“Nice Hotel to stay in” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa

You added Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   208 / 2, Karon Beach Road | Karon Beach, Karon, Phuket Town, Phuket 83100, Thailand   |
Ranked #11 of 72 Hotels in Karon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Nice Hotel to stay in”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

For my 2nd visit to Phuket , I wanted to stay in more quieter area than Patong. I stayed here for 2 nights with 14 member of my family (mom, brother& sister with their kids) on the last week of June 2013...
The room is large & facing the garden, the breakfast is plentiful, it is so close to the beach and just minutes walk to the road filled with restaurant and bars and people selling stuff... so it's not so left out but not as crowded as Patong.
But the staff doesn't really understand English and internet was out of service during my stay, it makes the free internet access so useless. And the "damp smell" when you first enter the room is my biggest complaint. It's like no body clean the AC....
And when we go out swimming in the pool, there's a fogging for mosquito going on right on the sitting bench area of the pool. One of the tourist ,who was reading at that time,got so disturbed and yell at the staff and asked him to leave.. which is right actually, because the hotel should put some notice or something when they wanted to do the fogging-- just to let people know when is the best time to stay in pool area without having to be chase away by the fogging man.
Other than that, this can be a great hotel to stay in...

Room Tip: choose the room that is on the ground level, easier to go in and out especially when you have the el...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Karon Sea Sand ... M, Owner at Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Ovie_Savitry,

Thank you for your comments and please accept our sincere apologies. The staff do speak English but since they are no so confident, they can be a little shy.

About the internet we can only hope that the dedicated line from the local agencies work all the time but that is not controlled by us, so sometimes when it rains, the internet can go off.

We always write a note in the room about our mosquito fogging which is on every week and on the same day, and we advise people to close their rooms and try not be around in the public areas, but now we will make sure that we inform all the guests repeatedly.

We assure you all your comments are taken seriously and will be fixed immediately, and we look forward to seeing you soon back to stay with us.

jaspal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The staff was very friendly. They set up an airport-hotel transfer for the same price as if we had tried to negotiate it on its own. The food at the restaurant is delicious. The staff was helpful, professional, and courteous. We booked out day trips through the front desk at very affordable prices. Would recommend getting a massage on the beach. We got massages from the woman who is set up at the beach almost directly across from the hotel - best massage ever for $10USD.

Room Tip: The rooms with pool access are fun, but expensive. The ground level rooms on the courtyard offer equ...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Karon Sea Sand ... M, Owner at Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear d98sara,

Thank you for your comments and kind words. We hope you had a great time in Phuket, and with us and that we contributed to some of your happy memories.

We look forward to seeing you soon again with us for your next holidays.

Take care and brgds,

Mandurah, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

We got a 6 night package from Perth and disappeared for 3 days and two nights to do an Amazing Bikes Tour in Krabi. The hotel stored our luggage at no charge and is was kept safe and at no charge, until our return. Fantastic! I emailed the hotel to make sure it would be OK - at other hotels they have not allowed this. We love this hotel and will definately stay again.
However, two reservations:
1 - At 5:30pm tonight, Thurs 27/06/13 and without warning an employee came around the pool area spraying for mozzies. This was not targeted spraying, and was noisy, steamy and a chemical stench still pervades the area (7pm). While I appreciate that mozzies need to be sprayed, the nature, timing (pool well used at the time), and lack of warning needs to be addressed.
2 - At 8:30am the first morning back from the bike trip the phone rang and an English voice told me it was Jeremy from hotel guest relations and to drop by and see him at the front desk. He then sought us out at breakfast and subsequent breakfasts, telling us that he had vouchers to save us money and that during our travels further afield he could also save us money, just to give him 5 minutes. We felt harrassed, and we come INTO the hotel to get away from that. The Thai people on the travel desk do a great job, we know they are there and if we need help we ask.

And having had a couple of whinges as I sit in room 101, this is STILL a lovely hotel and yes as long as we will not be harrassed in future, we will most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Womblewa,

Thank you for your comments. We are acting upon it as I write.

We have decided to inform every room and put out displays for the mozzie / pest control spray in the public areas now. This is apart from the written instructions in the rooms and the reception about it, just in case people miss the notice.

Also we apologize for the guests relations enthusiasm. Such things will not ever happen again, we promise, to any of our guests.

We also hope you enjoyed your time in Krabi. In fact since we are also keen about biking, our next idea is to have mountain bikes in the resort for guests who would like to explore the area on their own power.............still working on it, but please stay tuned in.

Thank you again for your kind comments and we look forward to seeing you soon again here with us.

With brgds,

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed here for six nights in June 2013 and had a very good time, the room was perfect and always clean, the service by the staff was excellent and the location was great. My only thought was that it be great if they had a shuttle bus to Patong each night at 6-7 as the tuk-tuk mafia started to get costly after a few trips. Going to Keep an eye out for the next group-on deal so I come again next year with a few friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Karon Sea Sand ... M, Owner at Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Kingofcrob,

Thank you for your kind words and comments. We try our best to make sure that you enjoy your stay with us and would do so always.

