“I've been to better hotel with better service for the price.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Woraburi Resort Spa Phuket

You added Woraburi Resort Spa Phuket to your Saves list
Woraburi Resort Spa Phuket
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   198/200 Patak Road | Karon Beach, Muang District, Karon, Phuket Town, Phuket 83100, Thailand   |
Ranked #49 of 72 Hotels in Karon
Kuala Lumpur
“I've been to better hotel with better service for the price.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights. The first impression of the hotel that it looks a bit old. Noticed that a lot of the building facilities looking worn down. The swimming pool looks a bit murky. Not sure it was because of the rain but still I am afraid to take a dip into the pool. We booked a deluxe room. The shower didn't have constant hot water and at times only cold water. On second day, there was no water sometime in the afternoon. Fortunately we had taken our shower. I noticed that not all staff were smiling. Seems that some are not happy. Most of the different department don't go over their boundary for service. We were at the reception lounge waiting and we requested for a cup of hot water but the guy asked us to go to the restaurant. One night it was raining, and we requested to borrow an umbrella at the reception, the guy said we must take out from our own room (Our room was at the end of the hotel). Our room also was a bit dusty as both my wife and myself ended up with a blocked nose. But the room cleaning did a good job as I noticed that it was better the next day after I requested specifically for a vacuum. Breakfast buffet is quite standard. Nothing to shout about but should get it in your package as the restaurants nearby open quite late.

Location is great. Go for the Ging restaurant and Bai Toey restaurant next to it. (after subway turn left into the plaza.)

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Orange, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I recently returned from a two week holiday staying at the Woraburi in Phuket. The resort was absolutely amazeballs! Great location (next to markets, restaurants (GINGS restaurant is a must.. Big Mommas the best). Just opposite the motel you have Karon Beach, Tuk Tuks and taxi's (for those who expect to be picked up from your motel door 'get a life and walk out the front! it wont hurt you!'... Staff at this motel were fantastic, so helpful especially 'U' he serviced our room daily, everything was always clean and restocked.. Perfect service! Ladies at reception would always smiling, and were happy to help us whenever we needed 'A big thank you' as on the last day of our stay we had forgotten to print our flight itinierys and they had let us use their computers. Ladies at the in house Spa were the best, always gentle and helpful beautiful tea after you got your massage! Thanks Ladies, you were amazing!
Hotel staff, bar staff and Lobby boys... big thank you for making my time in Thailand enjoyable, please everyone who reads these reviews, "you should never judge a book by its cover, as its whats on the inside that counts." This hotel may not look like much, but its truly the most amazing hotel that ive stayed at! we stayed in the Cabana Pool Access rooms, we had our private balcony and swim up bar just around the corner! (Thanks Mo, U, Sam, Mint, Golf & Tee!) i will be back to visit again! I Absolutely love THAILAND! But hate the russians!!! :)

Room Tip: Cabana Pool access rooms ROCK!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Overall the stay was decent for me but definitely not for the super fussy.

We arrive early at 12 noon but was told that the room was not ready. Therefore we went for lunch and some massage before heading back for a check in at around 1.30 pm. Front desk was helpful and we check in to our room.

However, upon checking in, we found out that there were some drilling going on at the units beneath us. Requested for a room change but was turn down due to full occupancy. Next, we found out that the wooden railing in the balcony was chipping off quit badly. Didn't really matter to me as the only time I was in the balcony was for a smoke, so didn't do anything about it.

Following day, during check out we requested for a taxi to Patong. Was told that taxi would arrive in 15 min but end up waiting for 30min. Nevertheless front office was helpful in providing information throughout our stay.

Overall would still return to try their cabana pool access rooms. Location was superb as well. But definitely not for the fussy one.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
nsw
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

In April i enjoyed the most wonderful two week holiday in Phuket staying at the Woraburi.
The resort is location, location location! wonderfully close to the markets, shops and beaches
The staff couod not do enough for us, they made me feel very welcome and very comfortable.
The Cabana rooms with pool access are a must. well done Woraburi, thanks for a great holiday I will return and reccomend this resort to anyone

Room Tip: Cabana - pool access rooms were fantastic.
Orange
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have recently returned from a two week holiday in Phuket staying at the Woraburi.
I was quite worried after pre paying for the stay at this resort and reading some of the reviews on Trip advisor. My concerns all went away from the moment I arrived at the Woraburi.

The resort is situated directly across the road from Karon beach so beutiful sunsets were there for the taking every day as well as the sea breeze. There are some fabulous restaurants and shops only metres away from the resort and the in house Spa has treatments that are extremely luxurious at really reasonable rates.

I stayed in a Cabana room with direct pool access which was well worth the extra expense.

The staff were amazing, friendly and helpful. The rooms were a fantastic size with excellent air conditioning, nice bathrooms and are cleaned daily to an exceptional standard. Nothing was a problem to the housekeeping staff; whether it was an extra bath towel or additional pool towels or help with adjusting the fridge temperature.

The pool was absolutely fantastic. It was maintianed really well and was clean and a real pleasure every day.

The food at the Woraburi was really nice with a good selection on the menu, a buffett on offer every night and an excellent selection from the breakfast buffet.

Internet access was included in my room rate and when it came time to pay my account I realised that I had been charged for internet for the two weeks I stayed. When this was pointed out to the reception staff it was immediately dealt with and removed from my account with no arguement or problem at all.

If I have any criticism it would only be that the bed was a little firm for my liking but not enough to bother me greatly or stop me from sleeping well.

Overall I had a fantastic time at the Woraburi; loved my stay there and would recommend it to my friends and family. I would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: Cabana rooms with pool access are well worth it.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Sasitorn P, Manager at Woraburi Resort Spa Phuket, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Ms. R. Lyn,

First of all, thank you for choosing Woraburi Phuket Resort & Spa for your recent stay in Phuket. We have read your review about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write this review, as our guest's satisfaction is our main priority.

It is very important for us that our guest's experiences are shared.

We are very happy to learn that you love our Spa, Restaurant, pool as well as our Hotel Staffs. Your value comment will be share to the entire team.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your collaboration and we hope to see you again soon at Woraburi Phuket Resort & Spa.

Management
Woraburi Phuket Resort & Spa
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Pool was awesome as we had a pool access room, which was great! All staff were extremely helpful and were always smiling! Restaurant was nice,room nice staff nice....Overall great value for money.P.S.:Try the "banana pancake" hmmmyami! :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Had only stayed for a night.Great location.The rooms are very descent with a good view of the pool which is surrounded with frangipini trees.The colorful interiors give it a very cheery feel.
The hourly shuttle service to Patong is another nice add on.
Overall great value for money.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Woraburi Resort Spa Phuket? Share your experiences!