We're just back from eight days with our 9 and 12 year old and this hotel was great for us. Not too far away from the 'excitement' of Patong but very quiet and relaxed with easy access to the Karon/Kata shops, restaurants, and beach and up in the hilly jungle with a bit of a sea view.
Breakfasts were part of our accomodation deal and these were really nice, with plenty of variety, including the Thai food I love, and we didn't tire of them until the last day or so. The pool, it's surrounds, and the swim up bar were just perfect for chilling and playing although the lower level pool was a uniform 1.5 metres deep - just a little deep for our 9 year old (but his swimming improved as a result).
The internet access we purchased for the week was pretty bad - at times we only had a signal fro the pool area and most of the time it didn't work in the room, but on the positive side, we stayed off our devices for a change.
They were doing a lot of garden maintenance while we were there and the gardens and ponds were really gorgeous. My daughter loved the frogs, water monitors, giant snails, geckoes, water birds everywhere. We were on the first floor but the frog croaks in the evening that others reported didn't bother us at all.
And yes the beds were hard but we slept really well most nights anyway because we were out doing tours and shopping trips most days and were too tired to care.
The centralised control panel for the room was great until one night when the hotel suffered several power cuts and each time that happened all the lights switched on! Also if you want to charge devices you soon realise that the power points are connected to the lights (i.e. if you wanted to keep a particular power point on, you also had to turn on the related light) so you couldn't charge things overnight, and you couldn't keep things charging when you left your room either because you had to take your single key card so everything went off! Very inconvenient.
The rooms were spacious and clean, and when we reported a sticky patio door they fixed it within hours. The only downside of the room for me was the bath/shower combo which was fairly badly designed. The bathroom surrounds and floor got really wet no matter what you did and it was quite treacherous and awkward getting in an out of it with a wet floor (I'm average height). A bar to grab onto would have made it much safer.
If we come back to Phuket this would definitely be the one we come back to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Do you want to enjoy a luxurious, fabulous yet affordable vacation in Phuket by the beach? Indulge yourself in this beautiful, upscale resort with spa facilities at affordable prices. The resort is surrounded by nature and is spread over 16,000 sqm. of land and is like your own private paradise. Shops and restaurants are within easy walking distance, and its more relaxed and quiet setting is the preferred choice of families and couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Horizon Karon Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horizon Karon Beach Resort And Spa
- Horizon Karon Beach Hotel Karon
- Horizon Karon Beach Resort & Spa Phuket