to hear that everything from our suite and facilities to the ambiance and the views contributed towards your wonderful experience.

I truly appreciate your kind feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the Westin Siray Bay.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stayed here for 4 days in October 2012. The resort was beautiful and service was fantastic.

Half price cocktails in the pool at sunset and wonderful and reasonably priced food.

I note some complaints have been raised about transport, however the resort offers shuttle buses to the town and to the local shopping centre for a couple of Australian dollars each way. The truth be told, there is not much to do in Phuket city and there is nowhere that you would want to eat or drink at outside the resort.

There were constant bangs coming from the foreshore and I thought we were next to an industrial complex. It turned out that there is a famous monastry nearby and it to celebrate good luck it is traditional to detonate the loudest firecracker possible. If anything, Westin should explain the local environment as it seems pretty interesting.

The resort is very busy at night but empty during the day as most people are on day trips at the islands. Because of this we often found we were able to enjoy the pools in complete privacy.

Also the rooms were very beautiful as they all have views.

Room Tip: All rooms are good rooms. Make sure you get breakfast.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
StarwoodPhuket, Manager at The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear axalotl,

Thank you for choosing the Westin Siray Bay for your recent vacation in Phuket. I am pleased you had a relaxing time by the pools and enjoyed your dining experiences with us.

I hope you have had a pleasant stay and returned home feeling renewed and recharged. You raise a very good point, that we could improve the way in which we communicate the local culture and attractions close to the Resort to our guests. We will certainly take this on board and look to provide more information.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Phuket.

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Spent a week at their Elevation suite. Had a rather high expectation on this place probably due to the brand name but turned out to be a bit disappointing. This resort is nice and built on a hill (lots of stairs and slopes but they have golfs cars to take you to your room) at Phuket east coast but the place is really getting very tired and rundown. The paint on exterior walls are peeling off and lots of damages and scratches on the furitures in the room as well. Lots of details were not attended to and some major maintenance are required.

The beach is stoney and not swimable during low tides. Water is always murky. Sunset was not impressive even on a clear sky, probably due to the location. Should have sticked to west coast like Laguna area, Bangtao / Mai Khao and Phang Nga where the beach and sunset are close to perfection.

The food at Westin are quite alright except for the breakfast where the place is very crowded and the restaurant floor are dirty.... not the breakfast quality you expected for a 5 star hotel. The hotel is only 20-25 mins drive from Central festival where you can find a lot varities on food & shopping etc. Shuttle bus is available but better booked at least 1 day in advance.

In conclusion the resort is nice...swimming pools, restaurants (except during breakfast time) and gym etc were pretty good but one will expect more on a Westin name tag.

Dear W L,

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay. I appreciate you sharing this with us as it will allow us to continually improve our products and service.

We are currently undertaking enhancements and maintenance work that will bring our resort back to life and enrich your future stays with us. Some of these areas include repainting of the internal and external building, landscaping and resurfacing of Horizons pool.

I apologize that we did not meet your expectations this time around, however, we will certainly take your feedback seriously, and I look forward to welcoming you back to our renewed resort.

San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel. Rooms are amazing, we had our own infinity pool just outside our room with a killer view. As with all westin hotels, it's pricey. The price you are quoted does not include 10% service charge, 7% taxes an other fees. The breakfast, although included on my package, was also charged a small fee. You have to pay 450 baht pe day to have room internet which i find rediculous given the prices of everything else. Basically, they milk your wallet every step of the way!!

The beach is nice although stepping into the water reveals muddy coral which is not enjoyable at all. Can't swim there. The main pool is stunning though. So that makes up for it, try to ignore the power station in the distance though.

Value for money is not the best given that we are in Thailand, but it is a very nice place to stay in itself

• Stayed October 2012
Dear fentonius,

Thank you for your kind feedback with regard to your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear you found our room, swimming pools and the views amazing.

I am disappointed that you feel that you did not receive value for money during your recent stay with us as we are recognized as one of the best value for money 5 Star Resorts in Phuket. It is the case with all properties in Phuket, you are subject to a 10% Service Charge (that is distributed equally to all associates in the Resort), 7% VAT Tax and 1% Provincial Tax additional to your hotel rates and services. In saying this we will take consider your feedback, and review our pricing in comparison to our competitor properties.

