“A good resort hotel in a good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Centara Karon Resort Phuket

You added Centara Karon Resort Phuket to your Saves list
Centara Karon Resort Phuket
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   502/3 Patak Road | Karon Beach, Karon, Phuket Town, Phuket 83100, Thailand (Formerly Central Karon Beach Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Buffet Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 72 Hotels in Karon
Derby, United Kingdom
“A good resort hotel in a good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

The resort is in a good location in Karon a small quieter town than Patong. There are plenty of local restaurants, bars, tailors, plenty of convenience stores with a couple of banks and currency exchange booths, also plenty of places for laundry as well.

There are rooms that suit all tastes and budgets we stayed in the 1 bedroom cabana which also has it's own Jacuzzi and would recommend those as they all so afford lots of privacy as well and are a good size.
The resort has three pools one of which is a kids pool with a slide.

Breakfast is buffet style and they usually use two of the restaurants for breakfast and at busy times there can be a few minutes wait for a table but it is never to long a wait. There is a large selection of food so there should be something that suits every ones taste.

The staff we have had dealings with have been excellent during our stay the worst we have seen is a couple of staff who don't smile often, the rest speak when you see them and are very friendly that goes for all the staff from the management team within the hotel to housekeeping, restaurants, pool bar, reception,drivers and bell staff who also provide the shuttle service into Patong.

There is a shuttle 3 times a day into Patong but it is only 1 way.

There is a tour desk where you can book any activities and trips and also a taxi desk where you can also hire a Hotel vehicle and driver for any excursion rather than doing the pre planned tours which we did on a couple of occasions.

Having witnessed during my stay the way some guests have spoken to the staff in the restaurants, bars and at the pool bars and on reception it is no wonder sometimes people don't get exactly what they want.

This is a nice hotel and resort but without running it down it is not the most luxurious hotel but it is not advertising itself as such and having stayed in some of the best hotels in the world this is certainly a hotel I will come back to and is an ideal place for families, couples and groups as it has something for everyone and is in a good location.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Management77, General Manager at Centara Karon Resort Phuket, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear John W,
thanks for taking the time to rate us. I appreciate your efforts at a very thorough review.
I am pleased to see you enjoyed the resort and the facilities on offer. I am equally pleased to see you enjoyed our location.
Your comments regarding how some guests treat staff etc are very correct!!! I see it everyday too. In the end I know that everyone here strives to give the best service they can for the wonderful product we have.
We would be very happy to welcome you back to resort when you are next in Phuket.
My best regards,
Austin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (590)
  • Thai first
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

The family was pleased with the morning buffet, wide choice. The rooms were excellent. Good value for money. A lot of restaurants, mini marts, tailors etc directly outside of hotel, beach was a few hundred meters away, found the staff always friendly, some more than others. In summary I will stay there again in the future

