“Fantastic location beautiful .” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Moevenpick Resort and Spa Karon Beach Phuket

Save Saved
You added Moevenpick Resort and Spa Karon Beach Phuket to your Saves list
Moevenpick Resort and Spa Karon Beach Phuket
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   509 Patak Road | Karon Beach, Phuket, Karon, Phuket Town, Phuket 83100, Thailand   |
Ranked #15 of 70 hotels in Karon
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Fantastic location beautiful .”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Loved staying here for 12 nights.fantastic pool area with swim up bar..Loved coming down into the foyer each morning and hearing the gorgeous sounds of Thai music being played by girls in the most beautiful costumes.Breakfasts amazing......such a selection.Close to the beach
we travelled by taxi to various locations and not expensive.Nice gardens and staff very friendly . Balcony was fairly small but had a nice view. If you like cocktails their Bananarama is yum!
Would return again for another stay

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor with great view over pool area
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

1,245 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I am currently staying at the movenpick with my family staying in a family suite which is 160sm. We are paying over $10,000 Australian to stay here for 11 nights and thought we would get some special treatment. We pretty easy to please... Fruit basket? Bottle alcohol? The furniture looking tired and the couch cushions dirty.

The breakfast is ok lucky they have chefs doing the eggs cause everything else is just mediocre. My son unfortunately threw up one morning on the floor at breakfast they quickly cleaned it but didn't use disinfectant cause I could still smell it. Thought I would take a piece of bread so he could have when he feels better and I had someone really rudely come up to me and said I'm not allowed to take food After my son had just puked on the floor! No one checked if we were ok they were just concerned about me taking piece if bread. ( my son turned out to be fine).

Happened again where I took a piece of fruit and one of the wait staff followed me down the stairs pointing to my bag making me feel like a criminal for taking fruit! I had to say something so I told her how much I was paying for the room and stormed off. Feel like they are stalking you at breakfast time to make sure you don't take anything. Meanwhile the older Russian lady next to me pockets and entire loaf of bread and stack of bananas.

Me bring furious went to speak to who said he was the manger just to give feedback. They could have redeemed themselves by a token 'I'm sorry' but haven't seen anything yet!. We have really enjoyed Thailand and will come back again but sorry that we spent this type if money here. We have stayed at the trump hotels paying the same and the service is impeccable this does not even come close!

My husband works so hard so sorry that his money was wasted.

Pool great for kids. Poolside staff have no idea and serve wrong cocktails. Sorry movenpick you have alot of work to do to call yourself 5 star!

• Stayed January 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Just finished a 10 day family holiday at the Movenpick Karon beach. Look,it's a great affordable resort which caters exceptionally well for families. Staff are very friendly but just lack the 5 star service which is due to a language barrier & not having a huge urgency.

I could pick on little things like frayed bathroom & pool towels,some damaged pool beds, slowish pool service & villa rooms need a make over pretty soon.

Other than that it was really pretty good, great pool's, good restaurants, awesome breakfast, good spa, ok gym, the manner in which the gardens are kept is immaculate.

Pretty Happy with our stay, I would recommend but maybe wouldn't rush back

• Stayed January 2013
hansPhuket, General Manager at Moevenpick Resort and Spa Karon Beach Phuket, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
We appreciate you bringing to our attention your concerns about the broken pool chairs and the towels and will look into it and see where the 1st class service you expected has not been given.We are always striving to improve our hotel atmosphere and service; That is why your comments are so precious to us.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We recently stayed in Movenpick hotel, Karon beach for 4 nights in the month of December. The hotel is a huge property opposite to the Karon beach, huge well maintained lawns and 4 excellent pools. We stayed in the Ocean view rooms which are located in the main building. The Karon beach is a 5 min walk through the resort from the Ocean view rooms.

The positives of the hotel are:
a. The staff are very polite and humble. During our stay we did not find even one staff who did not smile and greet us while crossing us
b. The buffet breakfast was excellent. There were many options available and were delicious.
c. The that we were allocated was the Ocean view room on the 7th floor of the main building. The view from the room was excellent. One can enjoy the beautiful Karon beach sunsets.
d. The 4 swimming pools in the resort. One of the pool is used by the Euro Divers for their scuba sessions. Another pool is accessible to the premier villa residents.
e. Were touched by their hospitality when they had our breakfast packed while we were checking out. We had an early morning flight to catch. When we checked out at around 430 in the morning, they handed us 2 neatly packed breakfast. It was in fact a great way to sign off the stay
f. The location: The hotel is located bang opposite to the Karon beach and one can find many shops and restaurants around.
g. Food was not overpriced.
h. This is a perfect place for couples and families to have a great vacation. Most of the guests who checked out were either couples or families