I am sorry that we were not entirely able to meet your expectations on this occasion and would hope that you would still consider staying with us again when you next visit Phuket.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed in Westin Siray from 20/10/12-24/10/12 to celebrate our annivasary in Phuket before heading to LM Khao Lak. A late evening flight for us and we just want to rest on our first day in the resort, the Westin personnel that is waiting for us at the airport still has several other guest name on his board so Im expecting another driver from Westin will fetch us, while waiting we have a nice chat which is a nice touch of service from that guy. Its very disappointing to see a SPG brand like Westin to have an outsource driver with outsource car....no Westin brand on that toyota camry, just some number label which is lame...

Upon arrival its even more disappointing...no bellboy or any staff came to assist or welcome us...nothing...just a cold lobby with some sad looking tourist waiting to check-in....the driver have to help us carry our luggage and shouted to the bellboy that we are here...we were totally lost, no information was given, no direction was given to us at all...the first time in my stay at a SPG resort I have to check-in by standing at the lobby and feel lost...what a nice memory...Thankfully the frontdesk crew were all lovely! They are really the savior of this resort..now comes another werid thing, the buggy driver actually accompany us to our room without any of the frontdesk personnel who is more familiar with the resort/room and speak better english..in the end all the driver did was drive us to our room, give us a 20sec tour of the room, wish us happy birthday when the setup and cake is clearly for our annivasary and walk off...Im not a demanding person, I even tip the driver as hes doing beyond what hes needed to do, but hes not trained in this area so I have no idea what is going on, preharps they were really under-staff that day and we are unlucky?;)

With such a bad start I cant imagine whats the service like at the restaurant, we tried the restaurant Seasonal Taste which we think is not so bad, in terms of service and food. One of the staff there answer most of our enquiry about the Vegetarian Festival too;) Infact hes the only one that walk around asking and ensuring every customer there is satisfied with their food etc. Our room is also big as I book a discovery suite with an extra living room, working desk and big balcony;) The view is nothing much since its facing Phuket Town, but we see alot of firework thanks to the festival;)

Lobby- Open air with quite a nice seaview, concierge desk sucks big time as they are not helpful at all, one of the staff name Nueng didnt bother helping as with the taxi and just point to the car treating me like a dog asking me to shove off...we see tuktuk parking beside the concierge area so we are wondering are they lacking the shuttle golf cart or they literally just allow anyone to come in and go as they please..
Resort- The whole resort is build on a cliff, stairs and slope are quite steep in some place, they didnt really maintain the road so the shuttle back to your room can be quite wild. This resort is still new but tears and wear can be seen in many area, the resort has 3 pool but dont go to the splash pool without insect repellent, theres thousand of mosquito around the sun lounge there;( They were fogging the resort stage by stage so I believe they are trying to solve the issue too. They provide shuttle to Phuket Town and Central Festival for 100B each way PP, my advice is book early but dont go for round trip if you plan to go for Weekend NightMarket which is near Central Festival, their last shuttle back is 8.30pm which is still quite early and rush to shop around the NightMarket. Taxi to Phuket Town is 300B pw, to Central Festival is 400B pw, Patong 700B-800B pw, theres nothing outside the resort, the nearest 7-11 is quite a distance but its dangerous to walk there at night and under the hot sun I think you will faint...
Restaurant- Didnt try any restaurant other than Seasonal Taste for breakfast and dinner, the breakfast was fantastic! Wide range of choice and fresh fruits! Most of the staff are nice but I guess they love caucasian because of the amount of tips they can get I think? You can really see the difference of how they treat asian and caucasian..its funny sometime when they think all asian are from China, every staff I talk to ask me am I from China..
Room- They send us complimentary annivasary cake and a very nice setup of swan and roses in our bed which is a very nice touch;) Their Heavenly Bed is really heavenly, I sleep through the night with no problem! Although I agree it sink your head which some people might not like it;) They got a wide range of cable TV channel too;) Our Discovery Suite is big but feels very empty..theres nothing thai about the room, infact the whole resort doesnt make you feel your in Thailand, this is the main reason why Im giving just 4 star, together with the very bad starting impression when we check-in. Our room 2125 face Phuket Town, while its nice to see the firework( Vegetarian Festival) its really not a nice seaview that most reviewer said, the room at the Prego pool building could offer a better view;) Since our room is quite close to the lobby, we didnt use much of the buggy service, they were very cold towards people, no goodnight or enjoy your day, if we didnt said thanks to them they were just drop us and go back without saying anything...its like the whole resort owes them a living..