We will take your suggestion about the shuttle bus as we do have a few requests, but there are some logistics that we have to sort out first.

Anyways we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you and your nears and dears back with us for another holidays, even through direct mailing to us for specials for returning guests.

Wagga Wagga, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have just returned from a 2 Week stay at the Karon Sea Sands and I have to say it was an excellent place to holiday, the facilities were really good especially the pool I had a poolside room and it was awesome! worth paying that little bit extra.
The service from all the staff are extremely accommodating and they were always eager to help with anything, the breakfast bar in the morning was great and had a very good variety which was a treat! Top to bottom it was a great place to stay and I will be recommending it for anyone going to Thailand! I also wanted to mention that every Friday night the owners Jaspal and his lovely wife put on a meet and greet cocktail party followed by a curry night I thought that was a really good that they wanted to come and meet the people staying as well as have a drink, that alone made me want to come back again just great people.
And for everything else restaurants and shopping is very close and it's only about a 10-15 minute Tuk Tuk from Patong Totally worth the stay!
( and a special shout out to Eak and Not the poolside bartenders, they are absolute superstars made the trip that little bit better with their excellent service and humor during our stay, keep up the good work boys!)

Room Tip: Pool room is the way to go, worth paying the little bit more!
Dear Brogan F,

Thank you so much for your kind and wonderful comments. It keeps us on our toes to do better and motivates the staff too.

I hope you had a great stay and holidays and we look forward to welcoming you back soon and to a few more Curry Nights.......;)

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights at one of the pool access rooms. The room itself is spacious and very clean. Upon arrival for checkin, we were greeted by a friendly staff and was offered a cold drink and wet towel. Once we were shown to our room, we were given fresh fruits. Overall it was a great experience. The hotel is basically across the road from the beach and not far from the main shops and restaurant. Having direct pool access was great, so convenient as we can just hop into the pool anytime. A different variety of choices for breakfast and eggs cooked upon request.

The only complaint I had was the lack of communication when I made a complaint about the air condition not working at night. During the day, the aircon works fine, however at night it will switch off. On the third day, the heat at night was unbearable, the room was like a sauna and I couldn't sleep, this was at about 3am. When I called reception, they promptly sent down the maintenance man to have a look. He turned the dial on the aircon and then left, 15mins later I called reception again and reception said the aircon was fixed, but this not the case. Reception said he'll find out what's happening.. I waited for another 15-20mins and still didn't get an answer from reception. I had to call again to find out what's happening...It took about 3 calls and over 30mins before reception came down and suggested we spend the night in the next room where the aircon works. I can understand that they might not be able to fix the aircon that night but reception not being able to keep me in the loop and communicate with me was a bit frustrating.

Room Tip: Direct pool access after a day out in the heat was a godsend.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Drakewen,

Thank you for your comments and also about the miscommunication. Sometimes the staff can be so, but please allow me a few days to check and revert back with details.

Anyways we would still like to apologize for the mishap and will make it up to you next when you are here with us or any of your loved ones stay here.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Very nice hotel for the money you pay. No complaints at all. Rooms, cleanliness, pool, food, breakfast, location, services - all is good. Not far from the main public Karon beach - once you get out of hotel lobby & straight ahead in 100m (remember that beach chairs there THB$100 per use - always have some cash with you!). Hotel's pool is great, strongly recommend to try&book rooms with "pool access" - just from your balcony you can get into pool, its very awesome!
Wireless/internet access - you have to purchase, but it was not expensive. Wifi was working well and stable [however once my phone got to lock, it didn't reconnected with the same login/pass and I had to reconnect&enter credentials again - maybe office owners can fix it with their IT team, was a little bit annoying thing]. Hotel has several PCs with Ubuntu in their lobby so you can use them together with your wifi-internet login/pass to access the web.
Hotel is really not far from local Karon shops and bars, 5 minutes walk near Karon Circle (get out of hotel lobby, a li. ATMs, currency exchange, mini-marts - all is nearby and very convenient. Lots of food places around, try whatever you want. Several massage places, tried several of them (as fan of Thai massage) - all were good (local hotel spa seems to be overpriced but still great service).
Several tour guides/shops around, not bad, get some to bring in some events for your vacation.
Lots of tuk-tuks nearby are waiting for you to go anywhere. Through my trip, also saw lots of people renting/driving bikes there - however I think it is lame and quite dangerous, every day I saw accidents with bikes. So I say - tuk-tuk or taxi if you need to get somewhere.
Great place, if you want proper services and safety, for not-so-high price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Karon Sea Sand ... M, Owner at Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear Mihas G,

Thank you for your kind comments. We will re check our IT system and internet services and make sure things are working properly, but still my apologies to have caused you some distress.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our resort and we look forward to seeing you soon again.

Please do check our website / facebook to see your pictures taken in the resort to remind you of your great holidays in Karon and Phuket.

Take care and brgds,

jaspal

Been to Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!