“Good hotel between Karon and Kata” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Diamond Cottage Resort & Spa

You added Diamond Cottage Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Diamond Cottage Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   6 Karon Rd | Muang, Karon, Phuket Town, Phuket 83100, Thailand   |
Ranked #8 of 72 Hotels in Karon
Bangkok, Thailand
“Good hotel between Karon and Kata”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stay at Diamond Cottage Resort & Spa for 2 weeks and I really like this hotel. The staff is really friendly and its always very clean.

I always get new fresh and clean towels and my bed was always clean.

The breakfast was average not very good not very bad but okey.

The biggest minus was the wifi. Why soo expensive? 100 baht for 30 minutes its not okey.

I stayed at this hotel with my family and my parents get upgrade to the Emerald Suit and its was really good...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Thai first
Tallinn, Estonia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is my second try to write review. First one was in two languages.
I stayed in this hotel in March, some years ago. It's nice hotel. Rooms are big and clean. Breakfast is good. I don't have any bad word about this hotel, but WOW moment also didnt have.
Hotel location is good, between Karon and Kata beach.
Maybe important what I can say is, that its not good for people who has difficulties with walking. Because some part of hotel is on higher level.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
kuopio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Me and my friend had a lovely two week vacation in Diamond Cottage 21st of November until 6th of December. We had pool view room, cleaning service was perfect and hotel had charm and was tidy. Breakfast was good and what to be expected in 3-4 star hotel - adequate but nothing extraordinary .

Best thing about the hotel was the staff and location. Older gentleman at the main pool bar was lovely, helpful and always smiling and making perfect cocktails and also the older gentleman who was controlling the traffic made us feel safe and looked after and always with a happy smile. Those two people really made us feel special and their service had a personal touch. Location close to Kata and Karon was so good that we didn't really need tuk tuk. I also got a beautiful bithday cake from hotel, very considerate.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights (myself, Hubby and 7 year old son) and really loved it. We got upgraded to a delux room which was really nice. Really delicious buffet breakfast at the hotels restaurant, good location with Karon beach just down the road, nice restaurants on the way to the beach. My son loved the slide at the pool (there are 2 different pool areas). You can also used the Spa's jucuzzi for free which was really nice. The only downside was the shower - no shower curtain and the shower door didn't seem to stop the water from going all over the floor.
overall a really nice hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
diamond735, Manager at Diamond Cottage Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

It was nice to hear a very good reviews on TripAdvisor, thank you very much for chosen our resort, hope that our resort will have a chance to serve you and party once again on the next holidays.

Surahammar, Västmanlands Län, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I think it's very good!! Good food and very friendly staff. Nice rooms. Good service. Nice when you got free towels to the pool.
There is a pool bar whitchs we like.
So a can not see any problem going back to this place.
Allsow very good taxi service beside the hotell.

Room Tip: if you want to you can upgrade your room too a room to a accec to a room with pool accec.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
diamond735, Manager at Diamond Cottage Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Honorable Guests,

Thank you very much for your valued reviews on TripAdvisor. Your comments will help us very much to improve our hotel services and standards for our clients.

Once again, thanks for chosen us for your destination holidays.