For all the days we stayed there, we saw their GM sitting in the middle of the lobby with a desk of his own using his desktop, no idea why he sit there but I do appreciate that the GM is there to answer question or even complaints? But I dont see him walking around which actually kind of defeat the purpose, but at least hes there to inspire the frontdesk crew I hope?;)

Overall Westin Siray Bay is a nice resort with a perfect frontdesk team and nice facilities, but with so many resort/hotel in Phuket that offer a better concept and better service, Im not too sure whether can they remain competitive in the future. Still if your not too demanding this resort will be suitable for you;) I love it for the very peaceful environment thou;)

Room Tip: Dont bother with suites, not much difference with superior room.
Dear Kelele_10,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your recent stay with us. You have provided valuable insights and details that will assist us in improving our customer service.

I apologize your experience did not meet the very high standards we aim to provide. However, your feedback is important to us and I have personally shared your comments with the team. We will certainly be looking into those concerns you raised and making improvements.

Thank you again for your feedback. I do hope you will allow us another opportunity in the future to restore your faith in the Westin Siray Bay.

Bangkok
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Hotel is on Siray island connected to Phuket on west side. It is on the hill and all rooms are seaview with a big size. Traveling in the hotel is a bit difficult as you need to use shuttle van as rooms are on the hill. Walking is tired. It is good for couple but not for elders and small children even it has kid club. Facility is excellent. Atmosphere is good as you can see sunset. There is shuttle van to town and shopping mall. As there is no public transport in Phuket, traveling one place to another is costly around 200-300 baht for a car. Shuttle van of hotel also needs to pay 100B per head for one way. Restaurant is good and beside sea. However, variety is the same every day as I stay for 5 days. You will get boring. There are 2 swimming pools with kid club and 3 restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Pord,

Thank you for your review of your stay at the Westin Siray Bay.

I am pleased you enjoyed the atmosphere and facilities of our wonderful Resort.

Thank you again for your time and feedback and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Just checked out of the Westin Siray Bay yesterday even though we were paid till the 18th. The resort look nice upon basic inspection but is looking very tired. The resort is only 4 years old but looks and feels like you are in an Ikea store that has been very well used. The quality of the fixtures and construction is shoddy. The tiles in the pool are coming loose. The cushions on the lounges by the pool are always soaked - I guess they dont take them in at night. The front desk staff and actually all the staff are very nice. No complaints there. We had 3 rooms booked so they put us side by side by side. But one of the rooms had such a sewage smell that they had to be moved - without complaint by the front desk.

To give some perspective I travel for work and personal and am in hotels 30-40 times a year. If I was traveling in North America for work I would have been happy with the Westin Siray Bay, but since I was in Thailand I wanted to feel like I was in Thailand. The hotel has no personality.

Good things about the hotel:
-the heavenly beds - had a fantastic night sleep
-the breakfast buffet - fantastic!!!
-the staff - very nice and accomodating

Bad things about the hotel:
-lots and lots of stairs - if you have any mobility issues this could be an issue
-the beach - when the tide goes out it is a rocky mud pile
- when the tide is in the beach is dirty and has garbage, there are no waves and when you put your feet down you step on slimy stones
-the rooms - every thing feels and looks well worn - scratches on the furniture and drawers don't necessarily close properly

My group left and we came to the JW Marriott - heaven!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Amanda262626,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience with us. I am pleased you enjoyed our signature Heavenly Beds, breakfast and wonderful service from our associates.

Your comments are important to us as it allows us to continually improve our product and service. Currently, we are undertaking enhancements and maintenance work such as repainting of building, renovating our pool, and landscaping to provide a more inspiring and refreshing ambiance for your guests.

I will personally share your comments with my team and we will certainly look to improve in those areas you have mentioned.

I very much appreciate your valuable feedback.

Hotel Manager

Been to The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket? Share your experiences!