Few points which the hotel should improve:
a. Shower in the ocean view room: I read few reviews which highlighted this problem (Also read from the management that this issues has been sorted out). But seems like this issue has not been sorted out. The shower has a mind of its own. The shower would fluctuate from being extremely hot to cold. This is a serious concern, considering some people could get burnt while taking a shower.
b. We had to wait till 2:30 PM to get our room. Being peak season, I think they found it tough to allocate a room on time

Overall we had a great time at Movenpick and would definitely recommend the hotel. It would be a great hotel if they could fix the points mentioned above.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed here for 2 weeks over Christmas with my two children. We were in the residence which while a little bit tired was very lovely and warm. We were back from the road which cut down on the noise and having the infinity pool was a bonus. I do feel that residence guest should be able to use the coconut grove pool as well seeing they are paying so much more. I think that better policing of people leaving towels on sun beds and going to the beach should be done however I am sure that this occurs everywhere. The staff were always smiling and happy and the tour desk was very helpful although only offered extra features and information if asked. As we were there over Christmas I was little disappointed with the cost of the functions. As it was, we did not attend any of the dinners put on by the hotel however I am sure they were nice as all the food we did have there was. Service around the pool could be faster however the food was nice and fresh. Location of the hotel was excellent. Right in the middle of Karon area with plenty of tuk tuk's out the front to go on a trip during the day. There was very little for the children in the kids club for their age (9 and 7) however they did have enough to do at the pools. Overall, good stay and would recommend it to friends. Thank you.

Room Tip: I would take the premium villa next time and save the money on the residence. Although they were ni...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Sorry as to review so late...

This was actually our second time to stay at this hotel. Our first experience was a plunge pool villa. Very nice room, however, I think we expected a little more out of the plunge pool. It was very small - this being my only complaint. The grounds and staff were 5 star, this being the largest contributer to our return a few months later.

Our second visit was in the 2 bedroom beach front apartment. This was absolutely the choice room. If you get a chance to book this room - go for it. Well worth the price. Again, the grounds and staff were 5 star. We also happened to be there during the tsunami threat of 2012. Absolute professional staff during this crazy time. I will explain below due to it being worth noting....

During the tsunami threat, we had just returned back from a dive trip. We heard the sirens going off, however, all instruction was in thai. We were very confused as to what was going on and witnessing mass hysteria outside the resort concerned us. We made it to the lobby area of the hotel on our way to pick our child up from the kids club and were stopped by the staff. They where instructing us to the roof of the hotel due to possible tsunami on its way. I kind of stiffed armed her and ran to the kids club. Enroute to the club I noticed the nannies herding the children toward the stairs that lead to the roof. Thank God!! There was my daughter in the arms of one of the staff. Even during these intense times, they cared enough to insure the children where going to be safe. Long story short - No Tsunami came, however, it stirred some emotions that where still somewhat fresh from the last tsunami to affect the area.

Again A+ to the staff for taking care of all the guests during this time, even the kitchen staff for making sure all the guests where fed due to the whole town and surrounding area being shut down that night.

Unfortunately, this was / will the last time we will visit the hotel for awhile. We have stayed in the Karon Beach area our last 3 trips there and the area has progressively gone down hill. The beach , road, and walking areas are full of litter. Such a shame as Karon Beach is such a nice family beach.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
hansPhuket, General Manager at Moevenpick Resort and Spa Karon Beach Phuket, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
thank you for staying with us again, the Team will be happy to hear that your vacation at the Resort was memorable , it is a pitty that you may not consider visiting us again due Karon Beach not being clean as you would have expected, let me take some photos and write to the local authorities and see what could be done to improve. We hope very much that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Not sure about rest of rooms but we stayed in a garden villa right next to the coconut pool which is for villa guests only and it was simply AMAZING !!!
The attention to detail was superb with some really great touches !
When relaxing by the pool on a hot day the staff come around with cold lemon scented towels which where perfect. Also sometimes came round with delicious fresh fruits.
When kids wanted a little more action then we headed to main pool which has water slide, toddlers pool and swim up bar.
Breakfast was great with an incredible variety to choose from and again staying in the villas meant you could either eat at the main hotel restaurant (busy) or at the smaller and quieter restaurant overlooking the beach.
They also have an amazing pizza bar with beach sand floor for the perfect early dinner with the kids.
In general prices are not cheap but I certainly got what I paid for and was very happy overall !
Thanks also to Apple the in house tour desk operator for recommending some excellent day trips..
We will definitely be back to this resort !!!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Moevenpick Resort and Spa Karon Beach Phuket? Share your experiences!