“Love the concept but disappointed with the newly bred GOs” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Phuket

Save Saved
You added Club Med Phuket to your Saves list
Club Med Phuket
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   20/10 Kata Road, Kata Beach, Muang, Kata Beach (Phuket), 83100 | Karon, A. Muang, Karon, Phuket Town, Phuket 83100 , Thailand   |
Special Offer
All-Inclusive Packages
Ranked #23 of 73 hotels in Karon
Singapore
“Love the concept but disappointed with the newly bred GOs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have always loved the Club Med concept and lifestyle - fun, vibrant, exhilarating, all-inclusive and the buffet spread! I have visited and stayed at 11 Club Med Villages globally and have always come up smiling and in dire need of extra vacation days to get over a fantastic holiday.

Club Med Phuket was no exception, however, this is the only Village I found a few flaws that can be corrected eventually.

Luggage delivery took almost and hour and 20 mins because the GOs did not tag my luggage. Make sure it is tagged in front of you.

I stayed in the Sukothai Block and the rooms definitely need to be re-furbished. The bathrooms are old with stained that cannot be removed from the tiles and the wooden doors are cracked and produced a musty smell. During my week stay, I encountered 3 cockroaches running around in the room and thankfully for the insecticide that was provided, managed to disposed them.

The balconey chaise lounge was stained with birds droppings and was not cleaned / cleared during my stay.

The Zen Pool is a plus - loved it! However, speaking to the GOs, most of the team are new working with the Club ranging from 2 weeks to 3 months and their first village. Thus the poor vibrancy that you would expect from the GOs. They were shy and don't have the drive. What happened to the good old days of the GOs? I must admit some gave their heart out to serve us and kudos to them.

Overall, I am sure Club Med will eventually review these issues and I for one will definitely visit another Club Med soon.

Room Tip: I was told some of the room blocks have been renovated, so ask for the newer rooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

890 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Shanghai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We have just returned from our holiday at Club Med Phuket. Fantastic place. Food was very good with lot of choice everyday and for every meal. Team is very nice. Always kind and smiling. Excellent destination for families. Children can enjoy on several activities. A big thanks and special mention to the Flying Trapese team. Don't miss this activity to do with your children. Flying Trapeze team is really nice, professional and made this holiday unforgettable. We would like to choose this resort again.
Only negative point the pickup arrangement: not only our ClubMed agency in Turin forgot to arrange it but the check in / checkout manager at the resort didn't show any Customer attitude on the way to manage the case.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My partner, Thinus and I spent a week at this resort in late October this year after a week in Patong Beach and before we moved on to Hong Kong for 3 days.
Now let me tell you this; we had a "full on" blast. Great vibe (all day & night), awesome food, perfect location and very professional staff ALL ROUND !!
As requested we stayed mid way between the recreation/pool/dining area (block R), and the Zen Pool/Private restaurant. Perfect positioning. The room was as expected from Club Med but the resort was beautifully manicured and clean. I am shattered that anyone can complain about the food at either restaurant as the selection is extensive and the quality outstanding.
The executive chef is hands on and the waitrons are friendly.The entertainment, sport and activities allow something for every age and culture, unless you are THAT kind of traveller !!
Our vacation was made even more memorable from the GO staff who we interacted with regularly. Big smile Guy, Aaron the abs man, Kate the Baywatch lifeguard and way cool snorkeling GO, Jose Luise a genteman and social attribute, newby Jack at the pool, Micky styled at the bar and all the rest in otherways.
The beach is awesome and any fuss over the road in front of the beach is unfound and picky to say the least. Go back, oh yea, we busy getting a group together for next year !! Thank you General Manager and staff for a most styling and enjoyable vacation. Whooo Hooo Club Med Phuket !!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the Zen pool side are better suited for the chill/less noise guests. A good balance of dis...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

First of all, I'd like to share my great experience with you.

I went to Phuket CLUB MED with my friends and family in June.
In short, it was so GREAT. Especially,food was fantastic. And other water acivity was also nice.

The meals were great, everyday and night we enjoyed a lot with different style of food.

I think food and bed room can judge/tell almost everything of the trip.

For me, at least food part of Phuket CLUB MED. I can give them 120 points out of 100 point..!!

Again, thank you VERY much all the services. One great point from the kitchen was someone looks like captain in the kitchen kept checking the quality of food and get some feed back from the people. It was very much impressive. No one was doing like that from my past trips.

In addition, I have 2 kids who love to play in the water. Chicken nugget and fries from pool side were just good enough to treat the kids while ther are play in the water.

I strongly recommend the Phuket CLUB MED if you are planning in near future.

Jake

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We have just returned from 10 days at club med phuket where my wife and i celebrated our wedding with 30 of our family. All i can say is the place is awesome. The food was excellent every meal and when we booked the chuda restaurant for our ceremony we could never imagined that they would serve the best meal our our lives. The kids absolutely love the place and all the activity's. Definitely starting to save straight away for our next holiday at club med.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Incheon, Incheon, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This year I planned to go family trip in July celebrating second's child birthday and 30's wedding anniversary of parent-in-law. My cousin who visited club-med in phuket recommended the same place for my family's holiday.

It was a pleasant time in Culb-med, Phuket because there was no additional charge for several activities. Father-in-law and I enjoyed snorkeling taking a boat about 30 minutes from beach.

My family all satisfied the accomodation and food. Before I planned the family trip, I worried about the food because my daugther was just 2 years and parents-in-law have only lived in Korea. They haven't had any chance to go abroad for 60 years. But the food was nice and there were Korean and Japanese foods in every meals. Parents-in-law and my family all enjoyed the foods in resort not only Korean foods but also western style foods.

Last day of resort, we were sitting at the restaurant for eating last dinner. That day, we were a little hurry to meet the shuttle bus time to airport. We didn't have enough time to bring beef steak which was a main dishes of the day. But, main shef brought several dishes of beef steak for my family because I couldn't move caring my senond baby. It was a very good taste of beef steak and my dauther also enjoyed the beef steak. I appreciate the kindness of the main shef, maybe his name is Labin. Thanks Labin.

I like Club-med because all activities can enjoy within the resort.
It was a nice trip for our family. ^^

Room Tip: Food in culb-med, Phuket was delicious and all shef are kind. Especially you can meet the Korean Gio...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We went late July this year for 7 nights. Expectations were high, we had travelled as a family to club med Bin Tan previously (4 yrs earlier). Upon arrival, we were a little disappointed with the general condition of the resort, it just didn't seem as polished or renovated as we had been led to believe. We soon determined to just enjoy ourselves and on day 1 put all the kids into various kids clubs, we never saw them again until dinner last day! My wife and I enjoyed relaxing by the zen pool (no kids allowed in that area of the resort) and generally doing very little. Club Med is not for everyone, but if you are young at heart and like to have lot's of activiies to do or not to do, the staff make it so much fun, our children loved it and want to go back, although we would probably try Bali next time for something different. Having Patong just a short taxi ride away meant we could get out of the resort and shop, eat something different and local and just take a break from resort living from time to time. Would definately recommend to anyone with kids or couples wanting to relax and have meals activities catered for

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Club Med Phuket? Share your experiences!