“Awesome hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Centara Karon Resort Phuket

You added Centara Karon Resort Phuket to your Saves list
Centara Karon Resort Phuket
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   502/3 Patak Road | Karon Beach, Karon, Phuket Town, Phuket 83100, Thailand (Formerly Central Karon Beach Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Life should be rewarding
Ranked #12 of 72 Hotels in Karon
Melbourne
“Awesome hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2008

My new hubby stayed at the centar Karon for out honeymoon and it was such a wonderful hotel! we didn't have a single problem, we where treated so well! we stayed in the pool cabanas which is well worth the extra money. Great hotel we would definatly stay there again!

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (671)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2008

JFR Glasgow Scotland:
My buddy and I spent 11 nights here from the 5th of April.
We had booked 2 single rooms and were given 2 large
comfortable rooms on the 6th floor.The rooms were better than we expected with walk in wardrobes and panoramic windows looking out to sea over the rooftops.We found the service to
be very good.The rooms were kept clean and the service was good.The one drawback was the charge of 1000 BHT imposed if you chose to bring a friend in for the night.Other than that I thought it was an excelent hotel.
Our trip covered the Thai New Year and water festival.This was great fun and everyone in the town joined in with everyone getting wet.A great day that helped make a great holiday.

• Liked — Rooms
  • Disliked — Charges
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
Bintan Island, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2008

If you are coming here for honeymoon, this is definitely a good place for you. We actually booked for deluxe room, however was not very satisfied. We found out that we were given 2 queen beds in the room and a lot of mosquitos found in this room type due to lagoon view. moreover the furniture looks so old.

The day after we went to front desk to pay a little bit more to get an upgrade to honeymoon suite. This suite is just over my expection. Its really "Wow'".... contemporary design, sea view, a jacuzzi and a decorated love shape flower on the bed. Its just really what we want. really really nice... and value for money too. If I got a chance to stay in this hotel I would recommend to go for Honeymoon suite.

• Liked — The Honeymoon Suite, Friendly Staffs (Service), Spa, Location !!
  • Disliked — The Lagoon view rooms (a lot of mosquitos) & old furniture especially the toilet
  • Stayed March 2008
Bournemouth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2008

First thing to mention - DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL DURING THE 1ST WEEK OF MARCH and I'll explain why later ....

We stayed in The Cabanas and were very pleased that we had upgraded to this accomodation. The room was clean, spacious & the opportunity to use our own jacuzzi was a bonus. The breakfast was excellent - so much choice and we booked the airport transfer directly with the hotel for 950baht - again all went smoothly.

Our main problem occured every night from the 3rd March until we left on 8th March. Unbeknown to us, the temple located behind the hotel has an outdoor music celebration every night during the first week of March each year. The music started at 6.30pm and finished anywhere between 1.00am and 3.00am - not fun especially when the stage and sound equipment backed onto our rooms and the feedback from the base made the windows and floor vibrate! The hotel made no attempt to communicate with the guests to explain or apologise for the situation and whilst they are directly not to blame it would have been useful if this could have been mentioned on their website.

That said, we had a fantastic holiday and despite the lack of sleep really enjoyed our time in Phuket. The shopping was excellent although a piece of advice - goods aren't priced in the markets so if you see something you like then you have to strike up a conversation with the seller anyway. Although the shopping was good in Karon, the choice in Patong was far better. A tuk-tuk or taxi was 400baht each way and took about 10 minutes to get there. We went to Jungceylon and generally found that fixed priced clothes/shoes/designer sunglasses were the same as the UK. I had also read on various reviews that suncream was cheaper than the UK but I found it to be comparable and there wasn't the choice available that we have here. I did buy Olay products at Carrefour and the average price for regenerist/total effect products were 400baht.

Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone and would be more than happy to stay there again if we went to Phuket, however I would contact the hotel before booking to see if there are any events planned at the temple unless of course you like to survive on 5 hours sleep :-)

• Liked — Cleanliness & Spacious Room
  • Disliked — Noise - See Review
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Watford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2008

I stayed here on my own and was pleasantly surprised. It was billed as a 3 star by my travel agent but bits of it are very pretty and the facilities and staff attitude are far more akin to 4 star resorts I have stayed at in Asia. Downsides are the highrise tower takes away the tranquiel feel of the place, getting a sunbed after 7am. I complained that I had still been suffering from the time delay got up at 7 am and there was not 1 available sunbed in any of the 3 pools yet there was not one person sitting by any of the 3 either. When will hotels stop this ridiculous ritual of people putting there towels out at the crack of dawn then going on trips or to the beach returning in the afternoon. To be fair following my complaint they did reserve a sunbed for me from there on in. Breakfast was ok but I had to ask for coffee everyday where normally the waiters are milling around and refilling your cup after every sip. Rooms very clean and reasonably modern. Very central location. Tons of bars and restaurants seconds away. As a solo traveller was surprised at how many girly bars there were. Felt a bit sleazy and not what I expected or wanted to see. It put me off going into a great many of the bars. After all this is not Patpong but the fat 70 year old scandanavian and german fella's seemed to like it in there. Overall though pleased with my experience

• Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2008

I stayed with my friends 7nights from end of January till early February 2008. I booked 2 Premier deluxe rooms which is 2nd best category rooms they offer which include Central Plus lounge benefit.

First of all, I had a problem in housekeeping services.
Don't expect too much from housekeeping. They only change the towels and bedsheets. They never clean the bathtub.
Somtimes they don't restock shampoos and conditioner and etc.

Secondly, some staff can't understand english. I called operator to book the shuttle bus to Patong and even confirmed how I'm going to pay the payment however my booking weren't exist when I arrived in Lobby.

Thirdly inconsistency on hot water supply. Sometimes hot water didn't come out and temperature is vary depends on when you take the shower.

Lastly I ordered 2 juices and 1 cup of coffee in Mix bar. They took 13 minutes to serve us. Even there weren't any other customers except us.(By the way there were three bar attendants to serve us).

However they have good facilities. 3 swimming pools and 2 restaurants and SPA Cenvaree

Spa packages were cheaper than elsewhere and the services were excellent. You have to book early at least 1 day advance.

Do I want to stay in that hotel again? I'll say no.

By the way, It's not worth to pay more to upgrade to Premium Deluxe Guest Rooms. Because;

In Centara website, they say "Premium Deluxe Guest Rooms
featuring twice daily maid service including evening turndown service, private bathroom with bath and shower, bathrobe and slippers, colour TV with satellite channels and in-house movies, mini bar, in-room safe and complimentary tea and coffee maker."

I never had twice daily maid service including evening turndown service while I was staying 7 nights in there , no bathrobe, no slippers in the room.

• Liked — Room was spacious
  • Disliked — Housekeeping services
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Worcs, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2008

Well, what can I say - we want to move in to this place it was just so perfect, neither of us ever wanted to leave!

On arrival we were greeted with a glass of juice and advised of their special offer upgrade package. For an extra £10 a night we were given a cabana room - a little bungalow with its own garden and spa pool, huge bedroom, bathroom and outside shower. Each night we got free drinks delivered to the room along with little canapes and as much tea and coffee as you could manage. It was idylic - especially as sometimes all 3 pool areas were a bit overcrowded.

The gym was amazing - fully equipped and airconditioned so the ideal place to burn off the calories from the gorgeous food (and drink) we'd had the night before! The staff in the hotel were all very friendly and couldn't do enough for you.

The hotel was also in a great location, right in the centre of Karon but set far enough back for it not to be disturbed by any of the noise. We'd read in the Lonely Planet that Karon was a bit quiet with not much nightlife but there was plenty for us. OK, no big nightclubs like in Pattong so probably not the place to go if that's what you're after. But there were plenty of bars and lovely places to eat - plus a few good late night food stalls if you had a few too many and missed dinner!!

We only went to the beach once and it was a bit scary - rows of parasols and beds, you could hardly see any sand. There were some nice places along the front to have lunch though.

We went for a massage in one of the places just outside the hotel - my husband had a leg massage which has improved his running no end (especially after she trimmed his talons!!) I went for the Thai option - oh my! I never knew I was so bendy - I felt like a pretzel - not very relaxing but quite an experience!

We did a boat trip out to the islands (not Phi Phi as we'd heard it got too busy) and had a great day snorkelling and lying on the pristine white beaches.

Our only regret was not staying for longer but we left knowing that we would definitley return one day (soon hopefully!!!)

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Centara Karon Resort Phuket? Share your experiences!