“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Karon Princess Hotel

You added Karon Princess Hotel to your Saves list
Karon Princess Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   194 Karon Road | Karon Beach, Karon, Phuket Town, Phuket 83100, Thailand   |
Ranked #47 of 72 Hotels in Karon
Oslo
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel. I chose it for its location and price. Staff did not walk around and smile all the time, but still my experience is that they were very helpful and very friendly. And when I forgot my wallet in the reception they immediately phoned to my room and asked me to come and pick it up. Great!

I noticed some people who did not behave well towards the staff, and I guess it is hard to smile and be polite to people who do not behave... In my opinion, it looks like some of the other tripadvisor reviewers are not very fair towards the hotel staff.

I loved the Spa at this hotel. It is really worth a visit!

Room Tip: Check out the SPA.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Thai first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Wish we hadn.t booked this hotel. The reception staff were surly. The restaurant staff couldn't raise a smile. The breakfast was very average and the cups and saucers were stained or chipped. The room ( deluxe ) was a good size but the lighting was totally inadequate. Worst of all was the bathroom, the shower had paint peeling of it , the glass needed a good clean and there were areas of mould .
The whole hotel looks sad and old , it needs an update and new staff.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Got the hotel at a very good rate through Sawadee so was not expecting too much, but seeing as only staying for 2 nights not too bothered. Had a good stay at this hotel. Stayed in the 2nd block away from reception (rm 2207) and was very happy with the room. Large, clean with a balcony. Two very comfortable twin beds (as requested), clean sheets. In-room safe and mini fridge which we used to store our own drinks with no problems. Good powerful shower. Lots of eateries very close to the hotel-come out of the hotel and turn left and you will find that the 1st street on the left, which you cannot miss is full of restaurants. We ate at a couple - chose the busiest and had good food. Reception staff always helpful whenever we asked for anything and we arrranged both airport pick-up and drop-off with reception, both trips without any problems. Across the road from the beach, as are all other hotels around here. Would stay again. Stayed for 2 nights, beginning August 2012.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Auckland Region, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I didn't stay in the hotel so can't comment but we ate here and my advice is DO NOT! The service was absolutely shocking - they forgot my order and my husband had already eaten. When I complained it was like water off a ducks back. He also got really bad food poisoning from the so called 'fresh seafood'.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

For the price, I expected less but it is budget all of the way. Two single, rock hard beds, glasses that were never changed even when I took them down to reception (we were using them for drinks each night). I ended up washing them in the sink with the soap....

No where can you get ice but make it with the bottles of water left in the room - not very convenient. Just give me an ice machine for heaven's sake. I asked if I could get ice and I was told there was a charge.

The rat at the pool in the evening was interesting. I tried to tell the other people sitting there about the rat but they spoke Russian. We finally told them "Mickey Mouse" and explained in English/Russian they have seen many at the hotel....yikes.

Minus the rat, the pool is nice but not enough sun beds or umbrellas. the huge golf umbrella in the hotel for us non-sun lovers was a nice touch and I thought the breakfast was great. Cereal, fresh fruit, egg station, yogurt and noodles - plenty to fill your face with.

This hotel is ACROSS the road, as are almost all properties in Phuket. You will pay 200 Baht for two sun beds no matter where you go. Wasn't too impressed with Karon Beach but it was monsoon season and the garbage was blowing up on the beach and in the water. What a pity.

The kite flyers at this beach were cool though. This hotel is a good hike to many places but we managed to walk/tuk tuk everywhere and then get away from the madness. If you want budget, this place should do...just bring a cooler to store your ice!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Stavanger, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Its an average hotel in Karon. Right by the beach, and the rooms is really nice. The food in the restaurant isnt anything special, and the staff aint nothing at all.We had stayed for 5 min and the "bag man" asked us to buy something illegal, and that was not a good experience. If you would have a ok+ hotel in Karon, its ok to stay here. 1 min to the beach, and 3 min to city centre. Although id rather stay in Patong.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Let me start by saying that the location of this hotel is great. It is right on the beach, and just outside the hustle and bustle of famous Patong. The rooms are huge and pretty well kept. However we experienced the worst service...

We had to depart our hotel for the airport very early, at 6 am. The day before we prebooked a taxi with the front desk and told them we would need to check out early. The next morning we got to the desk at about 5:50 am, and no one was at the desk. We had to get the women who were setting up breakfast in the restaurant to wake up the front desk attendant and the bell hop who were sleeping on the lobby couches. We then had to wait for the front desk man to check the mini bar in a room. We waited, and we he returned I was ready to pay but he kept saying he had to check the mini bar again for some reason... This time he sent somebody else (we didnt even touch a thing from the mini bar!) By this time, our taxi is waiting. By the time he allowed us to pay for the room and officially check out it was 6:20. We were very disappointed with the lack of friendliness and service at this hotel.

Don't eat at the restaurant either, as they have live music which is played so loudly you can't even think let alone have a conversation with anybody. The food is quite average.

The beach was also a let down. Although we were there in the low season so the sea was quite rough and we weren't allowed to swim because of rip tides. The beach was covered in garbage, everything from old shoes, shampoo bottles, to paint cans, syringes, and pill bottles. You can actually see the garbage washing up to the beach in the waves.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Karon Princess Hotel? Share your experiences!