“Highly recommended!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #98 of 913 Restaurants in Phuket Town
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Set in the 'Heritage' part of Phuket Town, Siam Indigo represents all that is good about the area and the changes that are happening there. Open up in 2006, Siam Indigo offer an unique setup where works from local artists adorn the 90-year-old walls in the white table and chair dining room while the lounge/bar area sticks to a more modern style. Overall, Siam Indigo's decor is a successful marriage of old, atmospheric Chinese shop-house and eclectic art with a broad emphasis on space and light. To the back of the restaurant is a patio featuring a fountain where diners can enjoy the evening breezes. Essentially, the decor reflects the attitude of the owners: a healthy respect for the building's heritage with a leaning towards the contemporary.
Basel, Switzerland
“Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

You are looking for something unique and special? Here you go!
Excellent Phuket LOCAL dishes!
Drinks? Oh yes! My favorite: The Mojito with Chili's is unique on this planet!
Lovely and stylish ambience!
Service is excellent and Staff is very friendly!
Its a must go when you are downtown Meang Phuket!
Highly recommended and my personal favorite in beautiful down town Phuket!
I just love it!

• Visited April 2012

Bangkok, Thailand
“Much potential but some details have to be improved”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

First I have been there with my friends. We were nicely greeted and then started getting drinks and the menu. There was a french lady who kindly provided recommendations however she kept on giving snappy comments to my friend. I have ordered the lamb-donuts and only after 10 minutes the same lady came back to tell me that they do not have these avaialbe. Quite disappoining as I had to make another choice and of course my food came later which should not happen in a restaurant like this.
The second time I went with one friend and we had a great dinner. I still enjoy this place however the lady really has to change her additude as it made the whole evening extremely uncomfortable. The restaurant itself is beautiful with tasteful designs as well as a great wine choice and delicious cuisine.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SiamIndigo, Owner at Siam Indigo Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear Sir,

First of all I would like thank you for sharing your experience at Siam Indigo.
We cannot thank you enough for bringing your comments as it will surely give us this opportunity to improve and not to repeat the same mistake.
I am so pleased that you have enjoyed the atmosphere we have created at Siam Indigo including the unique old Thai recipes we are selected on our menu.
The quality has been our priority since we have opened our doors in 2006 ! Creativity, freshness of our products, and of course service is a must.
I am deeply sorry for the experience with the Lamb-donuts (these are not in our menu anymore since October 2011).
You can be sure that I will pass your comments to our Manager.
Since you are leaving in Phuket should you wish to come and experience Siam Indigo again, kindly let us know sales@siamindigo.com I will personally come and take care of you and your friends.
Thank you again for your review.
Kind regards,
Celine – creative owner
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Dont bother!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Fantastic chic venue let down by bourgeois French female matre de, very rude to her staff and made my wife and I feel unwelcome.

On the plus side - good cocktails.... however over priced and very slow service for our "cold" fusion styled tapas and coconut prawn tempura.... very disappointing!

..... and as the only customers there is really no excuse.

Just glad we stopped for a snack, and didn't waste an evenings dinner here.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
SiamIndigo, Owner at Siam Indigo Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Dear Valuable guests,
First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your experience at Siam Indigo.
Thank you very much for the “Fantastic Chic venue” compliment.  I really like it !!
I have investigated with the team who served you on that day and I would like to provide your with the following explanations !
Siam Indigo open its doors every day at 2.pm and it is the about the time you came, that is probably why the restaurant was not busy.
Most of our clients start to come late afternoon or evening for Dinner time.
Our reputation for serving very good cocktails is well known in Phuket town ! A shame you did not come during our special happy hours deal Bht.100.—net per cocktails from 5.pm -7.pm. Your comment make me feel that we should consider to apply this from 2.pm-7.pm something to think about ! 
I am very sorry that the tapas was not to your taste. Actually this promotion of “Authentic Thai tapas” for Bht. 290.—for 10 tapas has been on for many months and it is a great success from both Thai customers and westerners.
I am very sorry if the behavior of our Manager Cathy made your “wife feel unwelcome”. This might be a misunderstanding as many of our clients are usually very pleased with her way to pamper them. However, you can be assured that I will pass on this comments to her and make sure she makes the necessary improvements. Please accept my apologies on her behalf.
Thanks again for coming & experience Siam Indigo.
I would like to personally invite you & your wife for Dinner should you come back to Phuket. Feel free to contact me at anytime.
Kind regards,
Celine Masson (creative owner)
australia
“Don't miss this gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

In the heart of old Phuket town this rest and gallery is worth more than one visit. With its French owner on hand it runs efficiently with an emphasis on smart yet relaxed dining. Our group of five indulged in a good choice of cocktails, tapas are also avail at the bar, and took a moment to view the artworks. Not a frivolous purchase but quite amazing and very tempting. The food is modern Thai, we had the tempura prawns with mango salad, refreshing and light. Duck massaman curry followed for me in a good helping with rice. Another on our table ordered crabmeat in coconut milk and another the pork, nothing was left. Although this classy Little find is very adult it's casual enough to bring little ones too. So...don't miss out.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SiamIndigo, Owner at Siam Indigo Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

We have really appreciate your very nice review ,and just loved the “smart yet relaxed dining”.. !
Siam Indigo open its doors 6 years ago, and till then our effort to share our love for Art, Thai food,& most importantly heritage is still intact.
To read your review warm our hearts and will surely encourage us to continue to provide the best we can to our all our guests who wish to try “Something different” while been in Phuket.
We are very much hoping to have the pleasure to welcoming you again!
Wishing you all the very best
Meilleures salutations
Celine – creative owner
London, United Kingdom
“great food well managed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

The best restaurant in phukettown by far
Not only the food but also service and looks

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SiamIndigo, Owner at Siam Indigo Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Dear Michael,
Thank you very much for taking some of your time to issue a comment on the reliable Trip Advisor website.
Siam Indigo team is really happy to know you have had a great night in town!
Phuket town is still very challenging but as soon as guests share their experience, it will only encourage more people to give it a try !
I will surely pass on your comment to my team and thanks them for the good work.
Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon !
Chock dee Khun Michael