“Amazing Destination” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Village Resort and Spa

You added The Village Resort and Spa to your Saves list
The Village Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   566 / 1 Patak Rd., Karon, Phuket Town, Phuket 83100 , Thailand   |
Ranked #22 of 72 Hotels in Karon
Bowie, Maryland
“Amazing Destination”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The rooms here aren't just rooms, they're like individual private suites. Each room only has one other room connected to it, so the risk of loud noise disruptions is minimal. The location is key if you want to relax and enjoy your privacy. It's right across the street from Karon Beach; about a 5-10 minute taxi ride from Patong, however, so if you're looking for the busy nightlife, you'll have to grab a cab. My only complaint would be the limited pool hours - I think it was only open from 10am-7pm. Food was good; plenty of options available at the breakfast buffet for all nationalities. Food is all covered to protect it from the bugs/birds. Beds are a little hard, but that's a personal preference thing so I really can't complain about that too much.

Room Tip: Pool front rooms actually have a ladder from the porch directly into the pool; however, it's onl...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

The resort was amazing.i stayed in a pool access villa and staff service were prompt and exemplary.the hotel arranges everything from your tour needs to taxi services. It's also not so far from karon beach just 200m walk and ur there. I would definitely choose the same hotel on my next visit to Phuket. Also the royal spa is simply amazing and relaxing.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband and I chose this resort as no children under the age of 12 are allowed. We don't like staying in hotels with screaming kids so it was HEAVEN. I would stay again. We were upgraded from a garden view to pool access and we loved it. The villa was spacious, clean, well thought out and private. The private pool access was excellent and the two person sized tub was fantastic. The only problem we had with this resort was the breakfast was medicore. We expected more selection, and the pastries, well, there was no pastries. Overall a brilliant stay and would recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

After missing coming here last year due to the refurbishment last year we finally arrived with another person as well so 3 in a villa. The place looks great and is still as quiet as I can remember. The refurbishment has cleaned up the place from a jungle to a modern resort, not sure which I actual prefer. Anyway the welcome was as warm as before and the villas are still of a great quality and no cramped with 3 as the 3rd person used the large day bed in the lounge. Main bed mattress are a bit hard though The villa we had this time was slightly different in its configuration but that did not mean that it was an issue. This place is a peace and tranquility personified, and I just cant wait to go back again one day. The pools are of a nice size and maintained daily, breakfast is of a good standard and happy hour is at 16:00 each day. We generally found that nothing was to much trouble . Beds are changed every day as are towels. Thanks team for another great holiday.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Horsley, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The perfect place to relax, away from the hussle and bussle of Patong, with a short stroll to the main streets of Karon, and a hop, skip and a jump to the beach; what more can you ask for when trying to unwind. This was our 5th stay at this location, with the resort recently undergoing a bit of a make over, all for the better I believe. As always the staff have been friendly and helpful as much as possible, yes there is always to trahslation issues but a bit of patience will pay off in the long run.

This resort is ideal for couples and those wishing to be away from ankle biters, it caters mainly for adults though you will sometimes get a child of 12 or above staying with parents. The resorts is made up of approx. 34 bungalows each with a sitting/lounge room with day bed, a walk in robe, enormous bathroom with separate shower and enormous bath, and a king size bed in its own room with a very Asian feel, this is probably my biggest issue with the resort as I find the bed really hard; some people like this.
The recent renovation has seen new board walks installed and a lot of the undergrowth removed, a much more appealling aspect now, note boardwalks can be a little slippery when wet.
Happy Hour is exactly that 1 hour, but I still find the beers prices a bit extreme, cocktail pricing is OK.
The pool is the only other issue I have at the resort, it could do with a vacuum a little more often, and being allowed to swim before 10am and after 7pm so long as you are quiet shouldn't be a problem.
There are many great eating establishments close by in Karon, a couple to mention are: Karon Steakhouse for when you are getting a little tired of Thai food, The Red Onion, great Thai food but get there before the crowd, across the road from the Red Onion you will find Talay and Kai Restaurants both provide good value for money food, and both offer fresh seafood that can be cooked as you desire.
I will be returning at my next opportunity and will hopefully be taking close friends and hopefully meeting those friends I have made from this recent journey.
A word of warning, when seeking out establishments to launder your clothes, DON'T use Ann's laundry service adjacent to the Front Village, stuffed up a number of our clothes some of which cannot be recovered, they also ruined friends clothes who we had met on this trip.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, it is hard to say what would distinguish one against the other. My only comment...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I'll start this off by saying i've travelled all around the world and i am usually somewhat skeptical when i read reviews, i understand where i am and my expectations are appropriate for the region I am in.
I write this sitting poolside with an empty beer. Service has been somewhat neglective; having to consistently go to find someone to bring me a drink isn't what I would consider 4 star resort material. We've been in Phuket now for two weeks; this being our second stop and being somewhat disappointing. It is the low season so I understand that staffing may be lower than normal. When we do get service the staff are very friendly; however ordering room service in the evening and having the plates still sitting on the deck at 11:00AM the next morning is perplexing to me. they are quick to identify and make repairs as needed ( our AC unit in the bedroom was blowing very old air the first night no matter what temp we set it to), the next morning when we returned they were already working on it without us saying anything. We did manage to get a last minute deal; however had I paid the asking price I would be very dissapointed. The bed was incredibly uncomfortable......and I've slept in many hotel beds!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is my favourite hotel in Phuket. It is luxurious, friendly and almost perfect. There are a series of bungalows, some with a private pool. There is also a central pool with a bar and an on sight restaurant.

The staff are friendly and extremely helpful. Nothing is too much trouble and they always go the exta mile to make you feel special. They even leave a friendly message written in flower petals on your bed when you arrive.

The bunglaows are all similar with an outside sitting area then into a living room, dressing room, luxury bathroom (with a huge sunken bath and walk in shower) and then up some steps into the bedroom.

I cannot recommend this place highly enough...I have been back several times and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Village Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!