The hotel is average and I had no major problems, but I didn't find the hotel to be that good mainly due to staff issues and to be honest, I'll probably be trying something else next time.
We got a pool access room and it was worth the extra cost. Having said that, housekeeping staff are supposed to leave coloured towers in pool access rooms but on no occasion during our 3 night stay did this happen, even after we requested it at the front desk. Housekeeping cleaned twice a day (?) which I found unusual and I was surprised to find staff in my room when I returned from resting on the pool and balcony in the late afternoon.
Rooms are large, bathroom has a large shower area, two sinks and the water pressure is excellent, bed is large and firm. Pool access from our balcony is a very nice added touch. The pool is REALLY nice. Room service is quick and reasonably priced. The Spa was very relaxing, ladies are professional and the environment is peaceful.
- You cannot control the AC unit heat in the room. It changed the temperature automatically during the day and night and I was unable to sleep well at night due to the noise from the unit. Turning it off just made the room too hot after a couple of hours.
- Mosquitoes in the room: staff used a spray, we used repellent and the anti mosquito electrical thing but we were still bitten during the night.
- To say the internet was slow is an understatement, which is odd because internet in Thailand is quite good. it takes about 4 minutes to load a basic page. Don't count on accessing TripAdvisor while you are there :D
- Walls and general room decor are looking tired and the bathroom was a bit mouldy.
- The TV reception is the worst I've ever seen.
- Some staff: bellboy/bus driver ignored us which wouldn't usually bother me so much if we weren't asking them a question.
- Breakfast is really understaffed and there isn't enough space as you have to wait for a table to be free, when a table is available, staff are busy collecting dishes and cannot clear up tables. ACs above the breakfast area leak, so be careful not to sit under them. Bacon was almost charcoal and no syrup or honey for the waffles.
- Shuttle was not on time and always full at 10, if there are too many guests for one trip, surely they can come back and collect the others in 10 minutes?
- When we ordered room service, it came with a notice telling us to call the guest service when we finished, to not put dishes in the corridor. We called the guest services and they asked us to do just that: put it in the corridor. 6 hours later it was still there.
- Courtesy late check-out is not available, you must pay 600 baht per hour.
- The area around the hotel isn't that nice, you have more massage parlors than restaurants in the area and it's a 15 minute walk to the beach.
I filled in the feedback form with these details and gave it to the clerk at check-out, maybe they can take some measures to improve service, if it ever reaches the main office.
Also, the airport transfer (taxi) takes about an hour, the hotel can connect you to a company (900 baht I think) but I booked a slightly cheaper option online.
The pool access rooms are nice.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.