“Great Views, Freindly Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Secret Cliff Resort

You added Secret Cliff Resort to your Saves list
Secret Cliff Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   707 Patak Rd. | Karon Cliff, Karon, Phuket Town, Phuket 83100, Thailand   |
Ranked #60 of 72 Hotels in Karon
Perth
“Great Views, Freindly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My wife and i spent 5 days in junior suite room. Views are great. Restaurant food was reasonable, not great. Be aware that access to the accommodation is very steep.I wouldn't recommend for anyone that has mobility issues. Staff are good. I would go back again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kulai, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This review was meant for the hotel reservation department and its assigned reservation company, not the front desk staff. I can't comment the front office staffs yet because I haven't been there. I wanted to book a candlelight dinner with the hotel during my stay; therefore, I email the hotel for more information. I received an email regarding to the set meals they had. So I replied with my dining confirmation. Guess what? No replies at all later, nothing! I sent several emails for further confirmation and I even sent a fax to them from Switzerland! At the end, I decided to cancel my whole booking including room reservation because I feel like I am booking a ghost hotel without anyone working on it. At the end, its reservation company forward me several emails, insists that the hotel did contact me and ask me to check my email properly; together with the clause "No Cancellation, No Refund". Well, at first I thought is my problem; but when I looked into the forwarded emails, I found out that all emails were sent by the hotel to the reservation company, they did not CC or BCC to me at all! Now, how can I receive the emails when the emails are not sent to me? The worst part is, the reservation staff insists that that is my problem for not receiving the mails by highlighting the "proves"! All the proves highlight was sent by me to the hotel, not hotel to me! For God sake, they don't even know how to track emails and identify who is the one sending emails. As a hospitality student, one thing I understand for sure is we cannot argue with guests, no matter in what circumstances are! Furthermore, they made themselves look stupid by forwarding the emails to "prove" themselves. They really underestimated the power of "Word of Mouth", especially spread by those who are in the same industry.

If the hotel staff is reading this, please, improve your attitude and communicate better with guests. Make sure it is not your mistake first before accusing others. You are really making all guests pissed off!

Since they are not going to cancel my booking and I fully aware of it. I will still fulfil my part of the agreement by continuing staying with them. Hope the front desk staffs won't be as terrible as the back office.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tallinn, Estonia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We got a totally horrible experience there. After we had sent back our beef twice (over cooked, not tender, low-quality cartilaged meat) we had to wait 30min for the subsitute dish even though there was only one other table occupied in the restaurant. The tiger prawns were also overcooked. Also due to some construction work there some kind of rust dripped on my jacket. Lucikily I was able to remove the staines.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

When we booked the room in this hotel after looking at the picture we thought it will be great... we were given a room which was built up newly... and next to our room the hotel was putting up new rooms .... there was disturbance..noises of all sort from morning to late afternoon..... the bathroom was choked all the time... and the staff at the reception was rude and had no knowledge abt the hotels policies... we had told the staff at the reception to book the taxi for the airport at a said time but the staff was not at all deligent to book the taxi and not reliable...and as the result we reached airport just on time...will never visit again!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Cairns, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We have stayed at Secret Cliff before and enjoyed it. We're not sure what has changed, but they now appear set on ripping you off however they can. In our case, when we arrived they told us that we would have to pay extra (1000 baht/night) for our 2 children to stay with us, even though they were included on the original booking. We showed the Manager our booking form which included the children, and he agreed that we had not done anything wrong, but still charged us for the kids. He gave us the choice of either paying extra, or upgrading to another room for the same price, which we did. The whole thing was an exercise in extracting more money from the customer, and made for a very frustrating and expensive start to our holiday.
They also tried to charge us for a 'missing' towel on checkout, until I ran to the room and counted the towels in front of the maid. It's such a shame they have gone this way because the location and resort itself is nice.

Avoid this resort, they will only find a way to extract more money from you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Note that travel date: 7/29/2009 - 8/1/2009, am compiling my reviews from agoda to tripadvisor as well.

This was a great find, definitely value for money. Thoroughly love waking to the sounds of waves and just spacing out at the balcony which faces the sea. I booked for the normal sea facing room, i love sitting out at the balcony armed w coffee, literature and nico sticks. It was almost always windy and the bikinis dry in no time. Our bathtub was leaking but manager came and handled the situation quickly, think room number was 122. Staff were polite and helpful. On our last day, we checked out 12pm but because our flight was in the late evening, the concierge helped to arrange for our spa treatment to time it such that we had enuf time to return from our treatment, have a good lunch at hotel, got us a spare room for us to take a shower and when we were done, the cab is waiting for us at the lobby. THAT is service going the extra mile. The buffet breakfast was nothing to shout about but the ala carte menu was excellent. Food portion, tasty, well presented etc. We had more meals in the hotel than out. It was so good that on our last night we made it a point to have our dinner at the hotel. I cannot ask for more for a 3star boutique hotel. For those who do not like the hustle and bustle of Patong, this is def the place to be at (Patong is approx 10 to 15 mins tuktuk or taxi ride away).

Room Tip: Quiet and relaxing environment, well kept, good food (ala carte menu), near to patong & shopping...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We had an amazing stay at The Secret Cliff, our room was fantastic, nestled into the cliff side with ocean views to die for, quite large, homely and cleaned daily. The staff were very friendly and attentive. The only down side was that you could not get Wifi in the room, maybe too far from the server. The pool was beautiful, rolling off into the ocean.
The restaurant at Secret Cliff is fantastic, with the same to die for views. The service is impeccable and very friendly. I think the food here is some of the best we have had in Thailand so far.
The Secret Cliff is definitely worth a return visit........or two.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Secret Cliff Resort? Share your experiences!