“Wonderfull stay in Phuket” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Old Phuket

You added The Old Phuket to your Saves list
The Old Phuket
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   192/36 Karon Road | Karon Beach, Karon, Phuket Town, Phuket 83100, Thailand   |
Ranked #20 of 72 Hotels in Karon
4.0 of 5 stars 984 Reviews
Dubai
“Wonderfull stay in Phuket”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

I stayed 5 nights in this great hotel. I was really surprised upon arrival, because the hotel looked even better than expected. They have a big land area with good looking and well maintained buildings. Everything you need during your stay is available on their area, like restaurants, swimmingpools, internetrooms, a gym and much more. The staff was very friendly when I checked in and they gave me all the necessary information for my stay. When I arrived in my room it was a big surprise. The room was spacious and the bathroom was so big and luxerious. Everything I needed was included in the room. From my room I had a overview over the big pool. The breakfast buffet is big and has a lot of variety in food. So I had a big choice daily. I can really recommend the place to people who would like to stay in a modern hotel, close to the beach and all the attractions of Karon. The staff is always smiling, which made my stay even more pleasant.

Room Tip: I had a deluxe room with pool view, which was good value and silent.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

My family and I stayed at the hotel at the end of June 2011. I took a connecting room. We found the hotel from the internet. Normally hotel pictures will look nicer than the real ones but I was wrong. The hotel is as nice as its pictures. The bedroom and the bathroom are fantastic, very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. When I was ill and couldn't have breakfast in the restaurant, a restaurant staff brought me some food to the room.

Room Tip: new building was nicer
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

Stayed here from 1st - 8th October 2011 with husbandplus brother & nephew from South Africa. Everything about the Old Phuket was wonderful. Maid came in every day, replaced towels and sundries. The rooms were a dream and the bath/shower room was just wonderful.
Everyone in hotel was polite from morning 'til night. Helpful at every turn.

There is only one, tiny, critism, more rubbish collecting bins would be good in the reception area.
A lot of water in drunk whilst waiting for taxis and the empty bottles are left on the tables which does nothing to enhance the beatiful reception area.
We would all return there again without a second thought. Our congratulations to the Old Phuket for helping to make our holiday unforgettable.

Very much 'The Country of Smiles'. Thank you

Shirley Toogood and family

Room Tip: The rooms with pool access looked good. Ours were 'with pool view'. Wished we'd gone for...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
tokyo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

I found a deal for this hotel online in the old wing, but upon arrival, I was upgraded to the serene wing.
The hotel is spacious, the room was huge, with a great balcony, great bathroom.

The serene wing pool is gorgeous, but could get crowded at time (even in low season), the old wing's pool was small but more quiet. I liked the fact that they were 2 pools.

I used the shuttle bus 3 times, it was a nice feature.

The beach is across the road, and the small road that leads to the beach has a dozen cheap restaurants and massage shops.

The breakfast had a decent variety and was OK.

Overall, for the price I paid, this was a great value.

Room Tip: From what I could tell, the Serene wing rooms are much nicer and newer.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Centurion, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

We just returned from our stay at the Old Phuket Hotel at Karon Beach. Our accomodation was very neat, tidy and had everything you needed from towels for the pool (a bit old) to coffee and bottle water every day. The staff was helpfull and friendly and the grounds was very well kept and beautifull. There is a library, gym etc as well as internet rooms which was very convenient.
There is free transfers daily to Patong and Central Festival Mall.

We loved staying here because it was peacefull and quiet, yet very close to shops etc. You can rent a scooter right there from the hotel as well as book excursions etc. Very convenient.
Patong beach is a nightmare because it's extremely busy there, but we had the option to
go there and return to our nice and quiet hotel.

The only downer is that the pools closes at 19h00 but understandable.
Will definately return again!

Room Tip: I would love a pool access room next time. You have access straight from your bedroom into the pool
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

My boyfriend and I loved staying at the Old Phuket. We still miss staying here, in particular, the little adjoining strip mall/arcade. We were always greeted with friendly faces, and there are security guards 24/7 at both enterances.
Service staff were very happy to help, and in particular, the gentleman at the Tourist Information office, who we spoke to every day, and who constantly went out of his way to help us and give us information, reccomendations, tips and suggestions on tours, trips to Bangkok, public transport, costs and batering, and just general conversation. He was lovely, and we thought highly of him.
Value for money, we thought, was very good, but I guess it depends on the deal you get.
Our room was nice, and had a spa on the balcony. There is a safe in the room for your personal belongings, and the bathroom was really nice. The bed was pretty uncomfortable however, but all in all, we were happy with our 'Delux Spa Room.'
Location was great - Karon is certainly a quieter place than say, Patong or Phuket City, but close enough and cheap enough by public transport. There are plenty of shops, bars and restaraunts near by, as well as lots of market shops, street stalls, fruit stalls, and food grills.
I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

This hotel had it's ups and downs. Great location close to local shops and restaurants with spacious rooms. Unfortunately, when my husband and I checked into our Sino wing room, the room was not at all what we expected and looked a bit run down and bland. We were also given 2 single beds and when we requested a queen or king, their solution was to push the beds together and throw a king size sheet over top. This would not have been the end of the world, but there was rubbish under the bed and the sheet they used was stained with what looked like blood. They changed the sheet, but used another dirty one! Upon complaint and refusing to accept that room they upgraded us to the much nicer Serene wing. I was a bit disappointed because we wanted to stay in the more traditional style, which is why we had chosen The Old Phuket in the first place.
However, the new room was beautiful and brand new with a great bathroom. After the initial horrible check in, our stay was fine. The room was well-serviced, the grounds were lovely and the location was great. I wouldn't say that the staff were overly friendly, especially in the breakfast restaurant where it seemed a great effort to pour coffee. Front desk service was not especially good either. On check out we were charged a mini bar bill even though they told us it was a part of our package when we checked in. Apparently because we were upgraded it was no longer included, but it would have been nice if someone told us that. We couldn't be bothered to argue because the bill was small and the woman at the desk didn't really speak english. Overall, the hotel was nice enough but due to the poor customer service we wouldn't stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay in The Serene Wing and make sure double check that you're getting the right bed configurati...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Old Phuket? Share your experiences!