“Great resort - poor location on Karon Beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Front Village Hotel

You added The Front Village Hotel to your Saves list
The Front Village Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   566 Patak Rd. | Karon Beach, Karon, Phuket Town, Phuket 83100, Thailand   |
Ranked #26 of 72 Hotels in Karon
Calgary
“Great resort - poor location on Karon Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Good value for money. Exceptionally clean hotel and pool area. Staff were friendly and accomadative.
Breakfast was clean but after a week needed more variety particularly if you not an egg person. Pool and grounds were well maintained and very clean. The room was large, great balcony, and very clean bathroom. Housekeeping staff were very efficient and hardworking.
Biggest drawback is the fact that the beach area near the resort is dirty (littered with bottles and garbage). We are not sure that is the fault of the tourists. Parts of Karon were run down and it was difficult to walk on the sidewalks. The entire area is very touristy and level of service from taxis and waitresses at local restaurants was minimal. We are not sure we would return to Phuket because of the high tourist traffic.

Room Tip: Choose an upper floor room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

It may not be on the beach , or on the main strip or five star BUT its everything you want to feel spoilt !
I recommend the rooms with pool balconies.
We went to the spa everyday - somedays twice! Recommend the Ayurvedic massage. Although u can get it cheaper else where- this is quality . The staff at the restaurant and spa are just amazing !

If you doing tours - don't go on the big boats. They spend more time at the docks! Small boats have more swimming time !

• Stayed September 2012
canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I went to The Front Village Hotel by myself for a solo pampering trip for five nights in October. I really enjoyed my stay. At first I was worried when I was put in the Superior suite on the ground floor by the pools, but then I realized that it was a good spot. My balcony opened up to the pool where I had my own private railing into the pool. I had the pool to myself the whole time as it was in the more private end of the long stretch.
My room was always cleaned and the bed was very comfortable. The location was excellent as I could easily walk to the beach within ten minutes, but I was away from all the noise and craziness of beach revelers. The staff were friendly and accommodating, by the end of my stay they always recognized me by name.
It was also easy to get around the area by taxi as there was a taxi stop across the road. As a single female, I didn't mind paying a little extra for the taxi and tuk-tuk taxis, as I felt safer. I was 10 minutes away from Patong and about an hour away from the airport.
I would definitely recommend paying extra for the buffet breakfast as it was a good variety of choices and delicious. The staff were always friendly to me and provided good service.
I also tried to go to different spas in the area for pampering myself, but I think that the in house Royal Spa through the sister hotel The Village, was by far my favourite. I got discounts everytime I visited and had very enjoyable treatments. I especially enjoyed the green tea body scrub. The spa area was tucked away at the back of The Village resort and the staff always served delicious tea and were very kind. The rooms were clean and very private and I felt like I was in a zen experience.
It was my first trip to Phuket and at first I was hesitant to go, as I had heard of it's reputation in the past. But it was one of my best trips to Thailand by far. The people were lovely and friendly. The weather was fantastic, even when it rained and I loved the beaches and the shopping.
As a solo female traveler I felt completely safe the whole time and that I got great value for money.
I would definitely return here again.

Room Tip: My suite was at the far end of the hotel, so it was quieter and my room opened up to the shallow end...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

The resort is amazing,the villas are beautifully built in a rustic traditional way,very quiet and private.
However,the only problem is the location,it is about 10-15 minutes walk from the beach,that wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't so hot,but when the sun is shining and it is soo hot (typical for thailand) then walking even 10 minutes to the beach could be not very pleasant..
Anyway,the beach is beautiful,quite wild (I haven't seen any toilets or other facilities on the beach other than a few bars and massage tents,so I don't know what would you do if you need the toilet..)
Chairs and umbrellas are lots on the beach,it costs 200 baht for 2 chairs and 1 umbrella per day.
If you prefer to stay in the hotel the swimming pool is beautiful and also the jacuzzi.
There is a little restaurant on the resort,it is ok,but I suggest dining out in Karon. The breakfast is not bad,there is a range of fruits,vegetables,they cook the eggs what style you wish,but always the same food for breakfast, I would suggest to diversify it a little. We managed to find a few nice and clean restaurants in karon which I will review soon.
The hotel staff are very very nice,friendly and helpful,just like most of thai people.
We used tha spa as well for a full package treatment,it was nice,the wraps and the massage were great,but i wouldn't suggest to do any facials here or anywhere in thailand if you know you have sensitive eyes or skin,my mom caught conjunctivitis from this facial unfortunately. However,they were all nice and helped us with this problem.
Garden villas are all the same as the pool villas,all beautiful so I don't think it worths paying extra for a pool onr,but I guess it's up to everyone.
overall, it is a nice,private and quiet place to stay :)

• Stayed October 2012
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Beautiful resort, lovely staff & fantastic pool. Only about 10 minutes by tuk tuk from Patong & the craziness there, but there is a lot to do in Karon Beach area too, which is only about a 10 minute walk from the hotel. Beach is about a 2 minute walk.

Would definatly stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

After searching numerous web sites and reviews we chose to stay at this hotel for 10 nights and it exceeded our expectations. It was great value for money with an excellent breakfast all included for less than NZ$48 per night. Clearly we are from New Zealand.
I had poached eggs and steamed bacon every morning and they were personally cooked and served to our table - magic.
The rooms were spacious, well designed and kept very clean with ocean views from the private balcony which each room has and overlooked the swimming pools. It had a great super king bed although very firm so we requested a foam layer and that made a huge difference. Our room was on the fourth floor, serviced by a lift, and we were very happy with our room No142 but the bath drain was very slow to drain and tended to build up when showereing and although we requested it to be fixed a number of times they failed to fix the problem. (Only a minor). The ground floor rooms have direct pool access but are not very private.
We checked in at midnight and the staff were very friendly and accommodating, prompt, efficient and professional in every way, our bags were taken up to our room and we were greeted with flowers saying Happy Honeymoon and two beautifully sculptured swans from towels, and we were given free internt for the duration of our stay.
The hotel staff could not do enough for us and we will miss them all.
Becuase the hotel is so small the staff get to know you well - you are not just a number like so many of the larger resorts.
The location of the hotel is perfect, far enough away from the noise of the town centre but only a short 5 min walk to the town centre and numerous restaurants and the beach.
We caught the local bus to Puket Town for 30 baht and had a marvellous time - it took an hour each way and hired a scooter for a day for 250 baht and took it up to the Big Buddah and into the huge shooping mall just outside of Phuket Town and had a lot of fun but you do have to watch the traffic very carefully as it is mad!
We stayed from the 28th October to 8th September as a couple and the weather was perfect and celebrated our 43rd wedding anniversary.
A great place to stay and would highly recommend.

Room Tip: The fourth floor rooms are excellent with ocean views and overlook the swimming pools. The ground f...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kendal, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We followed the opinion of earlier traveller,s and was not disappointed .This was a lovely Hotel,the staff were very friendly,and accomodating.We will miss them all.:( The room was on the fourth floor ,which gave us a great out look.it was spacious,and very clean. The room was set with a lovely welcome in flowers that were refreshed daily.It was a few minutes walk from the beach that we overlooked,and also to Karon ,There was an elderly gentleman that would taxi us around ,parked just across the road We would highly recommend him on his safe driving.Call him Papa,and make his day.:) Great value for money.Breakfast was included in our price,plenty of choice,but working on improving how to keep the food hot.

Room Tip: Lower floor as swimming pool access,but upper levels have veiw.We were happy with our room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Front Village Hotel? Share your experiences!