“Excellent choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Karona Resort & Spa

You added Karona Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Karona Resort & Spa
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   6 Soi Karon Soi 2 | Phuket, Karon, Phuket Town, Phuket 83100, Thailand   |
Ranked #42 of 72 Hotels in Karon
Leirvik, Norway
“Excellent choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

really enjoyed this hotel, everything about it is top class. The staff are so helpful, the rooms are very clean and the location is perfect as well. I would recommend this hotel to anyone without reservation.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Located across the street from Karon Beach and within walking distance to many restaurants and bars. Rooms are basic, but clean and comfortable. The pool is inviting and has plenty of lounge chairs. Only ate breakfast at the restaurant which was buffet style with plenty to choose from. Wifi worked well in our room, but best at the pool and lobby area. Staff were friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Москва, Россия
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Except of 3 accidents, all was as good as expected. Staff was very careful and attentive. Room condition was good, housekeeping was daily. Almost all the staff have bad English, but its enough to talk about basic needs.
Wifi is free but because of Thai laws you must request it for one device in a room.
Less than 5 minutes to Karon Beach and 15 to Kata Beach.
I think, this hotel is a good option for young group of friends, who searches for cheap and cozy resort and doesn't afraid of some adventures.

About "adventures".
We came to the restorant once and obtained garlic bread with a mold. The waiter apologized and brought a whole plate of toasts, but it spoiled all impression from the lunch. Have not visited it again.

Next day cleaning lady throwed my friend's toothbrush in the trash. I could not understand why she did that. They apologized and gave us the new brush.

During our checking out they tried to take the money for the beach bag, that we allegedly picked up. But we hadn't really seen and used it. After all the administrator abandoned her claims when I reminded theirs previous faults.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Myself and two friends stayed here whilst on holiday and we were blown away by the wonderful service we received from all of the staff here, they went out if their way to remember our preferences like which beverage we preferred if we liked tea or coffee with breakfast!
Especially miss Ya who usually works the breakfast and lunch shift, Mr Lift at reception and Mr Wee at the front desk, they shared such amazing hospitality with us and made our holiday so much more memorable.
The resort itself is clean, comfortable and a very relaxing environment, we will definitely stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My friend and I booked a deluxe sea-view room for three nights just last week. It was our first stay here after several years, during which we went to different beaches in Phuket and stayed in various hotels. The place was much as we remembered -- a nice big room (which had a queen bed and a single bed, plus a bay window seat). The free wifi (which had pretty strong signals though it allowed only one gadget to be logged on at a time) was an improvement, as was the flat-screen TV offering news channels in English plus a couple of entertainment channels in English. Gone, however, were the spa-quality toiletries in little pottery containers that came with the room and the outdoor jacuzzi just by the poolside bar. So the place has gone a tad utilitarian, but it still has its charm -- like the view from the cool comfort of the room, including the wonderful view of sunset and of the beach with crashing waves in the distance and silhouettes of palm trees nearer. The windows and balcony door were nicely sound-proofed, so we heard nothing of the music from the restaurant in the evening with the windows and door closed. The air-con was a little spotty on the second night, but the hotel had it fixed after we told the staff of the problem. Breakfast was not luxurious but adequate if you aren't choosy -- eggs cooked while you wait; noodles, rice porridge, stir-fried vegetables, sausages, etc., on warmers; bread, fruit and cereal. The rooms are situated up the slope, accessible via steps outdoors past the pool. So perhaps this makes the place not too suitable for folks who get winded easily nor for kids. But like us, if you like a nice boutique-sized hotel that are free of feisty families or feasting troupes, this isn't too bad a choice... particularly if you're here in the off-peak season... or if like us, you manage to get to stay for three nights on two nights' room charges, with the option of early check-in and late check-out. The location -- near Kata village and a beach-length's walk to the town at the northern end of Karon -- is another plus. Food options, including the restaurant by the beach across the road, and the one five minutes' away on the left of the hotel, are more plus points.

Room Tip: Take the sea-facing rooms on the higher floors for the view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Umag, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My partner and I loved it here.We stayed for 3 nights and couldn't fault anything.The location was great being right on the beach and not far to restaurants,markets etc.Good breakfast!The staff was very helpful and nice.Really enjoyed the 3 nights we spent at the Karona!

Great holiday!

• Stayed September 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Now, before I share my story with you, you should know that I visited Phuket and stayed at this hotel back in May 2006 (despite of the date shown, since the dates on this website don't go that far back!). While there were next to no remnants of the tsunami of a year and a half prior, the hotel was in the process of being renovated, none of which affected my stay, I have to say. The hotel breathes tranquility and even though there are no elevators, there is nothing wrong with a little exercise climbing the stairs up and down... which by the way looked very nice since the steps were very wide and made of some kind of stone. Listen, take it from me: it wasn't THAT high up, okay? If I'm not mistaken, there were 3 floors. My room was a double suite on the first (ground) floor overlooking the pool and the garden, which by the way was well taken care off. Breakfast at the hotel was nice, but if you're like me and like to sample local foods, breakfast was kinda lost on me. I had it maybe twice or 3 times, but it was good and more than sufficient with a wide range of foods to choose from. Now, my room, as stated before, was a double one which I had all to myself. I still remember the beautiful tile in the bathroom and the round stone sink in the room, the very (and I do mean very) heavy desk and stool, which were carved out of a very ancient tree, I presume and they looked superb :) The hotel staff were more than helpful in assisting me in booking my trips to Koh Phi Phi and Phang Nga, among others. Heck, they even left me a birthday cake in my room, which I noticed upon my arrival back from Koh Phi Phi on my birthday... being from the tropics myself, that cake was ant infested, LOL :) BUT: I placed it in the fridge, turned up the temperature that killed those little red ants and baby, I had me some birthday cake, ya hear? LOL :) On the day of my departure Miss Kan and Miss Au even gave me a souvenir from Thailand: a clock which I still have along with the lovely picture of the 3 of us together. All in all my stay at Karona Resort & Spa in Phuket was one I will never forget, one I am eager to re-live and one that I can definitely recommend!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Karona Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!