This is the second stay at Movenpick Karon Beach. Please refer to our first review back in Dec 2011 where we rated movenpick as faultless. unfortunately we did not encounter the same for our second experience. We do love this resort but discovered a few floors this time around which was a shame as it was our honeymoon. Our review is based on a deluxe plunge pool villa and our experience at the time. Any other time with no construction would have been 5 stars again.
Positives (see review dec 2011)
1. Staff - all so amazing & friendly
2. Gardens - best I have ever seen
3. Breakfast - still the best I have encountered around the world
4. Reception lobby area - Amazing
5. The bed - hard to get out of.
1. The hotel is in need of some maintenance and that is exactly what is happening now. Our view is of a major construction site :( Also the whole frontage of the resort is under construction with many of the hotel restaurants not open, including the renowned pizza restaurant. The noise of electric saws and nail guns can be heard all day. A negative for us but a positive for people contemplating visiting in the near future once renovations complete.
2. The dive pool is also under maintenance and not open. No biggie
3. The deluxe plunge pool villa is beautiful but the plunge pool itself is quite grotty. We would not get in it
4. Not the hotel for a honeymoon. It is very much a child friendly hotel and there appear to be more screaming children than Adults. BIG issue for us
5. Upon arrival the reception staff did not know it was our honeymoon nor what our honeymoon package included. We had to ask for our complimentary champaign and basket of fruit. Not a major drama. What is more concerning however was being placed directly opposite the construction when equivalent rooms were available away form the construction.
- Make the Coconut Grove Pool an Adults only pool so there is a sanctuary for honeymooners or adults with no children.
- Tile the internal courtyards in the deluxe plunge pool villa so they look more inviting. Perhaps some plants.
- Have the reception staff know exactly what the honeymoon packages includes to make honeymoon arrivals extra special.
We do love Thailand and have many fond memories of Movenpick. We would definitely return to stay here but perhaps not until we have children (which could be soon).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Moevenpick Resort and Spa Karon Beach Phuket is the perfect place for relaxation in some of the most beautiful natural surroundings in Thailand. Here, all your wishes will be fulfilled in the perfect peace and well-being of a tropical atmosphere. At the Moevenpick Resort and Spa you are one step closer to paradise. In one of the Kingdom of Thailands most enchanting natural settings you will experience a genuine dream destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Moevenpick Resort and Spa Karon Beach Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Resort And Spa Karon Beach Phuket Hotel Karon
- Movenpick Phuket