“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Sole

Save Saved
You added Hotel Sole to your Saves list
Hotel Sole
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   188/31/32 Phang Muang Road, Phuket Town, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #55 of 207 Phuket Town B&B and Inns
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stayed here for 11 nights. It's a small hotel with wifi that came in handy. The staff were friendly and always willing to help. A mini mart next to hotel was great. A 5 - 10 minute walk to Bangla which was safe to walk at night. The hotel also does scooter rentals which was very convenient. There is construction taking place next to the hotel with some noise but that really didn't bother us. Overall we had a great stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

We booked 7nights but could only tolerate 2. Eventually the noise and the prostitutes checking in at 5 in the morning making noise outside our room was too much.
The hotel is in a good spot but way too close to the road. The rooms don't look like the website at all. All the entrances to the rooms are next to the elevator so there are constant noise. After we wanted to check out because what we expected and what we got was not the same, the manager "Stefano" called the police to make sure we pay for all the nights. If you stay there don't plan on much sleep. Both days the water went off and the area is filthy.
We don't mind staying in a budget hotel but we expect to get what the website looks like. I think those pics were taken 10years ago.
Thanks but no thanks. We checked in somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Ive recently just stayed in this hotel. Its great location. Great staff, Very friendly, helpful, always smiling when ever we walked past. Its very clean, kept in good condition.
Wifi worked great. A mini mart next door, so that's handy. A five minute walk to main attractions of Patong, Shopping Malls, Bangler Road, Restaurants and the boxing stadiums, so close enough to walk, not close enough to be really noisy.
One thing I would say, is sometimes when we returned to the room around 5ish, house keeping was about to start cleaning our room, or sometimes we return to the room, and it not been cleaned yet. Not a huge problem, but a little bit annoying. But other then that, great place to stay I would come back again.
Opposite the hotel there is an excursion place, DO NOT buy from them, I purchased a ticket to Bangkok, cost me £22, the taxi arrived on time to take me to the bus station to catch my bus to Bangkok, this ticket was unrecognisable, and was unable to board the bus. I caught the taxi driver but, of course he said the ticket is fine, its someone elses problem, I had to leave that night to catch my flight the next day. So I had no choice to buy a new ticket £18.

Room Tip: All rooms seem fine.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stayed for 9 nights. Strategically very well placed, not too far from the main shopping center/muay thai stadium and the Patong beach/Bangla and not too close to get too tired from the noise. the room is clean and properly cleaned everyday. very nice owners + Stephano is a great guy(gave me a great cup of Italian espresso). expect to get a fairly good room compared to the amount you are paying. there is a TV with sattlite(never got time to watch), a mini fridge, a big closet and a clean bathroom/toilet and 2 small tables next to my bed. the aircon worked fine when I stayed. The bed was a little bit hard though but it was good for my back :).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

It's about 5-10 mins walk to Jung Ceylon Shopping center, Banzaan market, Bangla Muay Thai stadium and other shops. Easy walk to Bangla road if you're into the night scene. There's a taxi/tuk-tuk 'stand' a few steps away at the junction leading into the hotel so it's easy to catch a ride to further locations. Best of all, it's far enough from the night scenes to get a quiet night's sleep. Stefano the owner and his staff are really friendly and helpful. No problem at all when we booked a taxi transfer through them.

Room Tip: The hotel charges laundry at per piece. Go over to the travel agent just opposite the hotel where th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Yogyakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

this is not my first time come to phuket. but this is my first time stay in this hotel. not like another hotel, this hotel is not required me to make a deposit for room key. but they ask me deposit for safe box. but it's not a problem for me. the hotel location was also great. it's only need 5 min walk to jungceylon and 10 min walk to patong beach. the staff was also very friendly although they are not really understand english. and once again, it's not a problem for me because we still understand what are they talking about. The room was also clean every day. i stay here for 6 nights. and i really enjoy it

Room Tip: don't ever hope you get a good view when you book a standart room. cause all of their standart r...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We booked this place based on its location and were not disappointed. The staff also helped telephone various tour guides without hesitation. A pleasant 2 day stay. Location is just off the main road. Good variety of shops and food within 5 minutes walk.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Sole? Share your experiences!