Arrived very late at night and were put in a "dungeon" room as were a family of late arrivals as well. After seeing the outlook of the room at midnight were bitterly disappointed, had no sleep worrying about it. First thing in the morning went to reception and they said we could get another room, or transfer to sister hotel in Patong(which we didnt want to do). Moved to a new room with a view of the pool which was great and a decent balcony with a view. Rooms are reasonable not that big though, although we werent in ours much anyway. All good. Breaky was excellent with staff very attentive. Used the gym and it was a good size and with a/c.Had a lovely massage and treatment at the hotel it was worth every cent. The hill didnt worry us neither did the steps and we are 50ish. Stopped every night walking up/down the hill to watch the footy at the Stadium. Went to the beach opposite on the few sunny days we had. Got a taxi into Patong(which we didnt like) on a rainy day and did some good shopping. Got the shuttle bus back to hotel which was free. It would be good if it went in to Patong in the morning as well. Unfortunately didnt eat any meals at the hotel, but heard from others it was lovely and well priced, Short walk to Kata shops and restaurants, and also many times went into Karon a 1/2 hr slow walk for some shopping, meals at night and had a few drinks at a good bar . Did a few half day trips and got to see a bit, weather permitting. Booked a James Bond Island trip with kayaking and it was excellent . Would visit Karon again and stay at Horizon provided we got a good room. Have heard the Privilege rooms are excellent if you want to pay more. All in all , apart from the weather hotel and service was excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Do you want to enjoy a luxurious, fabulous yet affordable vacation in Phuket by the beach? Indulge yourself in this beautiful, upscale resort with spa facilities at affordable prices. The resort is surrounded by nature and is spread over 16,000 sqm. of land and is like your own private paradise. Shops and restaurants are within easy walking distance, and its more relaxed and quiet setting is the preferred choice of families and couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Horizon Karon Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horizon Karon Beach Resort And Spa
- Horizon Karon Beach Hotel Karon
- Horizon Karon Beach Resort & Spa Phuket