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have waited all day to do this review... I was originally supposed to stay at the Diamond Cottage Resort for 3 nights, but ended up leaving after 2 because I was so unhappy there. Although I arrived earliesh (11:30am) on my first day, I was told I would have to wait for a room to become available which was understandable. I was told to sit in the lobby which I did, but was not offered a drink or anything which is the first time that has ever happened to me somewhere so touristy such as Phuket or Bali etc. I had booked a pool access room, so theoretically the best type of room at this hotel but the staff attitude was just quite rude and unfriendly. I was offered a free hour of internet, as there were no restaurants at the hotel open and I couldn't obtain food anywhere at the hotel whilst waiting for my room. I ended up waiting for 90 minutes, and in this time got absolutely bitten alive by mosquitos, only when I went to complain at the front desk did a room then become available.
The shower pressure is crap and the water temperature is SOOOOO tepid, it was like bathing in the pool which was quite cold. Bed was hard, didn't bother me too much BUT if you are a bit sensitive with your mattress, then it is like sleeping on concrete! There was a definite mosquito problem in the room, so be prepared to spray yourself with the aerogard!
Had a chocolate bar from the minibar and the chocolate was all melted and speckly, like it was going off, use-by date was coming up pretty quickly so watch that!
Worst of all was the service and attitude at breakfast. The breakfast greeting lady had the most sour expression on her face and just grunted at me (actually on my 2nd morning she wasn't even THERE when I came in, she was sitting up the back near the bar with her friends!), I then waited close to 5 minutes on my first morning for the omelette cook to come over to the egg station, as she was having a chat with the breakfast greeting lady, and they were playing on their mobile phones. She was totally indifferent and didn't care at all that I had been waiting patiently for her to come over. She was also quite rude and unfriendly, and made no eye contact at all. The girl making eggs on the 2nd morning was marginally more friendly but the same breakfast greeting lady was around and was still rude as ever (I passed her a few times throughout the morning and she was always glaring, even if I smiled at her!).
I hated the fact that internet costs 100 baht an hour, I knew it cost but I believed it would be free in the lobby at least but no, it costs no matter where you use it. In this day of age, even the shittest of hostels and guesthouses offers free wifi, think the Diamond is appalling by not offering this, as in most hotels it's considered a basic amenity these days! Internet could also be incredibly slow, which if you're paying so much for it is not cool!!!
Pools are WAY smaller than the photographs depict (they must have had an amazing wide lens from the roof!) but they seemed nice, it was pouring with rain both days I was there so no one was swimming.
Also the leering Tailor was a pain... "Hey honey, where you going" when I'm quite obviously heading up the hill to my hotel room, he was always hanging around and very very annoying, obviously not getting too much work making any clothes (cheaper to find someone on the street)
I really hate writing bad reviews, check my other ones, most of them are very positive but the staff really disappointed me and made me feel so unwelcome, the location is great in the middle of Karon and Kata but I am now happily ensconced in a hotel half the price of the Diamond in Patong, with lovely kind staff, and it's made me realize how unhappy I was at the Diamond!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
diamond735, General Manager at Diamond Cottage Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Dear Our valued guest,

Thank you for your review. Your comments are very important to us in being able to meet and exceed our guest’s expectations. And encourage us to continue to do better and improve our service.
Further to your review, first of all we would like to clarify that when customer make booking, customers will be notified of the check in time and check out time. Customer can check in 2 p.m. and check out time 12.00 noon. Except, if we have room availability we can be flexible for the customer. On the day of your arrival, our rooms are full. And we have not been notified in advance to ask for a double bed. So,we decided to provide the room with twin bed. The circumstances that caused the delay because of double bed not available and the request a change suddenly.
In case of the internet, the condition is always shown obviously before booking the room that internet charges 100 baht per one hour.
However, we would like to thank you again for your comments and suggestion that we are willing to improve more for our service to make guest holiday happier. We trust that you will continue to enjoy our facilities and service upon your next visit to Phuket again.

Wish you all the very best.
The management
Diamond Cottage Resort & Spa
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel, with its friendly staff, beautiful pools, swim up bar, and comfy rooms, was simply sublime. I cannot recommend it enough. Our massages were top-notch, and travel arrangements were handled for us whenever we needed them.

Room Tip: Get the room that leads directly to the pool!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
diamond735, Manager at Diamond Cottage Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear Valued guest,

It was very nice to see your reviews on TripAdvisor and thank you very much for chosen our resort to organize wedding ceremony.

Hope that Diamond Cottage Resort and Spa will be the resort to serve you again in the next holidays.

The Management Team

Been to Diamond Cottage Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!