“Highly Recommended” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
upminster
“Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Looked up this restaurant via a Thailand guide book. Fortunately, although the guide book is a little dated, the China Inn is still there. We had a very good meal in excellent surroundings. Service was impeccable.

• Visited February 2014

Bali, Indonesia
“Surprised by the good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I have walked passed this place countless time, even took a peek inside. It is a beautifully restored Chinese shop house on Thalang road.

But for some reason or other I never ate here, I thought it was just a pretty place and that the food was average. Mistake.

So I had lunch there today and I was surprised at how good and tasty the Penang curry was, really excellent and with melt in your mouth duck. Prices are a bit higher than at other places but the location is special.

The patio is a great place to seat down and take a rest, great place I will be back for sure to try more dishes!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“One of my favorite restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Thai Food is my favorite cuisine and this restaurant delivers impeccable food at a very fair price. China Inn Cafe is a lovely old shophouse, which has been carefully renovated in traditional style. There is a beautiful little garden filled with orchids. The food is of the highest quality and beautifully presented . Service is excellent.

• Visited December 2013
Manila, Philippines
“Good food but a bit pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I had visited this place once when we got to Phuket Old Town (April 2012). We really intended to eat on this resto brought by curiosity as we read a lot of reviews about it. The food is really great, one of my favorites are the pad thai and the mango salad. Their Tom Yum is not the typical one I used to try in other resto / country. Their Tom Yum is sour & tasteful but not spicy. Even if its a bit pricey, I will still come back and order my favorite dishes. The resto's ambience is quiet nice, there's a little garden area and on the front door you'll see displays of some souvenir items they are selling (really not connected with the resto's good food).

The food is worth a try and must come-back.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Thalang
“Absolutely Charming!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I visited this place with a friend who has been here before.It is really quiant with ots of nik naks around.We ate in a lovely covered outside area,the service ,food and ambience was amazing.Its a little Gem and I will definately be visiting again.

• Visited August 2013