Room Tip: Rooms in tower have views of ocean. Rooms in other areas are around pools.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Management77, General Manager at Centara Karon Resort Phuket, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Frank K,
Thank you for rating us. We appreciate feedback good or bad and its good that you were able to take some time out to rate us. The staff friendliness issue you mention is good point to know. If you have some more time to give me further feedback please contact me directly at the resort and I can investigate further.
I am happy to see you will be back to see us in the future and the team and I look forward to welcoming you.
Gold Coast, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stayed here in July and found the hotel very good.
Tropicale rooms were great, they surround a lovely pool at the rear of the hotel, nice and quiet but only a short stroll to restaurants and bars in Karon.
Breakfast was great with the choice of 2 restaurants to dine at.
We stayed here in the middle of our trip then came back and stayed at the end as well.
Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Julie J,
I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write and let us know of your positive experience.
I will inform all our staff of your positive feedback and we are looking forward to seeing you again when you next travel to Phuket.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Myself, Wife and 2 our 2 girls (6 and 4) stayed in a pool cabana room Fri 11th Jul till Fri 18th Jul.
The room had 2 Queen sized beds, which at first wasn't sure about sleeping in the same room as our kids. However, we found that by having the private patio with small pool was perfect for sitting out on after the kids were asleep.
The room was a good size and the bathroom was very big with an outside shower also. To be honest I thought the outside shower would be better at the front, because with it out the back you already are walking through the bathroom and past the indoor shower anyway? So I would always use that. Not a criticism, just seemed a bit odd.
The kids loved the private pool, and when they weren't in there they were in the lagoon pool for most of the day using the waterslides (As well as myself haha).
The hotel is excellent, the Buffet breakfast was huge and if you aren't happy with the selection you really are way too picky.
With this room we had an option of utilising the patio area for a private BBQ with a chef, Sanur (Didn't have to use chef but was only 500 baht), and this was a highlight of our stay for dinner.
The prices around the hotel weren't too bad, obviously cheaper outside but still not extravagant.
We utilised the Baht Bonanza (Paid 10,000 got 5,000 free) and we were glad we did. Initially weren't going to, but with a couple of lazy days poolside and at the pool bar, wife using a couple of spa treatments, it was great.
Overall this hotel was above our expectations and I would stay here again if in Karon, in fact I don't think I would stay anywhere else.
It's in a great spot too, with everything either at your door or a short stroll left or right.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Management77, General Manager at Centara Karon Resort Phuket, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear CaptainBang,
I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us at Centara Karon Beach Resort. Your comments re the outside shower make sense to me. I must say I loved your comment re our breakfast. There is no doubt the selection is huge, fresh and tasty. The vast majority of our guests are impressed by our breakfast offer everyday. I am also happy to see you liked the Cabana room and I am glad to see you found our prices reasonable. As an international hotel we pride our self on quality and the 15-20% increase in price as compared with street food is in my opinion a very reasonable one. Guests can be assured of food safety as well.
I hope we can welcome you back to visit soon.
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We spent ten days there in July, on 4th floor facing street. Some nights heard a bit of noise from street, but view entertaining and had small view of sea. Room fine, bed had topper pad on to soften mattress obviously. Could have been a bit thicker as bed still felt bit firm some nights. Buffet breakfast extensive always ate far more than needed. Restaurants good, staff very friendly and professional. Regular bar staff at Mix bar great personalities, great service. Liked the location of resort, local neighbourhood good to explore, and fairly quick to get to Patong and Phuket.

Room Tip: Rooms facing into resort may be quieter, but wouldn't have as interesting a view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear havefun255118,
I appreciate you taking the time to rate us. Of course I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay.
You are correct that we provide toppers for the bests this is a brand standard of Centara Hotels and Resorts. You may not know that we also provide a pillow menu for guests as well. I appreciate the comments re beds and can assure you we are looking to replace some of the harder units in the near future.
I am glad you liked the location and I agree its very convenient for guests.
I do hope you can visit again soon. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the future.
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We are about to go back for our third visit to Centara Karon. Each time we have travelled during August and we have been unable to find anywhere that comes close in value for money. We love the Karon area and it feels like coming back to home away from home- beautiful hotel in a comparatively quiet culdesac. Love the proximity to restaurants, shops, ATMs etc without being in the craziness of Patong. Hopefully this next trip measures up to the last. Can't wait!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Indamorrow,
thank you for taking the time to rate us AGAIN! We love your support and thank you for your kindness. The staff here know you well and enjoy seeing you but in particular they have mentioned to me that they like your friendly attitude towards them. In Thailand the people will always treat friendliness with friendliness. We will do our very best to sustain our friendly service for your return trip.
We are looking forward to seeing you again when you are next in Karon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Were currently still here we leave hia wednesday 31/07/2014. We found our stay here wonderfull theres nothing we can really default about this resort. We were in the family deluxe tropicale rooms it sounds flashy and big but its rather small, not that it bothered us cause we only use the room 2 sleep in and cool down. 2 double beds and a cot we have 3 kids so caterd good 4 us in that perspective. And it was my birthday on monday 28/07 and i received a free complimentry drink and a big card with alot of the resorts staff best wishes 2 me. I thought that was really nice, staff 2 us were nice and the resort has a nice tropical vibe. If looking 4 a place 2 stay we reccomend this place with out question :)

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Management77, General Manager at Centara Karon Resort Phuket, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Tumate T,
Thank you for taking the time to rate us here on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will certainly let our staff know. They will find your feedback very motivational.
Please visit us again if you are ever in Phuket.
Travel safely home and enjoy the rest of your stay.
Austin

Been to Centara Karon Resort Phuket? Share your experiences!