Well, what can I say - we want to move in to this place it was just so perfect, neither of us ever wanted to leave!
On arrival we were greeted with a glass of juice and advised of their special offer upgrade package. For an extra £10 a night we were given a cabana room - a little bungalow with its own garden and spa pool, huge bedroom, bathroom and outside shower. Each night we got free drinks delivered to the room along with little canapes and as much tea and coffee as you could manage. It was idylic - especially as sometimes all 3 pool areas were a bit overcrowded.
The gym was amazing - fully equipped and airconditioned so the ideal place to burn off the calories from the gorgeous food (and drink) we'd had the night before! The staff in the hotel were all very friendly and couldn't do enough for you.
The hotel was also in a great location, right in the centre of Karon but set far enough back for it not to be disturbed by any of the noise. We'd read in the Lonely Planet that Karon was a bit quiet with not much nightlife but there was plenty for us. OK, no big nightclubs like in Pattong so probably not the place to go if that's what you're after. But there were plenty of bars and lovely places to eat - plus a few good late night food stalls if you had a few too many and missed dinner!!
We only went to the beach once and it was a bit scary - rows of parasols and beds, you could hardly see any sand. There were some nice places along the front to have lunch though.
We went for a massage in one of the places just outside the hotel - my husband had a leg massage which has improved his running no end (especially after she trimmed his talons!!) I went for the Thai option - oh my! I never knew I was so bendy - I felt like a pretzel - not very relaxing but quite an experience!
We did a boat trip out to the islands (not Phi Phi as we'd heard it got too busy) and had a great day snorkelling and lying on the pristine white beaches.
Our only regret was not staying for longer but we left knowing that we would definitley return one day (soon hopefully!!!)
- Also Known As:
- Centara Karon Resort Phuket Hotel
- Centara Karon Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Karon Hotel Phuket
- Centara Hotel Karon
- Centara Karon Resort Phuket
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Venere, Otel, Fastbooking and Fareportal so you can book your Centara Karon Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.